engine oil cooler lines

Mine is not installed yet, but I ordered the Swivel Seal fittings.

They only come in 0, 45, and 90, so it may not be quite as ideal at the block to frame as the 60 Zcx used, but with these fittings, you don't have the -10 o-ring to -10 flare adapter - the hose end has that o-ring thread on the end and allows swivel to point your hose in the right direction. Earl's part numbers are: 840110 for 0deg, 844510 for 45 deg. With these, no 985010 necessary.

We'll see how well they work in practice, but I think I'll be OK at the block since they start the 45 deg bend closer to the block than a 45 fitting on the end of the 985010 adapter. I'll report back when installed, but it will be a while - travelling. :(

HaroldD said:
Mine is not installed yet, but I ordered the Swivel Seal fittings.

They only come in 0, 45, and 90, so it may not be quite as ideal at the block to frame as the 60 Zcx used, but with these fittings, you don't have the -10 o-ring to -10 flare adapter - the hose end has that o-ring thread on the end and allows swivel to point your hose in the right direction. Earl's part numbers are: 840110 for 0deg, 844510 for 45 deg. With these, no 985010 necessary.

We'll see how well they work in practice, but I think I'll be OK at the block since they start the 45 deg bend closer to the block than a 45 fitting on the end of the 985010 adapter. I'll report back when installed, but it will be a while - travelling. :(

THere's at least 1/2 doz ways to do this and EVERYONE should upgrade these lines (including high pressure side of steering pump). Once you pull these lines apart and realize its a single loose fit O ring that seals you just want to slap the bean counter who forced Dodge engineers to use these. For assembly no question why Dodge went with these and I suppose if the lines are under pressure the odds of them leaking are far less, however, with engine off no question these factory fittings will always be a problem with weeping/dripping and all around causing a nightmare for us anal types.

I can posts some pix of the power steering upgrade if anyone is interested. You'll need to have decent welding capability or find someone who does but still an easy backyard mechanic type of upgrade. A little playing around someone could probably figure out how to do it without welding but that was easy part for me.

Chuck - I'd be interested in pics of your power steering setup. Did you include the lines to the fan as well? Thanks in advance!

make that 2 for p/s photos

HaroldD said:
Chuck - I'd be interested in pics of your power steering setup. Did you include the lines to the fan as well? Thanks in advance!

No as the factory is using real hard line type fittings. Not quite AN quality but I found no reason to upgrade them. I've got pix of these fittings, not installed, as well so I'll include so that you and others can see the difference. Our sponsor, Avondale Dodge - Patrick in particular, spent lots of time with me going over microfiche, ordering parts in for inspection purposes and simply making this very easy for me with little to no downtime. Thanks again Patrick!

Last edited:
:rock: thats neat. yep that be feet. i only used about 3 foot. so 4 foot should do ya a good install. have not put a tape to the finished hose ass. to save ya'll a bit unless you have a project that will use about 4 foot of #10 hose.:rock:

Had to drop my truck off at Dodge this AM. Looks like my Dec 07 accident resulted in more than just a little bit of body damage.....rear end making noise. Oh well, back to the rental car. I just hope its not a Malibu again! Have some patience and I'll get pix, details posted when I get my truck back. Hey, at least I got to drive it for a couple hours :rock:

Prof said:
But if you just want a balls to the wall storming beast that oozes testosterone...you have the right ride.

:rock: :rock: :rock: i agree:rock: :rock: :rock:
these are beautiful beasts we drive :burnout: :rock:

Prof said:
These trucks are wonderful...but yes it costs to play.

But if you just want a balls to the wall storming beast that oozes testosterone...you have the right ride.

I agree with ya Prof. As long as it is oozing testosterone and not any other truck bodily fluids, i.e OIL :beer: :joyman:

howdy ya'll,
in case ya'll did not know Stinker, J T Sawyer Truckin, has the steel braided oil lines ready.:rock: :rock: :rock:

ZCx said:
ordered 7 foot of Earl's Perform O Flex hose, just in case ya know. have 4 foot left. i think the lines could be a bit shorter. just went with how the lines liked to lay. went with #10 because the stock lines showed to be 1/2 i.d. parts i used are:
2) 806110 60 degree
1) 804610 45 degree
1) 800110 straight
7') 400100 #10 hose
1) 167013 13/16 hose seperator
4) 985010 o'ring fittin
Earl's Plumbing part numbers

Where can i order it :dontknow: I can't find all the parts @ summit.
The engine oil cooler line of my truck is leaking :mad: and i need some good stuff now.
I like the stainless hose with the blue and red connectors very much. You did a great job :top:
Please let me know where i can order the parts and i hope they will ship to my home in Holland :confused:

Thanks..

Last edited:
How did that happen? The two posts above are out of sequence?

SRT/10-AMSTERDAM said:
Where can i order it :dontknow: I can't find all the parts @ summit.
The engine oil cooler line of my truck is leaking :mad: and i need some good stuff now.
I like the stainless hose with the blue and red connectors very much. You did a great job :top:
Please let me know where i can order the parts and i hope they will ship to my home in Holland :confused:

Thanks..

Tony (Stinker) has an oil line replacement kit available with everything you need to install braided oil lines.
PM him after after this weekend when he gets home after the GTG.

howdy Elwin,
yep if ya get a holt of Tony, Stinker @ J.T. Sawyer, & get his Life Time engine oil cooler lines. they are they teflon stainless steel lines. flow better & will probably out last the engine, lol.
i plan on gettin them & his stainless steel brake lines also.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Prof said:
How did that happen? The two posts above are out of sequence?

what ya talkin about Willis :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

My lines leak about one drop and a half ever 2 months.... I might have to give Stinker a call.
Prof...down a few cups of French pressed coffee:) works for me every time!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back