Evo-X

change of plans, im not heading to the track friday. I'm gonna try and head to Stratotech on monday for Time Attack instead.

Hucksrt10, if u do head to Castrol on friday, would you mind taking a look at the state of the road course when you are there. Its to the left of the track (you will see all the construction on your return trips.

Word is its going to be a 5km~ long track and they are paving the first 2kms this year and im hoping it will be open for racing before the winter...or before i leave.

Also to any of the local guys, if u know anyone that wants to buy a nitrous wet system, i got mine for sale for $1000. Includes 2 10lb bottles (one needs the valve repaired), NMU, purge, bottle heater, bottle pressure gauge, blow down tube, brackets, window switch, wot switch, extra lines and extra fogger and a shit load of jets.

Last edited:
change of plans, im not heading to the track friday. I'm gonna try and head to Stratotech on monday for Time Attack instead.

Hucksrt10, if u do head to Castrol on friday, would you mind taking a look at the state of the road course when you are there. Its to the left of the track (you will see all the construction on your return trips.

Word is its going to be a 5km~ long track and they are paving the first 2kms this year and im hoping it will be open for racing before the winter...or before i leave.

Also to any of the local guys, if u know anyone that wants to buy a nitrous wet system, i got mine for sale for $1000. Includes
2 10lb bottles (one needs
the valve repaired), NMU, purge, bottle heater, bottle pressure gauge, blow down tube, brackets, window switch, wot switch, extra lines and extra fogger and a shit load of jets.

So they are building a road course at Castrol Raceway?? Is that correct??

yea they been "building" it for the past 5 years apparently, but finally started actually working on it. I seen the contruction going on last time i was at the strip. The guys on the straightpipe forums say they already started paving the first half (2.5kms) this year. The rest will be completed next year. However, Edmonton International announced they will be building a 3rd runway and it goes right through Castrol. So the drag strip, road course...everything will be gone....good thing is thats not happening until 2033.

Yea its going to be a nice course, if you look on google earth, u can see the layout. It also includes 2 small hills and a nice straight away to get some good speed.

Also if anyone needs rims with winter tires for their truck...let me know, still trying to get these things sold.

yea steelie rims, used the one off the spare tire and orderd the other 3 from the dealership. Tires are Goodyear Wrangler Winters, 275/55/R20's with approx 600kms...and im sure you know the bolt pattern for the rims..lol. I bought everything in January when i got back from Gagetown, they were installed by Fountain tire, then i took them off the truck in March.

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

Went to Statotech the other night for the first time. I had 3 goals.

1. Have fun and not destroy the car
2. Learn where the breaking point was for traction
3. Talked to the other guys about stock times..they said 72secs is average for a stock car/new driver. So my goal was to beat 72secs.

I completed all my goals. My best lap time was 70.3secs. Which was on my first run. My second run, one of my rear tires clipped the edge of the track and i lost traction but recoverd really quick. My 3rd run i was getting low on fuel (below 1/4) so when i hit the back stretch, shifted to 4th and got to 6000rpm...the power would cut out...so after that i called it a night.

Here are some videos...

1st Run...i think the 5th lap
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsnCxumBiOg]EvoX Time Attack Race - YouTube[/ame]

2nd run, lap 4 or 5 with the little fish tail
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o__u7S354PA]EvoX @ Stratotech - YouTube[/ame]

3rd run, lap 2.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwkhiHPEQr4]EvoX Time Attack #6 - YouTube[/ame]

Heres some pictures as well. They put all the Evo's in one group (6 EvoX's and one Evo 9)

Mine is on the left
_MG_1772.jpg

_MG_1771.jpg

Mine is the 2nd one (1E)
6084241767_276daa6ac5_b.jpg

6084788800_30d84389bf_b.jpg

So yea, i had a blast. Defently need better brakes...i wasnt even going to hard with the brakes (fluid never got to boiling point) but my brakes were smoking when i came into the pits after each run. The Evo that is in front of me in the picture where we are in the pits, he lost braking power on the track, came in and the fluid was boiling and spraying all over the place in the engine bay.

yea i was debating if i wanted that IC...its from Perrin but is like $1000...AMS's IC is 3.5" and is $750 and ETS is 4.0 and only $700...so im going with them...for an extra $100 u can have it painted black.

Also on a side note if you guys know anyone that needs winter tires/rims for their SRT-10 Ram or Ram 1500..let me know. I wanna get these tires sold before i leave for afghanistan on Oct 13th.

looks like a blast, glad you had fun and no one got hurt (very important)

that car must be a bullit, cuz it always looks slower in video and it looked pretty fast. i still want an evo x. just dont think i can do it and still put as much as i am into investments and college funds for the boys. kinda why i sold the truck.

To race at the track is $80..about $25 in gas and probably 5000km worth of tread life taken off my tires..lol. You get 3-4 runs in a night, each run is about 6-7 laps. My laps were between 70-72secs long, so i got plenty of track time...well worth it.

Yea the videos look dont do justice. Everything seems faster when you are in the car. Viper Hauler what do u mean by dct car?

Here is the full video of my first run

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC0zb4_estA[/ame]

Last edited:
can you find out if they let trucks on that track? That does look like fun!!:drool::drool::rock:

no they dont, trust me...i know. Tried to fight with them but since its considerd a go-kart track, they wont allow trucks on it. Castrols new track should be open next year and they will let trucks there.

Back