engine oil cooler lines

ZCx - can you share the sizes on the fittings so I don't have to rip mine apart? Any pics? Thanks!

lets see if this works. if it does. they are #10 fittins. -10 in AN terms. tried to stay the same I.D. as stock lines.

Attachments

• 100_0258.jpg
    100_0258.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 767
  • 100_0262.jpg
    100_0262.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 947
  • 100_0267.jpg
    100_0267.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_0261.jpg
    100_0261.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 375
thanks ya'll. for what i ordered $212. got some extra hose. with what was used about $185. plus shippin of course

Last edited:
Was thinkin on it, with an external oil cooler available, jsut having a helluva time figuring where to put it:D

but yeah, should be able to , I got a connection on fittings so hopefully can do them right.

ZX did a hell uva nice job:rock:

Stinker said:
Was thinkin on it, with an external oil cooler available, jsut having a helluva time figuring where to put it:D

but yeah, should be able to , I got a connection on fittings so hopefully can do them right.

ZX did a hell uva nice job:rock:

I put mine on passenger side next to the radiator in the opening between the radiator and headlight. Made up some basic brackets for mounting purposes. Idea was that in cold weather I can leave the stock plastic 'diverter', for lack of a better word, thats mounted in the grill/hood in place to keep direct air from flowing over the cooler. In hot weather I simply pull the diverter to get full air steam through the cooler. A series of 1" holes would also work and keep the grill looking somewhat stock.

ONce summer hits here in phx I'll be able to play some more with how well it works then decide if I want to try something else ie add fans.

Chuck B said:
I put mine on passenger side next to the radiator in the opening between the radiator and headlight. Made up some basic brackets for mounting purposes. Idea was that in cold weather I can leave the stock plastic 'diverter', for lack of a better word, thats mounted in the grill/hood in place to keep direct air from flowing over the cooler. In hot weather I simply pull the diverter to get full air steam through the cooler. A series of 1" holes would also work and keep the grill looking somewhat stock.

ONce summer hits here in phx I'll be able to play some more with how well it works then decide if I want to try something else ie add fans.

Thats what I was lookin at:rock: an also behind the a/c cooler, and with the options of a fan for those in the warm areas

Stinker said:
Thats what I was lookin at:rock: an also behind the a/c cooler, and with the options of a fan for those in the warm areas

My thoughts were if I went with fans then I'd want to mount the cooler away from the front of the engine bay. I was thinking down around the frame under the truck. No need to be in direct airflow if you've got fans. Fact is I haven't given too much thought as I know having a real cooler mounted rather than the factory exchanger will be a huge difference in shedding heat from the oil. I'll know more come May 08 ;) Should be getting over 100F around here by then.

Looks great! At the block and cooler, is it a -10 or does it need an adapter from NPT or some other thread type? Thanks much!!!!

ZCx said:
lets see if this works. if it does. they are #10 fittins. -10 in AN terms. tried to stay the same I.D. as stock lines.

at block & cooler are o'ring fittins. straight thread.

ZCx said:
howdy ya'll,
had an engine oil cooler line bust on me last night. guess i was lucky. looks like it let loose just a bit before i stopped for gas. blew out 4 qts. of oil in a short time. what a friggin mess. had the "normal" seeps is all.
called a wrecker & got back to the shop. dam truck even looked good on the wrecker, roll back wrecker. got the lines off and replaced the hoses with some Strat-o-flex and got her runnin. i can not believe the total yard bird caca setup that dodge put our trucks. i don't know if dodge "up dated" the replacement hoses or not. it looks like they used reg. old heater hose. ordered hose & fittins to do the job correctly as soon as i got back to the house. real purdy red & blue fittins & that fancy stainless steel hose.
so please check or REPLACE ya'll's oil cooler lines.
question? do ya'll guys with all that work & money in the big horse engines use the stock lines??? that would be one hell of a gamble over a 2 bit hose.

ZCx:rock:
What year and how may miles? Mine, O6 2000 miles. Should I start to worry? bobbymac

You guys are scaring me

Are you trying to tell me these 10 trucks are like the old Harley's? Sounds like I bought a monster truck that has to be babied or it will send me to the poor house. I think about mods,then I think about the shit that Chrysler put into it. Think maybe I should drive it like salesman tried to sell me a long time ago. An old preacher owned it! Life sucks when you have to pay even more to have F-U-N. AKA the rambler

These trucks are wonderful...but yes it costs to play.

There is nothing inexpensive about these monsters. But most of us knew that going in. If the cost of a quart of synthetic oil or a gallon of gas causes you concern, you may not be comfortable with this truck...if six or eight grand turns you stomach to lower your e.t. by half a second, then you may be a little unhappy...if you want to go really quickly....figure $30-$40k...

But if you just want a balls to the wall storming beast that oozes testosterone...you have the right ride.

Prof said:
These trucks are wonderful...but yes it costs to play.

There is nothing inexpensive about these monsters. But most of us knew that going in. If the cost of a quart of synthetic oil or a gallon of gas causes you concern, you may not be comfortable with this truck...if six or eight grand turns you stomach to lower your e.t. by half a second, then you may be a little unhappy...if you want to go really quickly....figure $30-$40k...

But if you just want a balls to the wall storming beast that oozes testosterone...you have the right ride.

BEAUTIFULL...:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :party:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back