Engine Build cost

Troy's QC SRT said:
And that right there is what i'm afraid of....

Well you are only 2.5 hours from Taliban Dan (Warner Robins). He can rebuild your motor locally here.

He's a local mechanic and a friend to many on here.

McLuvin said:
I think I am going to keep the stockers. Really would like to but the mains and alingn bore are pretty costly. Has anyone had main bearing problems due to hp and no billet mains?
i made a 1070 without billet mains and put some hard mles on it and never had a problem

Yellow venom said:
How many miles in total?:dontknow:
3 or 4 thousand... then i went to a bigger turbo and built the motor again because of a head gasket but never had a prob with the main bearings dont get me wrong i have billet mains now....

thanks.. I know I should.. Man I still might. But I want headers. I want stinkers lowering kit. I want...i want.. I want.. I'll never see those mains again...i hope:( Its 350 for machine work plus 700 to grind and nit the crank. Plus the mains are about 800? Jeeze.. Only wanna do it once and I will have too much invested in this truck I'll be keeping it forever. :confused:

McLuvin said:
thanks.. I know I should.. Man I still might. But I want headers. I want stinkers lowering kit. I want...i want.. I want.. I'll never see those mains again...i hope:( Its 350 for machine work plus 700 to grind and nit the crank. Plus the mains are about 800? Jeeze.. Only wanna do it once and I will have too much invested in this truck I'll be keeping it forever. :confused:
you wont be by yourself.

Bone said:
Well you are only 2.5 hours from Taliban Dan (Warner Robins). He can rebuild your motor locally here.

He's a local mechanic and a friend to many on here.

I would like to know a little more baout this fella....I'm not ready to do it now but owuld be interested in getting pricing......I'm going back and forth or whether to mod big on the truck or continue saving for the 911:D

Troy's QC SRT said:
I would like to know a little more baout this fella....I'm not ready to do it now but owuld be interested in getting pricing......I'm going back and forth or whether to mod big on the truck or continue saving for the 911:D
Dan will do you right bro. he installed a cam and vec3 and roe for me on my QC. did a excellent job and his price was way reasonable.:rock:

Whats reasonable?? I want to get my tranny built which ill remove and reinstall myself...im hoping Dusty can send me one and i can jsut swap it straight out and send him mine back but i need to actually talk to him and see how he does it.....After i get the tranny built i'll start pricing a motor build.....

Im with you troy I wanna start at the tranny then heads and cam... engine build then last but not least power adders

Troy's QC SRT said:
Whats reasonable?? I want to get my tranny built which ill remove and reinstall myself...im hoping Dusty can send me one and i can jsut swap it straight out and send him mine back but i need to actually talk to him and see how he does it.....After i get the tranny built i'll start pricing a motor build.....
get with bone and call him, stinker can get you a parts list with prices then you can see what youll be looking at.

1fast10 said:
Im with you troy I wanna start at the tranny then heads and cam... engine build then last but not least power adders

Yea Pete i do mostly my own work since i'm a helicopter mechanic! I'm jsut not messing with my engine!! My tranny getting built will be my first "major" mod...probably get a new torque convertor while i have it out also.....

Update.. you all were right. Plan on spending more!!!!!! So block needs align hone. Might as well do billet mains then. Well now theres only one thing left to do. Nitrite the crank....

McLuvin said:
Update.. you all were right. Plan on spending more!!!!!! So block needs align hone. Might as well do billet mains then. Well now theres only one thing left to do. Nitrite the crank....

nitrite the crank doesn't cost that much,you going to get it polished too?,you will be happier with the build when its done,sounds like your heading down my path:D

Yellow venom said:
nitrite the crank doesn't cost that much,you going to get it polished too?,you will be happier with the build when its done,sounds like your heading down my path:D

Not looking forward to going down that path but i know eventually i'll be making that post about looking for a engine builder:( .....wathing my Porsche fund go down:(

Well troy good thing is ill be right there with ya reasearching and lending a hand when you need it. Or just watching and drinking

Get a plan before you start, as things like ring selection and clearances will change with the type of power adder or adders you choose.

A build up is not universal and must be specific to the combination you will run.

FSTJACK said:
Get a plan before you start, as things like ring selection and clearances will change with the type of power adder or adders you choose.

A build up is not universal and must be specific to the combination you will run.

I'll keep that in mind Jack;)

eddie102870 said:
get with bone and call him, stinker can get you a parts list with prices then you can see what youll be looking at.

Stinker would have all the prices on parts.

However, Dan works mostly for beer and Ho money. Local shops I can either give the phone numbers for or give you a ball park price, since I have modified most everything on the engine.

From file fitting the rings, to bore line honing the engine can be done in town. Even porting the heads. They have already done several viper engines here, both on the forum and locals with Vipers.

You won't find a lower price on making a sweet forged engine. However, any work we take here, we will only do if a vendor doesn't offer that service.

I will help anyone out, without sacrificing the forum vendors' game.

I don't charge anything for running the parts around town, other than some beer at next reunion. Many have benefited from the local shops. I feel extremely lucky to have some great knowledge in town from some good ole boys. Even some youngins like Brian Anderson with his dyno.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back