Dodge Ram Srt10 NA 1/4 Mile Trap Speed World Record

Trainman said:
I thought the rev limiter was at 6000 also, I have not had it changed so the tires must be growing enough to give that extra mph because theoretical top speed at 6000 with 4.56 gears and a 29.5 inch tall tire would be 115.476, maybe the factory setting is at 6050 or 6100? Either way I don't have any room for more. If I go to Striker heads and cam and say gain 80-100 HP , I will have to shave the calipers and go with the M&H Nostalgia slick that is 31.5 inches tall ( The 12.00-16 Slick).:rock:
are you saying that you'll have to change slicks due to the height of them?

Vader.jpg

:rock: :rock:

Tooloe said:
are you saying that you'll have to change slicks due to the height of them?
Yes, right now I have the 390-40-17 Drag Radial (not a full slick) and by changing to the M&H Nostalgia 12.00X16 Slick (31.5" tall) I raise the top speed potential from 115.6 to 121.7 at 6000 rpm and if I raise the rev limiter to 6200 I will be able to hit 125.8 (if I have enough power:D ).

SrtBrad said:
TY Denise. I also have a little treat for you with a shifting video that I'm working on.
:D :D :D :rock: :rock: :rock: :elefant:

Congratulations trainman, thats the most impressive thing I have scene in a long time...

Looking at the "broader" picture (comparing the SRT10 to other performance trucks), this could be the most impressive run/video on the net for our trucks. Given Trainman's minimal mod's, running a 12.0 at that speed overshadow's the 14 trucks on this site that are faster. Not disrespecting the owners of those trucks, as track conditions and climate are major factors on a run. However, I just look at how much money was spent to get those times. Kinda supports my theroy of staying N/A and maintaining driveability. And as other's pointed out, great driving!

outnumbered said:
Looking at the "broader" picture (comparing the SRT10 to other performance trucks), this could be the most impressive run/video on the net for our trucks. Given Trainman's minimal mod's, running a 12.0 at that speed overshadow's the 14 trucks on this site that are faster. Not disrespecting the owners of those trucks, as track conditions and climate are major factors on a run. However, I just look at how much money was spent to get those times. Kinda supports my theroy of staying N/A and maintaining driveability. And as other's pointed out, great driving!

:rock: :rock:

BTW this video was filmed with three cameras. One of the cams that was donated by the VTCOA, another cam that was donated by Flchub, and the third was the one left behind by the robbers. Clint cam was used for the shifting in cab video that was used for only 1 run for Wifey. I will post another video with the in cab run and the other runs of Trainman that evening.

Last edited:
Is he/his truck the fastest "stock engine" factory truck in the world period?

All internels are OEM right?

MG42pillbox said:
Is he/his truck the fastest "stock engine" factory truck in the world period?

All internels are OEM right?
Right....I have just over 51,000 miles on the truck and have never had the valve covers off.:rock: It is a 2004 and I bought in new in May 2004.

Trainman said:
Right....I have just over 51,000 miles on the truck and have never had the valve covers off.:rock: It is a 2004 and I bought in new in May 2004.

I love it man... You have more than one world record so to speak. :cool:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back