Engine Swap

so if i get an 04 pcm ,,,,can i run this on my 05 and do without the knock sensor??????opps sorry kyle

If you get it running in the next couple of weeks I might still have the dyno. The guy isn't picking it up till maybe the second week of April. I have a guy from Rosebud coming to run his '68 Camaro (I can't remember his name but how many '68's are in Rosebud?) on it so I can show the guy that bought it how to operate the setup. If you can get the truck up and running bring it up and we can put it on the roller for nothing.

I have an extra 05 pcm from a RC if you need it! I can send it out to you, let me know.

Thanks for all the help guys;) Got the motor and transmission back in tonight:rock: Should get it buttoned up tomorrow and we will see if the sensor issue holds us up:dontknow:

Got a few surprises too!!:D :D

kyle's srt10 said:
Thanks for all the help guys;) Got the motor and transmission back in tonight:rock: Should get it buttoned up tomorrow and we will see if the sensor issue holds us up:dontknow:

Got a few surprises too!!:D :D

Oh my, I like suprises!!!:rock:

So sensor issue I was talking about was the crank position sensor. It's in a different location on the 05' as you can see in the pictures I posted up. Both sensors read off the same amount of notches on the flywheel for the 04' and on the crank for the 05'. I had the harness off the 05' and just cut the plug and spliced it into my 04' harness along with about 8'' extra length so it would reach. We are thinking this should work. So I will not be using the knock sesors at all.

linemup said:
Oh my, I like suprises!!!:rock:

Here's a sneak peak:D :rock:
manifolds-coated.gif

collector-after-2.gif

Last edited:
Keeping my fingers crossed to have it running tomorrow night:dontknow: :D :D

hey kyle, you still interested in the roe? I'm going back and forth on it but I'm starting to look into a house and well this aint gonna help me get there, let me know where you at on it

Nice job on the headers...I am stoked that you will be up and running again very soon.

Going back to the Roe? Did you forge the new engine?

We need a build list Kyle!

I wish I was that far along on my build. Great to see you almost got it running.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back