Evo-X

Track is located in fort sask. And no i dont have the 6 speed dual clutch sst, thats the MR. I have the 5 speed GSR and i love it.

So i went to the mitsu dealership the other day to set up an appointment to get my 3m tape re-done since its pealing and bubbling. While i was doing that the sales manager asked me if i knew if i knew the transmission on the truck was having issues. I said, "yes i told you that when you took it for a test drive" Anyways they are saying Great West Chryler just send them a bill for $8000 to fix the tranny and rear diff....even though there wasnt a thing wrong with the rear diff and the transmission just needed a new master rebuild kit.

Nice car. I have to say I gained respect for them with my sons car.
My son has a white Evo that he left with me when he went to Afghanistan last year and I modded it pretty good with parts he left for his project. I have to admit once modded those are some pretty mean cars!!! Launching 4 wheel drive was a blast too.

Since he's been home and back at Camp Pendleton he's even added an E85 tune and a few more goodies.
photo-1.jpg

So a little update. Decided to take a run down to Great West Chrysler to find out the truth. The truck was sold last week to a auction. So i talked to a sales guy, a manager, service rep and the techs that worked on the truck. Only work they did on the truck is the standard saftey inspection. They said they felt the transmission slipping in second gear and there was a work order to look into it but they never did anything.

No bill was made either. They even let me look at there records to confirm it. They told me to call AMVIC and make a claim/complaint against the dealership. So i caught northsides bullshit lies again.

And race1mopar. I bet he is loving the car as much as i am.

So a little update. Decided to take a run down to Great West Chrysler to find out the truth. The truck was sold last week to a auction. So i talked to a sales guy, a manager, service rep and the techs that worked on the truck. Only work they did on the truck is the standard saftey inspection. They said they felt the transmission slipping in second gear and there was a work order to look into it but they never did anything.

No bill was made either. They even let me look at there records to confirm it. They told me to call AMVIC and make a claim/complaint against the dealership. So i caught northsides bullshit lies again.

And race1mopar. I bet he is loving the car as much as i am.

wow, thats messed up, even for a stealership:confused:

Anyone coming out to castrol on friday. Got another mod on the car (AMS Widemouth Downpipe) And abit more weight reduction done so im hoping i can beat my 13.5 i ran, the day i got the car. Someone is possibly coming to look/buy the tires from the truck on thursday so i might either get a cold air intake or a rear sway bar and adjustable rear end links...we will see though.

Installing that dp was a bitch! Me and my buddy with a STi tried to do it in one night, even though i needed the car the next day. Took us 4 hours to get the stock pipe out (snapped a bolt off in the turbo 02 housing mount). Tried to get the new pipe on but wouldnt line up because of a bracket that we couldnt see. Gave up at mid night and got another friend to give me a hand the next day. Took the manifold and turbo right out and got it all in, car is running like a champ.

I leave for afghanistan on the 13th (car and bike go in storage on the 12th). Cant wait until i get back. Going to pay a few things off and then the rest of my tour money is mods for the car and a engagement ring for the gf.

As for the dealership bs. I been talking to AMVIC and they said they are working it out and its looking good for me. Might be a possibility of someone getting fired for trying to steal my money when i first bought the car. Also when i went in there last time there was a tech that quit a few weeks back. He was bitching a Garret (service manager). Apparent the tech quit because of he bs at the dealership. The dealership took his upcoming pay since he gave then no notice, but deducted $800 of the pay that was about to go into his bank. The reason they gave him "nothing we can do, you quit without notice, we are taking the money back" So he said "yea, hence why you are taking my upcoming pay" they said "yea we are taking that and this $800 because you fucked us over"

So i said to the guy "yea they tried to steal $440-540 from me when i first bought the evo....doesnt surprise me they are stealing from you too"

Last edited:
Back