Final resting of #111, Revival of #1871

Stanimal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As sad as this day is to me, I must admit #111 was a good solid truck. I will miss it dearly, it was a point in my life that I want to hold onto forever, but I also know we can't hold onto everything forever. Every part I removed brought back memories of my teenage self. It's amazing the things that get hidden out of sight over the years. I found papers, love notes, my first lost love's class ring. Every part making the truck slowly disappear.

Now, ONTO THE PARTY!

My father was browsing Ebay for a passenger spindle for me, as we have been discussing finding a frame and piecing #111 together slowly, as my budget is very tight right now. He found #1871 for sale, having absolutely everything but a front bumper cover and wheels. My jaw dropped. I scrambled to contact the seller, turns out he is on here. I went the next day and left a deposit. This monday I loaded 111 on the trailer to the shop i am doing the work at, and for the final time I turned her key and caressed her go pedals. Late wed night me and some friends went and loaded 1871 on the trailer, dropped it at the shop, and went home for a good night sleep. On thanksgiving my work began, and this is my progress so far....

Attachments

• IMG_20131128_161033_148.jpg
    IMG_20131128_161033_148.jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20131128_235351_199.jpg
    IMG_20131128_235351_199.jpg
    980.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20131128_182121_745.jpg
    IMG_20131128_182121_745.jpg
    794.7 KB · Views: 232
Awesome! I can't wait to see this thing get done.

yep:rock:

hope everything goes smooth on the rebirth:rock::rock::rock::rock:

The seats, pedal assembly, center console, passenger air bag switch, and steering column were removed from the interior by the man i bought it from. Some of the dash plastics were gouged pretty bad as well, so i moved my interior pieces over. All that is needed at this point is the center console, which I can not put in until the trans and shifter is in. Under the hood, the engine, trans, and driveshaft were also removed by previous owner. Fuse box was removed. THANK GOD he left me the trans crossmember, because as you all will see in pictures later, mine was bent extremely bad in the accident. The fuel line was cut, which means i will have to remove 111's gas tank and move the hard line to 1871. The a/c evap canister was also cut, so I made my Ex clean 111's and installed that already. The engine bay has to be power washed and degreased before i can install the engine, but other then that, its motor trans plug in some wires and push the red button :D

Attachments

• IMG_20131128_214801_158.jpg
    IMG_20131128_214801_158.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20131128_215541_031.jpg
    IMG_20131128_215541_031.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20131128_235437_213.jpg
    IMG_20131128_235437_213.jpg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 173
The seats, pedal assembly, center console, passenger air bag switch, and steering column were removed from the interior by the man i bought it from. Some of the dash plastics were gouged pretty bad as well, so i moved my interior pieces over. All that is needed at this point is the center console, which I can not put in until the trans and shifter is in. Under the hood, the engine, trans, and driveshaft were also removed by previous owner. Fuse box was removed. THANK GOD he left me the trans crossmember, because as you all will see in pictures later, mine was bent extremely bad in the accident. The fuel line was cut, which means i will have to remove 111's gas tank and move the hard line to 1871. The a/c evap canister was also cut, so I made my Ex clean 111's and installed that already. The engine bay has to be power washed and degreased before i can install the engine, but other then that, its motor trans plug in some wires and push the red button :D

Congrats on building a truck from 2 bro. That's no easy feat but its nice to know instead of losing two trucks, one was rebuilt. Congrats and lemme know I can help you with any factory parts you may need. :D

cool man and glad to see you around. havent talked to you in forever :)

Ill be stripping #111 to bare bones. Bed is in pretty good shape, interior that is left and i didnt need is in perfect condition. I cleaned the interior every few months and it was still airtight so no water got in. Cab is good, pass door is 8/10. Rear will also be for sale. Most of front susp, im sure there is a bunch im forgetting.

Now, onto the kicker. It is common knowledge that the SRT wings always survive, however, I must be extra lucky because mine... Did... Not. Thats right. It somehow, some way, MELTED in the center. Do no ask me how, or why, but its toast.

Red, its good to be back. And yeah its been awhile. Working my ass off trying to support my home on only my income now. Going from 2 incomes to 1 overnight is not much fun.

Good to see you salvaging the truck!:rock: I remember almost buying #111 from you years ago:D

I couldnt stand to part with it, or part it out. Many times my friends urged me to dump the driveline in a dakota, one friend even offered to give me the dakota to do it. Its hard just seeing it in pieces haha. Normally in math 1+1=2, but in my case 1+1=1 haha

capt insano says hi.

capt insano likes that you will have a truck again

capt insano shows no mercy

Last edited:
Im glad that you are building the truck up.

That's awesome. Make sure to clean up the engine bay all nice!

This is also the perfect time to tuck some of the engine bay wiring/ hoses too.

Looking good bro, glad I could help you get back in a 10, you know I felt bad parting her but it's great to see you building it back better then before! Good luck with the build

engine/trans in. all hoses and wires hooked up except starter, batt and fuse box. needs fuel lines changed, pass inner fender, exhaust, and brake lines then its ready to go. should be finished by tomorrow night. pics soon :)

Well, shes just about done. swap brake lines and calipers and bolt the wheels on. bad news tho, driver side engine mount is slightly bent, which i can live with. just made getting the trans mount on a little difficult. what screws me is the driveshaft is slightly bent somewhere, because as i turn it i can watch my axle twist slightly. i know damn well if i run it like that it will either fuck my trans or my rear up. im so pissed, did all this work to get fucked like this. i paid a shop to go over every inch of the truck and tell me every bolt that was bad. they said they pulled the driveshaft and it was straight, well apparently not.

i might get lucky and source a driveshaft, and if i do ill be set. she purs like a kitten. still need to get a front bumper cover and a good set of wheels, but it'll be driveable and make me feel better. pics soon, i promise.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back