Engine is at Arrow

I removed the fuel pump today. Next it gets shipped to PBJ so he can work his magic on my fuel system. Things are starting to move.

I just got off the phone with Steve at PBJ. They have most of the parts in. Joe found a new used crank for me, so it is on the way to Arrow for clean up. During the ROE install my installer drilled my pins at a bad angle, and Todd at Arrow did not feel it could be used again. So this time it will be keyed. The heads are are being worked as well. So things are moving along.
Just a few more weeks.

tinygiants said:
I just got off the phone with Steve at PBJ. They have most of the parts in. Joe found a new used crank for me, so it is on the way to Arrow for clean up. During the ROE install my installer drilled my pins at a bad angle, and Todd at Arrow did not feel it could be used again. So this time it will be keyed. The heads are are being worked as well. So things are moving along.
Just a few more weeks.

Sorry to hear about the work at Max. Obviously these vehicles are not their forte.

Steve rang me up too. I should have my fuel lines run this weekend.:D

Ram From Hell said:
Boy howdy. I've been w/o my truck for 2 friggin' years buddy.:(
Soon Eric Soon

Will you be done before my engine is back and installed?

Ram From Hell said:
Boy howdy. I've been w/o my truck for 2 friggin' years buddy.:(

:eek:WTF?!?!? How do you manage?:dontknow: Have you been taking pointers on remaining calm from FastJack?

tinygiants said:
Yes, my budget can not afford a different power adder. Besides, I am betting that my little Roe will surprise the heck out of everyone. I may not have the HP most of the big guys are sporting, but I will have suspension and tire size to use more of what I do have. That should help a little :)

Nice build... and the ROE is going to do just fine;)
Seen a few Vipers run at Bradenton a few year's back...on built motor's -ROE blower, and a "bit" of spray...:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
They were getting down the 1/4 just fine:rock:
Can't wait to see how she does... real nice tubbed bed to boot:rock:
Thanks for sharing.

tinygiants said:
Just a few more weeks.

Your truck is going the long road...but it will pay huge dividends...your patience is admirable...

Roy

Thanks Ken, Roy
It is getting close. The heads have the new Larger valves in them now. So they will be able to make good power. Not sure what the plans are for the CAM yet.

I do not have all the specs at the moment, but I will soon. I just told Joe what I wanted and the budget. The rest is up to him. So when I get the build sheet it will be like Christmas.

tinygiants said:
Thanks Ken, Roy
It is getting close. The heads have the new Larger valves in them now. So they will be able to make good power. Not sure what the plans are for the CAM yet.

I do not have all the specs at the moment, but I will soon. I just told Joe what I wanted and the budget. The rest is up to him. So when I get the build sheet it will be like Christmas.

Sounds AWESOME Dale. Cant wait to see you run out at bremerton this year!! Well, i hope you do!!

BigDave1970 said:
Sounds AWESOME Dale. Cant wait to see you run out at bremerton this year!! Well, i hope you do!!
Thanks Dave.

I am pretty darn stoked. I am going to call tomorrow and get a feel for finish date. I am hopeful that they can give me a spec list then as well. I need some data to start drooling over.

Well, I hope Joe has Arrow do all the work so I can get my truck into his shop!

Nothing personal...but I want my forged stuff!

Prof said:
Well, I hope Joe has Arrow do all the work so I can get my truck into his shop!

Nothing personal...but I want my forged stuff!

To late Roy. My block and other parts were already on the way to PBJ. I beat you to the service line. :)

But one thing is for sure, we will both be very happy in the near future.

How much do you think the NOS kit would cost to do now instead of next year? If I did it now, I would only have to pay the tuning fees once.... That alone might be enough to justify it now.

tinygiants said:
To late Roy. My block and other parts were already on the way to PBJ. I beat you to the service line. :)

But one thing is for sure, we will both be very happy in the near future.

How much do you think the NOS kit would cost to do now instead of next year? If I did it now, I would only have to pay the tuning fees once.... That alone might be enough to justify it now.

Seems like a good plan...I am going to ask Joe to price a NOS kit for my snowblower...I figure a 5 shot would be all I need when I get to a big drift...

Alright Roy, you got a reprieve. My block has not left Arrow yet. So you have a little longer :) But Joe expects it in any day so that it can be done in the next 2 weeks.

Since I live real close to Arrow I can pick up any paid for parts for you guys, like complete motors and such. :D Hell I am even willing to install them in my truck to test them for you. No no no, don't thank me, its something I'm willing to do for our members.;)

Bill.

i stop by arrow every monday and talk with todd in between my classes , very nice guy and its always fun to see what they have cooking in the dyno cells :rock:

nathan

There are some benefits to living in Michigan! Aside from being able to pick up some venison on the way home from work every evening!

I have updates:
The pistons are due in to Arrow on Monday the 3rd. They will have the engine out by Friday the 7th. It will be to PBJ early the next week and out by the end of the week on the 14th. So I should have it in town by the 21st.

i do not know how some of you guys have been so patient. I am so ready to drive my truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back