Engine Build cost

Troy's QC SRT said:
Sounds like a great deal, your at Erwin so i'm assuming your military...With me being military also this sounds like a real good deal since i don't always have the time to work on my truck that heavily as in pulling the motor and shipping it off....I'm going to send you a pm so i don't hijack this thread....

PM replied:)

I would personally go with one of our vendors here.

They have a proven track record, EED built both of my motors, for the red truck and the silver truck.

They build Viper motors and do a tremendous amount of R&D on the motors dating back over 12 years.

Kevin Singleton, and his main man Dan, knows more about Big HP Viper motors than most, he has forgotten more than most know today.

A Viper engine build is not like anything else.

You have to know all the tricks and, secrets to make them live.

I know quite a bit about motor building and a Viper is different in how it must be set up, than anything I have ever done.

The guy who has done nothing but build chevy, or ford motors cannot know the nuances of a Viper, and there are many.

Just my 2 cents as I want to see every one successful, and happy with their build.

These guys dont do many domestic motors. They build Austin Healey, Jaguar, amoung others. The shop does $250k Jaguar restorations and the engine builder was recommended.
I would like to use a vendor, but I feel this price is hard to beat. Plus they are here in town so I can save on the hastle and moneys of shipping. The other thing is I am broke and these guys are going to let me pay as we go, said it doesnt matter if it takes 6 months!!

who are the vendors/builders here that can do 800 HP NA? someone said only Lingenfelter...

So here are some pics of the progress.. Its stipped down. Crank is ok. Just going to key and use an ATI balancer. Single or double? That is the current question
engbuild3.jpg
engbuild2.jpg
engbuild1.jpg
build6.jpg
build5.jpg
build4.jpg

That didn't take you long to get started.
What did you decide to do?

I am an inpatient person. lol I sent the motor to Classic Jaguar here in town. Just doing forged internals. Stock everything else. Think were going 5 over. Talked with EED but after contacting him twice and sending emails with no responce, I descided to stay local. Kevin at EED told me twice he was going to email an estimate and I am still waiting.

McLuvin said:
I am an inpatient person. lol I sent the motor to Classic Jaguar here in town. Just doing forged internals. Stock everything else. Think were going 5 over. Talked with EED but after contacting him twice and sending emails with no responce, I descided to stay local. Kevin at EED told me twice he was going to email an estimate and I am still waiting.

Are you going to put in ProGram billet main caps too:dontknow:

Yellow venom said:
Are you going to put in ProGram billet main caps too:dontknow:
They are Stout!

Tooloe said:
that is the only thing i did not upgrade in my motor and every time i hit the button i cringe

I was surprised at the Billet mains compared to the stockers. Once again, the DC saving some money at our expensive.

Took me quite awhile to get my hands on some ProGram mains. They were out of stock for awhile.

Not cheap and you have to bore-line hone them too. But great piece of mind. I know Jack was on me for awhile about doing them the second time around.

I think I am going to keep the stockers. Really would like to but the mains and alingn bore are pretty costly. Has anyone had main bearing problems due to hp and no billet mains?

McLuvin said:
I think I am going to keep the stockers. Really would like to but the mains and alingn bore are pretty costly. Has anyone had main bearing problems due to hp and no billet mains?

Not yet:D

I did billet mains in mine,talk to your builder,its not that costly to put them in,I paid just under $1500 for mains and labour if I recall.

McLuvin said:

How would you know??

Emm dunno..Let me rephrase.. has anyone had bearing problems what didn;t have billet mains? Seems there aren't too many bearing problems from what Ive seen on here. But I am noob..so It don't mean nada.. I just don't have $1500 bones laying round..

It's a tough call, I know. The is no end to the modding madness.

Bone said:
It's a tough call, I know. The is no end to the modding madness.

You got that right,thats how my build started,I bought a ROE and I was just going to forge the pistons,then rods,then bigger wrist pins and wire locks,and polished and nitrated the crank while it was out,then ProGram billet mains while it was already torn apart and ready,etc......etc...when he was done it was a full build:rock: ,was gonna be a $3K budget build and ended up being a $14K full engine build:burnout:

Yellow venom said:
You got that right,thats how my build started,I bought a ROE and I was just going to forge the pistons,then rods,then bigger wrist pins and wire locks,and polished and nitrated the crank while it was out,then ProGram billet mains while it was already torn apart and ready,etc......etc...when he was done it was a full build:rock: ,was gonna be a $3K budget build and ended up being a $14K full engine build:burnout:

And that right there is what i'm afraid of....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back