Drop-in vs. CAI

What to do for the MOST power

• Leave the K&N CAI on the truck

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Put the stock system back on with a "drop-in" filter

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters
stick said:
Dam, I Guess i just suck at driving because my buddy only has a upper pully and as you have seen in our vids that when i was stock I had a hell of a time just keeping up......maybe i need a driving school......how about it slow 91 , Are you coming to fl any time soon:)

Your driving is probably okay....it's just that these trucks take a some practice to get the tranny to cooperate. I had the stock clutch in my truck before selling it to had_to_have_it (Zollie) and have never gone from second to first, like I've read other members complain about.....but I have missed third a couple of times by not paying attention and being lazy with my shifts. I usually powershift my a$$ off. Old Red never complained, in fact, I think she likes it more when I'm rough with her........:D

Svtfreak (Blaine) ran a 12.79 @ 107.9 with zero mods and we've had the opportunity to "play" a little. I wish we had video of the night we went out to Northside (Houston) and annihilated a few wanna-be "players"....:p Later on that night on the way home, we had an opportunity to line up a few times against each other and we were dead-even through all of the gears........:dontknow: Those are the nights that you never forget.....;)

Stick, Zollie and I talked about heading to Florida for Spring Break Nationals.....maybe we could meet up one day for lunch @ Hooters......:dancing:

Got back in from Asheville today to find a K&N drop-in on my front porch. Pulled the CAI off and put the monsterously ugly stock box back on, along with the new filter and went down the road. Let the truck warm up to around 170; stopped in the middle of the road and slowly gave it throttle. Truck broke loose in first gear and chirped the tires nicely in second. All in all the truck felt strong ( note that I have not driven the truck in a week).

Got back to the house, and put the CAI back on, and went back down the road again. Again, stopped in the road, slowly gave it throttle, and just like before, truck broke loose quickly. However, when it went into second, it was still spinning violently, to the point that I had to let out of it because the ass end was getting ready to pass me.

Sooooooo.....I don't think I have proved anything. The truck did spin much much more with the CAI on the same road, in the same spot, but that doesn't prove it had more power. However, I do know this, if there is any difference, it's not worth putting that big stock box back in the truck; it's just to friggin ugly. I actually forgot how ugly it was. So it is probably safe to say that the CAI will remain if only for the looks.

Done!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back