dyno and first 1/4 run since rebuild

pirateman said:
i finally got my appointment for the dyno tune since the rebuild. The guy did a great job. Its amazing how much can be done in the electronics. The final numbers was 636 rwhp and 648 tq. We ran it saturday night at the strip and the best of 3 runs was 11.899 @120.74. My question is has any body achieved these numbers yet without a s/c or nitrous?

Great numbers mate. :rock:

The following question is in no way, shape or form a "low blow" so please don't take it that way as it's not my intention. With 630+ rwhp, shouldn't the truck be closer to low 11s, high 10s? Just curious as I know Trainman and a couple? of others have run 12.7 and 12.9 on basically stock setups.

So, with the added power (roughly 200hp more than stock) 0.9 seconds doesn't sound all that great. :confused: :dontknow: It's great, don't get me wrong but shouldn't it be faster? I've heard our trucks are awfully hard to get into the 10s, traction or therefore lack of it sucks. :( Again, this isn't a malicious post, just curious. :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carlwalski said:

The following question is in no way, shape or form a "low blow" so please don't take it that way as it's not my intention. With 630+ rwhp, shouldn't the truck be closer to low 11s, high 10s? Just curious as I know Trainman and a couple? of others have run 12.7 and 12.9 on basically stock setups.

So, with the added power (roughly 200hp more than stock) 0.9 seconds doesn't sound all that great. :confused: :dontknow: It's great, don't get me wrong but shouldn't it be faster? I've heard our trucks are awfully hard to get into the 10s, traction or therefore lack of it sucks. :( Again, this isn't a malicious post, just curious. :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl the computers say that with my 620 rwhp and 5400 lbs the max should be in the 11.70 range...I bet that Pirateman is no 120 featherweight so if he is running 630 rwhp and weighing in at 5500 wet...he is doing very, very well...the weight of these trucks, and its profile are two big detractors...

Thanks Prof, I know the weight is a big factor but that weight is the same for the near stock trucks running 0.9 seconds slower.
I guess what I'm saying is shouldn't that extra 200rwhp by propelling it faster than zed time?

Prof said:
Carl the computers say that with my 620 rwhp and 5400 lbs the max should be in the 11.70 range...I bet that Pirateman is no 120 featherweight so if he is running 630 rwhp and weighing in at 5500 wet...he is doing very, very well...the weight of these trucks, and its profile are two big detractors...

I guess this is a QC then @ 5500Lbs? :D

impressive & you saved alot of $$$ doing it mostly yourself !!!! :rock:

how much are you into this build-up ?

what octane are you having to run with that compression ?

Last edited:
Actually, is this a quad cab!?!? Shit, if it is, forget what I said LOL
Trainman etc ran regular cabs. A quad running those times is bloody awesome! ;)

Excuse me, haven't been to sleep last night/today......I'm having a major drop kick of a day.

Carlwalski said:

Cheers,
Carl

Carl what Prof said...5500 lbs gonna take almost twice pirates HP to see 10s....and tracks are different due to local conditions...if he ran up here at Bristol he would probably never see past low 12s..

He's been to FI and back!

I would be very happy if I were him...right where he is!

Dude that is killer, especially battling the fact that it is a 120 mph brick going down the strip.

insane what did the components and machine work cost ya??? pm me if you dont want to public present it.. thanks for your help

5600 pounds/120 M.P.H. = 740 WHEEL H.P.
I'm confused.
Another 100 h.p. during the 1/4 mile passes...Nitrous?
Something doesn't compute... :dontknow:

the rods are actually for a chevy. You can turn your crank down .020 and they work just fine

i think the truck is capable of running a better time but i have only made 3 real passes in it since the tune. And traction is a major handicap.

i had to start over with a new block, and i had to purchase a short block from dodge for over 7000.00 only to throw away the rods and pistons, so i think i have about 17000.00 in it counting the machine and balancing work. I have to run a min. of 105 octane. AND AGAIN THIS BUILD IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. I dont have to drive my truck daily, i have had it 2 years with less than 7000 miles on it. I f i had to drive it daily i would go back with the roe.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back