Discussion Regarding Roe's & Their Awesomeness

the ONLY reason any of the engines let loose is the folks that push for the extra 10hp, let it make what it makes with a great tune, and be happy, 7 more hp isn't gonna get you laid quicker or beat the lambo next to you.

it really doesn't matter if its turbos, a roe blower, a Paxton supercharger, or a procharger, the engines have very thin ringlands thus can only handle so much boost with bad tuning on a stock bottom end.
tuning is the key to survival of these engines, but too much of anything and the rods and bearings will start to cave.

so is it particular to the roe? no,many paxtons, nitrous , and sts's have laid waste to pistons and rods, is it most popular ? yes, easy install , cool looks so forth, and ton of instant boost on the street.

why haven't many laid down good numbers at the track? no telling honestly, the power is there but comes on hard down low, most blow off the tires.

a good time will come from a roe soon im sure, many are going the extra mile lately

the roe is awesome for the street, the Paxton procharger is better at the track, which do you spend most of your time at?

either way plan your build, all the components make up the package, and by all means get your build dyno tuned, that is a MUST. it is the key to long life,
DO NOT let yourself get caught up in the dyno numbers game, 600 rwhp can sometimes beat 1000hp, its more in traction setup so forth. The dyno is a tuning device,

hell do what most do, make your number, if its 600 , hell tellem 900, nobody is going to believe either anyway:rofl:

See.......

I said the same thing using fewer words.
I would only add, if one buy the STS, they should know that a box of matches is cheaper and will provide the same result

I do wish ROE could provide the same look as the unit provided for the Vipers. I really don't like the way the intake is attached to the twin screw. Or the loo for that matter. Too many square edges

thanks caveman, i didn't mean to start a problem page, just trying to get more current information, i can't afford any options and probably never will unfortunately :(

thanks caveman, i didn't mean to start a problem page, just trying to get more current information, i can't afford any options and probably never will unfortunately :(

No need to apologize, homie! I'd like to see this turn into a full blown "discussion" :fight: . Just needed to make sure it was in the correct place.

Sean found a way to get a twin screw supercharger on our trucks and I give him credit for that. I don't see any real options for the kit to be any different than it is now and still be reasonabley priced and still be a bolt-on mod. Some of the downfalls of the system are the fact that there is not room for an intercooler; the manifold lacks volume; and the diffuser plates inside the manifold may help with distribution but kills the flow potential. For our size motors the small 3.4L head unit is fine for low boost levels but can never move the volume of air a turbo or large ProCgarger can. There are options to work around these issues but they are not cheap and requires a built bottom end and require significant modifications.

yes, you can supercharge with a ROE or a paxton and ,with a "proper tune" it will live at about 600 Hp. But there is ALOT of torque and power left! The ROE is probably capable of 750 hp once it is forged! The pistons are junk over 475 hp of real tuning! these engines love fuel and timing once it is forged! forge it first! then boost! The "SAFE" tune is like a throttle stop! just my 2 cents.......

Someone bring back Striker Heads!!

Ok, back to your supercharger talk!

10's really weren't that hard or expensive....

You make a great point. Other platforms start out lighter, but they start out with less power too. (had to make it big so Andy didn't feel left out).

10s are cool, I'd rather something that runs single digits. Get one of our trucks in the 9s and tell me how cheap and easy it was. There's only one guy here that has done it and there's a reason that number is so low.

10s are cool, I'd rather something that runs single digits. Get one of our trucks in the 9s and tell me how cheap and easy it was. There's only one guy here that has done it and there's a reason that number is so low.

Please provide a cost breakdown of what it takes for a late model LS car or Ford product to run single digits.

Please provide a cost breakdown of what it takes for a late model LS car or Ford product to run single digits.

When I do it I'll be happy to. :D

yes, you can supercharge with a ROE or a paxton and ,with a "proper tune" it will live at about 600 Hp. But there is ALOT of torque and power left! The ROE is probably capable of 750 hp once it is forged! The pistons are junk over 475 hp of real tuning! these engines love fuel and timing once it is forged! forge it first! then boost! The "SAFE" tune is like a throttle stop! just my 2 cents.......

You make a good point. Power ain't cheap because it has to be acquired properly. All the tunes in the world won't make a difference in achieving those high HP numbers if the stock internals have not been changed or modified to respond to the demand, whatever that may be. But I'm sure this supercharger has a lot to give if it is assisted in it's efforts to make for one hell of worth it power adder.

The original kit was to provide a power increase to the SRT-10 trucks; and from what I've experienced, the kits should be installed then left alone.

I'm sure Sean was well aware of the limitations of the stock engines using pistons that don't tolerate ANY detonation. That's why boost levels are low and should stay there.

The twin-screw head-unit is too small for serious power and spinning them up faster with pulleys turn them into hot air pumps (bad) requiring band-aids like methanol injection; fine for track use, not so great for long-term street use as many of the pumps fail.

The Gen III was never designed for forced induction and putting the engine in a heavy truck makes that fact worse from a performance standpoint when trying to drive boost higher with the small twin-screw.

Forged pistons aren't immune to damage from detonation either. Crowns don't crack off in chunks like they often do on a cast piston, but ring-lands compress and prevent rings from moving. Either way, the engine is screwed.

I've never seen these particular twin-screws produce brutal power and that wasn't the original plan. That isn't a failure of the the units' or on Sean's part; it is just a bad idea trying to force a small unit to do something it was never designed for. If you want more power, go a different route. If you want "some" power- buy one, have it conservatively tuned and leave it alone.

I think that is maybe what Anthony was trying to say but I'm in his Hater's Club so we can't agree. :p

Last edited:
To play devil's advocate.

Some of these guys are 6'5 and weigh over 300lbs so a viper/vette etc wont work for them and they need a big truck because they are fatties. Now this does not apply to me as I DD a srt-6 so you know im little.

Now with that out the way I agree with you all the way.

The guy that just bought my Viper was 6'3" and weighed 320lbs. He told me that he just lost 40lbs and that this was his fifth Viper. If you really want a Viper.... you can fit just fine!

Geez.... You're greedy!

The guy that just bought my Viper was 6'3" and weighed 320lbs. He told me that he just lost 40lbs and that this was his fifth Viper. If you really want a Viper.... you can fit just fine!

6'4, 260 and I literally couldn't drive a Gen 5 GTS, didn't matter how bad I wanted to. I could drive a Gen 3/4 coupe, but it would be a serious hazard to anyone around me, the car, and myself. And I really, really wanted to.

Stealth, caveman would fit just fine if his head wasn't so big

Jk

Stealth, caveman would fit just fine if his head wasn't so big

Jk

I have a story about that, actually. I met a little kid once that looked up at me and said, "Mr., you have a really skinny head!". I was like, "WTF"?! So I went home and asked my wife and she said I did have a kinda skinny head. I was about 28 years old that the time. 28 freaking years and nobody thought to enlighten me to this important fact about myself. I had to hear if from a random child. :dong:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back