Final resting of #111, Revival of #1871

Its 1 piece, and i found one. im calling it quits for tonight, it starts right up, no issues, no trouble codes. i backed it out of the shop and into another bay, and found my pressure line off the power steering pump is bad from the accident. i need to weld the hangers back onto my magnaflow catback, get that put on, and do the brake lines and calipers. i have a well used and abused set of 03 hemi 20's to use for wheels for now. that is all thats left to do. i feel.... amazing. i havent been this happy in many years.

Its 1 piece, and i found one. im calling it quits for tonight, it starts right up, no issues, no trouble codes. i backed it out of the shop and into another bay, and found my pressure line off the power steering pump is bad from the accident. i need to weld the hangers back onto my magnaflow catback, get that put on, and do the brake lines and calipers. i have a well used and abused set of 03 hemi 20's to use for wheels for now. that is all thats left to do. i feel.... amazing. i havent been this happy in many years.

Good job homie. Can't wait to see the victory burnout vid :burnout:

Awesome too see, good luck with everything.

:rock::rock::rock:

Truck is done except for front bumper cover and replace the driveshaft. Found a driveshaft just waiting on a call to pick it up. Priced a front bumper cover from Dodge and about shat myself. Im gonna run it for a few days, get the kinks worked out then start the bodywork. Hoping to have all the bodywork done, and get enough $$ together for the other parts i really should change by March 1st. Needs P/s lines, and stainless brake lines. Finding some parts for this truck was a absolute NIGHTMARE. Apparently rear rubber brake lines are not made for them, according to Dodge. However i did find out that a Integra GSR rear rubber line works pretty well. Engine mount and trans mount i had to get from a scrapyard.

Time for a update i guess. Been driving the truck for about 1000 miles now. The ABS and brake light were always on, so i got that scanned and it was a left front ABS sensor. Fixed that. The truck is running fantastic. Having a issue in the trans with second gear, think it has a bent shift fork. For now, im going to leave it be and will pull it apart at a later time. Changed the grilles out for black honeycomb, and SRT2SLOW painted my stock headlights black for me. They turned out amazing, I recommend his services to anyone who is looking for a nice set of lights.

I took the truck for a alignment, they can't get it to track straight. Always pulls to the left. Brakes are fine, bearing is brand new. It was suggested strongly to me to get it put on a frame machine and see if it is straight. Worries me but not going to panic until i get proof from a frame machine.

Bodywork is starting in 2 weeks. Removing all the cladding, pulling the bed off, then sand sand sand. Lot of little dings to fix, lot of sanding ahead then prime hopefully in 5 days after we start. Then let it sit for a few weeks and allow the prime to shrink then sand sand some more. Hoping to have paint on it by end of feb, end of march absolute latest. Been throwing the idea of changing the color, but black is sooooo sexy when its clean.

I test fitted a downstream turbo the other night, unhappy with the results and have some major mods i will need to get it running correctly with it, so we canned the idea. Having a guy with a welder, spare turbo's and any piping you can think of, who is bored, and has a obsession with boosting vehicles can sometimes be a bad thing haha. I have a generic NX kit laying around, gonna get the specific pieces i need and run a 100 or 150 shot and leave it be. Maybe boost down the road.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back