Evo-X

ccw in black:

13.jpg

Not my style of rims.

Sold for $36,900....gotta love how they give you a number for trade in (in my case $25,000) and then jack the price up for sale. How the hell did it sell so fast, theres a Red RC with 17,000 miles on it for $30,000 at Derrick Dodge...oh well, hope the new owner buys a tranny rebuild kit cuz i dont know how long that thing is going to last.

Last edited:
Just a little update.

The truck wasnt sold to a person, it was sold to the Great West Chysler Dealership, they are selling it for $29,000. I went by to see it, they were just about to bring it into the shop to start working on it.

As for my Evo. I bought a T1R Resinated Test Pipe to get rid of the Cat. Bought it from a local member for $100 (not bad considering they are $359 online). While i went to get it from him in Calgary, i seen a Bugatti Veyron...i almost blew a load in my pants. I installed the test pipe yesterday, no power or sound difference since it goes from the factory 2.5" downpipe - 3" test pipe then to the factory 2.5" exhaust. I chucked both pipe on the scale and the factory one came in at 16.8lbs, the test pipe was 7.2lbs. So its abit more weight shedded off the car.

My next mod wont be for the car directly, but will be used on it. Going to get a GoPro camera, or one of the new ones (cant remember the name). I'll record some track events. But as for the actual car, the next mod will be a new 3" downpipe so i get the power increase.

saweet, thereis a white one around here i am thinkin about gettin, jst as a back and forth to work car. call me crazy but i love those and the wrx's. look sweet imho

Yea i first looked at a used WRX and STi, however with the negitive equity of the truck, they banks wouldnt approve me. I never thought about a brand new STi. But one day i seen a new evo at the mitsu dealership and asked to take it for a test drive. After taking it for a rip i wanted one. Banks approved me for the new car but since i had alot of negitive equity they couldnt give me the standerd 0% interest that most people get. But that doesnt really matter because i can pay the car off or at least pay a huge chunk of it next summer when i get back from over seas.

I like the interior better on the WRX/STi's, but for handling/power i like the Evo better (even though the STi's have like 14hp more)

I hope to see you at the track on the 5th!! i will try to be there.

Yea i first looked at a used WRX and STi, however with the negitive equity of the truck, they banks wouldnt approve me. I never thought about a brand new STi. But one day i seen a new evo at the mitsu dealership and asked to take it for a test drive. After taking it for a rip i wanted one. Banks approved me for the new car but since i had alot of negitive equity they couldnt give me the standerd 0% interest that most people get. But that doesnt really matter because i can pay the car off or at least pay a huge chunk of it next summer when i get back from over seas.

I like the interior better on the WRX/STi's, but for handling/power i like the Evo better (even though the STi's have like 14hp more)

yeah butthe STI's are hevier so i dont think you would feel the extr HP. i did alot of research on the 2 a couple years back. seems like they were pretty much identicle, but the one thing that stood out is that just about everyone said that the EVO was just more fun to drive.

I have always liked the look of the STI's better, but i like the newer evo's better now.

not sure on the year, but the one saw was white and bone stock. i have always liked white ith black rims. so really all i would need is some new rims and very mild performance mods for it to be fun as hell and get great MPG. i drive 45miles round trip to work everyday, and my truck get 10mpg. but i own it. So if i can get the evo at a good price and drive it to work and back, but still have my truck for moving shit and can still fit the whole family in it.

What kind of MPG you get with yours?

yeah butthe STI's are hevier so i dont think you would feel the extr HP. i did alot of research on the 2 a couple years back. seems like they were pretty much identicle, but the one thing that stood out is that just about everyone said that the EVO was just more fun to drive.

I have always liked the look of the STI's better, but i like the newer evo's better now.

not sure on the year, but the one saw was white and bone stock. i have always liked white ith black rims. so really all i would need is some new rims and very mild performance mods for it to be fun as hell and get great MPG. i drive 45miles round trip to work everyday, and my truck get 10mpg. but i own it. So if i can get the evo at a good price and drive it to work and back, but still have my truck for moving shit and can still fit the whole family in it.

What kind of MPG you get with yours?

The gas you save would probably make the payment !

In the city im getting 11.5L/100km, which is 20.4mpg (also got a lead foot..lol). And on the highway i get 9L/100km, which is 26mpg. Alot of guys complain about the mpg but coming from a SRT-10....its nothing. Costs me $55 to fill my tank and lasts about 430-450kms. Another thing i like about the Evo is, the STi can only transfer the power from the front to rear diff (depending which one has better traction). The Evo can transfer not only from front to rear, but side to side as well. Being on the streets and trying to keep it legal, i tried to get the car to loose traction/control coming around a few turns in the rain...the car just took it and kept going with no issues.

And yes hucksrt10, ill be at the track on the 5th. I wanna try and beat my 13.5 time. Which i think i will because im removing the passenger and rear seats...plus last time i had over half a tank of gas...this time ill go with less then 1/4.

Last edited:
Nice car Snakes! Have the cops hassled you over the tint yet?

Thanks and no, not at all..lol. Infact i was waiting at the londonderry mall yesterday for my friend who owns a STi, when 4 cop cars pull up and arrested 4 guys and searched their car. They never paid attention to me. I've also passed a few cops on the streets and they did nothing. I found that unless you act like a retard on the streets, cops wont bother you in Edmonton.

Thanks and no, not at all..lol. Infact i was waiting at the londonderry mall yesterday for my friend who owns a STi, when 4 cop cars pull up and arrested 4 guys and searched their car. They never paid attention to me. I've also passed a few cops on the streets and they did nothing. I found that unless you act like a retard on the streets, cops wont bother you in Edmonton.

That's good the cop's are leaving you alone. After spending the afternoon with Ronnie, I was watching out for cops all of the way home.:D

getting into trouble were we?

I been taking it easy on the streets, not saying i wasnt before. But with the small hike in the insurence rate, i want to keep a clean record so it will drop. I was paying $2700 a year ($235 a month) for the truck last year. June it dropped to $2300 ($187 a month)...but now i got the car and its up to $2800 a year ($244 a month).

Me and the gf laughed yesterday, some kid in a RX7 with a body kit that looked like it was from the fast and the furious, wanted to race me. He dropped gears and kept reving beside me. I ignored him then turned down another road. Was hoping a cop would pull him over.

You are only in trouble if you get caught!:rock::rock:

Back