Engine Oil?

Opinions are not wrong, what one does with that opinion is. If the opinion is to put 30 weight, motorcycle oil, or 0w0, whatever the fuk that is, in a factory built viper, that is just as wrong as putting 75w90..... My last comment on the subject I give up.

AMEN!!!! to that brother.

Well how am I wrong. My cap says 30wt lol. And as far as the 0w0 a said race engines... When your a pravateer and only make 1hp less than the factories... That 1/4 hp counts at the AMA national level. That what zero wt does... Less oil drag. My experience overrides online articles due to the fact my word vs my situations are proven. If you live in alaska it is a different situation than if you live in Arizona.

Bumping this old disscusion.

Anyone that have used Castrol before? Thinking of buying Castrol 5w/40 since i live in Sweden.

Well I just go tmy 04 here in RI and this is where it was sold new and spent its entire life here. The oil fill cap states Mobile1 10w30 and that was what the original owner used since day one so I guess I will stay with that, from what ive read you cant go wrong with what the cap says, I will consider using the white "viper" filter, seems that is the new standard. Is anyone else using that filter??

Well I just go tmy 04 here in RI and this is where it was sold new and spent its entire life here. The oil fill cap states Mobile1 10w30 and that was what the original owner used since day one so I guess I will stay with that, from what ive read you cant go wrong with what the cap says, I will consider using the white "viper" filter, seems that is the new standard. Is anyone else using that filter??

Bought that one, going to use if after the oil change.

I use the white Viper filters. I thought I read some where that some of the 2004 trucks had 10w-30 oil caps on them. And then dodge switched what oil they liked to use in the trucks so the caps got switched to 0w-40.. Not sure if this is true but I thought I read that some where around here. :dontknow:

I use the white Viper filters. I thought I read some where that some of the 2004 trucks had 10w-30 oil caps on them. And then dodge switched what oil they liked to use in the trucks so the caps got switched to 0w-40.. Not sure if this is true but I thought I read that some where around here. :dontknow:

i have an early 04' and it said "0W-40"

Well just checked Mobile1's website and looked up my 04 and sure enough it says 0w40, so much for oil fill caps. So I guess now it's 0w40 Mobile1 and a white viper filter, with this setup what is the change interval that everyone uses? 3,000 5,000 7,500???

Well just checked Mobile1's website and looked up my 04 and sure enough it says 0w40, so much for oil fill caps. So I guess now it's 0w40 Mobile1 and a white viper filter, with this setup what is the change interval that everyone uses? 3,000 5,000 7,500???

i went a year without changing mine...course i only put about 900 miles on it:D i would change mine every 3,000 mi. just for peace of mind.

I found this quote from a thread in 2009 on engine oils. ( The reason for the different viscosity from '04 to '05 was that 0-40 was not available at the time the '04's began assembly. I went to a seminar at one of the VOI's and we were told that in the SRT engineers that were there the consensus would be to use 0-40 in all gen 3 engines. As synthetics improve they might recommend different viscosity's in the future.)
Is this true not sure, Also read a few old threads that said alot of the 2004 owner's Manuel's recommended 10w-30. I'm not starting any thing just a little trivia.

i went a year without changing mine...course i only put about 900 miles on it:D i would change mine every 3,000 mi. just for peace of mind.

lol I change the oil in my supra every 5-700 miles with mobil 1 15-50 for peace of mind.

lol I change the oil in my supra every 5-700 miles with mobil 1 15-50 for peace of mind.

I agree that you can never change your oil enough in a performance vehicle and it's cheap insurance, a lot cheaper than building the engine again.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back