Discussion Regarding Roe's & Their Awesomeness

I have a story about that, actually. I met a little kid once that looked up at me and said, "Mr., you have a really skinny head!". I was like, "WTF"?! So I went home and asked my wife and she said I did have a kinda skinny head. I was about 28 years old that the time. 28 freaking years and nobody thought to enlighten me to this important fact about myself. I had to hear if from a random child. :dong:

Kids are brutally honest sometimes!!:D

I have a story about that, actually. I met a little kid once that looked up at me and said, "Mr., you have a really skinny head!". I was like, "WTF"?! So I went home and asked my wife and she said I did have a kinda skinny head. I was about 28 years old that the time. 28 freaking years and nobody thought to enlighten me to this important fact about myself. I had to hear if from a random child. :dong:

How does this pertain to the original thread? Keep your posts on point, it's the polite thing to do. :D

I'm sure he said shinny not skinny

I'm fat, don't need anyone to tell me that I'm fat, I can see it in the mirror, you must have had a circus mirror not to notice your EXCESSIVELY skinny head............. :):)

Please provide a cost breakdown of what it takes for a late model LS car or Ford product to run single digits.

I just picked this random LS powered vehicle from ebay as a starting point:

Chevrolet Camaro SS | eBay

Then I picked the most expensive LQ4 I could find on ebay:

6 0 Liter Engine Motor Chevy Dropout LQ4 Chevy GMC 128K Drop Out LS Swap | eBay

Based on recent quotes I had to get machine work to the block done I estimated that at $3000, and that is very expensive machine work.

L92 heads:
GM Gen III IV 6 2 L76 L92 LS3 Cylinder Heads 823 | eBay

Port work on the heads:
Total Engine Airflow | CNC Ported Cylinder Heads | GM - LS3/L92 | Cylinder Head Engine 44278 | CNC Cylinder Heads Tallmadge | CNC Ported | Trick Flow | CNC Porting | CNC Head Porting | Custom Cylinder Head | Ohio | :: Total Engine Airflow ::

Rods:
LS1 LS2 LQ9 LQ4 Forged Connecting Rods Pressed 927 SBC Pin I Beam 6 100" Scat | eBay

Pistons:
Diamond Pistons and Piston Ring Kit for LQ4 LQ9 15cc Bore 4 030 370CI | eBay

I chose on off the shelf cam but for this build it would be a custom ground unit, It says call for price so lets call it an even $1000 for the cam, push rods, lifters, etc.

Cam:
Total Engine Airflow | Custom Cylinder Head Assemblies Tallmadge | Airflow Development | Custom Cylinder Head Ohio | TEA Total Engine | CNC Porting | Cylinder Heads | Cylinder Head CNC Porting | Ohio | :: Total Engine Airflow ::

Upgrade transmission:
Tick Performance Level 5 SUPER Magnum TR-6060 Conversion (900RWTQ and up) for 98-02 Camaro & Firebird - Tick Performance, Inc.

Clutch upgrade:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...xwzq5EsPJsSaduCLHv-OAMyPSAaB5BLPKsaAiR08P8HAQ

nitrous:
GM 98-02 F-body 78mm Plate System - GM Systems - EFI Wet Nitrous Systems

I couldn't find any concrete numbers on a rear end upgrade, so I'll pull a number out of my ass around $3500 which would include any rear suspension and rear differential upgrades.

Wheels and tires:
Pick your front runner wheel and wide rear wheel:
Weld Racing Aluma Star 2.0 788 Series Black Wheels |
Pick your front runner tire and rear slick:
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...der=Default&autoview=ProductName&keyword=Drag

I'll just pick some of the most expensive and give a random number, mainly because I've already lost interest in this project. $2000

Car $12,000
Engine $1,800
Machine work $3000 est.
L92 heads $550.00
Port work $1430.00
I beam rods $325.00
Pistons $799.99
Cam, push rods, lifters, etc. $1000
Misc. gaskets, fluids, filters, and parts I overlooked $1000
Trans. upgrades $4999.99
Clutch upgrade $752.00
Nitrous $629.99
Rear end and suspension upgrades $3500
Wheels and tires $2000
GRAND TOTAL TO RUN LOW 9S = $33786.97

DISCLAIMER: This is bench racing at its finest, a fantasy car I built in about an hour of internet research. I can't confirm this car would run that # it is purely a hypothetical example of what could be.

Wow. Even if you are off on the numbers, it's amazing you took the time to do this.

Wow. Even if you are off on the numbers, it's amazing you took the time to do this.

Slow afternoon at work and I'm stuck in front of my desk, figured why the hell not.

I was also pricing a modern hemi build I'm doing, so I was visiting some of the same websites.

Slow afternoon at work and I'm stuck in front of my desk, figured why the hell not.

I was also pricing a modern hemi build I'm doing, so I was visiting some of the same websites.

Time we'll spent I'm sure Andy. I'd do the same thing too if I could.

I just picked this random LS powered vehicle from ebay as a starting point:

Chevrolet Camaro SS | eBay

Then I picked the most expensive LQ4 I could find on ebay:

6 0 Liter Engine Motor Chevy Dropout LQ4 Chevy GMC 128K Drop Out LS Swap | eBay

Based on recent quotes I had to get machine work to the block done I estimated that at $3000, and that is very expensive machine work.

L92 heads:
GM Gen III IV 6 2 L76 L92 LS3 Cylinder Heads 823 | eBay

Port work on the heads:
Total Engine Airflow | CNC Ported Cylinder Heads | GM - LS3/L92 | Cylinder Head Engine 44278 | CNC Cylinder Heads Tallmadge | CNC Ported | Trick Flow | CNC Porting | CNC Head Porting | Custom Cylinder Head | Ohio | :: Total Engine Airflow ::

Rods:
LS1 LS2 LQ9 LQ4 Forged Connecting Rods Pressed 927 SBC Pin I Beam 6 100" Scat | eBay

Pistons:
Diamond Pistons and Piston Ring Kit for LQ4 LQ9 15cc Bore 4 030 370CI | eBay

I chose on off the shelf cam but for this build it would be a custom ground unit, It says call for price so lets call it an even $1000 for the cam, push rods, lifters, etc.

Cam:
Total Engine Airflow | Custom Cylinder Head Assemblies Tallmadge | Airflow Development | Custom Cylinder Head Ohio | TEA Total Engine | CNC Porting | Cylinder Heads | Cylinder Head CNC Porting | Ohio | :: Total Engine Airflow ::

Upgrade transmission:
Tick Performance Level 5 SUPER Magnum TR-6060 Conversion (900RWTQ and up) for 98-02 Camaro & Firebird - Tick Performance, Inc.

Clutch upgrade:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...xwzq5EsPJsSaduCLHv-OAMyPSAaB5BLPKsaAiR08P8HAQ

nitrous:
GM 98-02 F-body 78mm Plate System - GM Systems - EFI Wet Nitrous Systems

I couldn't find any concrete numbers on a rear end upgrade, so I'll pull a number out of my ass around $3500 which would include any rear suspension and rear differential upgrades.

Wheels and tires:
Pick your front runner wheel and wide rear wheel:
Weld Racing Aluma Star 2.0 788 Series Black Wheels |
Pick your front runner tire and rear slick:
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...der=Default&autoview=ProductName&keyword=Drag

I'll just pick some of the most expensive and give a random number, mainly because I've already lost interest in this project. $2000

Car $12,000
Engine $1,800
Machine work $3000 est.
L92 heads $550.00
Port work $1430.00
I beam rods $325.00
Pistons $799.99
Cam, push rods, lifters, etc. $1000
Misc. gaskets, fluids, filters, and parts I overlooked $1000
Trans. upgrades $4999.99
Clutch upgrade $752.00
Nitrous $629.99
Rear end and suspension upgrades $3500
Wheels and tires $2000
GRAND TOTAL TO RUN LOW 9S = $33786.97

DISCLAIMER: This is bench racing at its finest, a fantasy car I built in about an hour of internet research. I can't confirm this car would run that # it is purely a hypothetical example of what could be.
I love bench racing numbers. That's what all the guys who don't bring their cars to the track use to compare. Very accurate stuff.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I love bench racing numbers. That's what all the guys who don't bring their cars to the track use to compare. Very accurate stuff.

difference is I actually race, you wanna throw down? Don't make me make a youtube callout video! :D

I have a really big head, literally, not just my big ass ego. The best line I was ever hit with was that the only heads bigger then mine are on Mt Rushmore! :D

And as far as the Roe s/c s go...did anyone ever have any success setting up an intercooler for one?

Seethrough is doing an absolutely sick Roe build right now! Check his posts out for what he is doing.

difference is I actually race, you wanna throw down? Don't make me make a youtube callout video! :D
My best track time is still quicker than yours I think. So why not. I don't have enough high school blood left in me for a youtube call out vid tho man. Sorry.

My best track time is still quicker than yours I think. So why not. I don't have enough high school blood left in me for a youtube call out vid tho man. Sorry.

That you know of....

You bust out lower than 12.51?

No, but isn't the best part about bench racing making someone believe your car is faster than it really is?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back