finished my roe install, record time J/K

Any shop can do a leak down test...doesn't have to be a Viper facility.

A little too windy...water was really rough until the last day...but the sun was shining and the stores had lots of Corona...spent most of the week by myself just reading and loving the warmth and sunshine.

Got a chance to work on the boat a little, do some minor plumbing, and eat lots of fresh fish.

One of the renters made some beer and I really enjoyed the heavy malt flavor...maybe we need a beer review thread???

Elliott, one of the things Sean will say is to be sure you go to a thicker oil if the misting is a problem...before he sold his Ram SRT 10 he had changed to 15w40 to avoid some of the misting problem.

Roy

Prof said:
Elliott, one of the things Sean will say is to be sure you go to a thicker oil if the misting is a problem...before he sold his Ram SRT 10 he had changed to 15w40 to avoid some of the misting problem.

Roy

i just got a case of 15w40 royal purple friday.. im gonna change it beffore i drive it, im also waiting on a catch can so i can fab my own system..im also looking at going forged..

hemifever said:
Were you dyno tuning this weekend? If so, what were the dyno #'s?

shane i was going back to national speed, george is awesome there. i didnt end up going b/c i wanted to get oil problem fixed or at least contained first... have you tuned a roe with the sct yet?

perk_1405im also looking at going forged..[/QUOTE said:
You are sooooooooooooooo close to Underground Racing! Tell them Stinker sent you!

Roy

Well, that doesn't sound as bad as it did at first. We use a CHM polished catch can here with a drain on the sump of it, K&N on the top of it. Very affordable too at $45.

im out of town working now but my catch can was delivered to my house yesterday and when i get home on friday i have go to my rehersal dinner, then im getting married on sat (my birthday) then leaving that evening on a cruse for 7days... needless to say i wont be working on it for a few days:( . but as soon as i have a chance to get something done on the truck ill holla.:D

how you been kyle?

perk_1405 said:
im out of town working now but my catch can was delivered to my house yesterday and when i get home on friday i have go to my rehersal dinner, then im getting married on sat (my birthday) then leaving that evening on a cruse for 7days... needless to say i wont be working on it for a few days:( . but as soon as i have a chance to get something done on the truck ill holla.:D

how you been kyle?

I didn't know that:dontknow: CONGRATS:rock: I am getting married June 7th 06/07/08 can't forget that:D Then going to Cancun for 8 days:rock: We are up to our necks in wedding stuff right now:(

im having trouble with my valve cover gaskets leaking, dont know if its from the roe. me and stinker are working on something for it ive got xmetal covers now with the breathers on both sides. i also got justins catch can that im gonna be putting on shortly. hopefully that will take care of it. roy did you ever get yours installed? have fun down south, my mom and dad just left from down there. he sent me some tuna that he caught one day.

eddie102870 said:
im having trouble with my valve cover gaskets leaking, dont know if its from the roe. me and stinker are working on something for it ive got xmetal covers now with the breathers on both sides. i also got justins catch can that im gonna be putting on shortly. hopefully that will take care of it. roy did you ever get yours installed? have fun down south, my mom and dad just left from down there. he sent me some tuna that he caught one day.

The pressure in a normally aspirated Viper engine causes problems...there are no real lower engine pressure relief opportunities. Stinker has addressed the problem by providing bottom end pressure relief.

I am no expert but by observing and listening to the issues many of us have I do have a theory. Because the pressure from the Roe is constant as opposed to the Paxton, this complicates the normal pressure problem that a lot of chrysler engines experience. If you are experienceing leaking gasket problems I would guess it is due to the constant pressure in your upper valve area. This may be due to blow-by at one or more of the pistons. I have been recommending to all the following:

1. Prior to the Roe Install, do a leak-down test and a compression check on all cylinders.

2. If there is indication of a problem, resolve the problem prior to the Roe install. The Roe does not cause the problem, the problem just becomes evident when the Roe forces air into the engine continiously.

3. My theory is that the stock piston domes are just too thin to dissapate the heat before it gets to the piston rings. I am convinced that the piston rings of many of our engines are a little deformed due to the inadequate amount of metal in the piston domes.

4. My solution is to go to forged pistons. (Forged everything while at it, for that matter.)

Now I am one of the least sophisticated engine people on this site...so take everything I say with a grain of salt. But that is where my analysis has led me. I have yet to find a person with forged internals with blow-by problems.

And I am willing to bet that 8 of 10 stock engines will show some decreased performance due to blow-by if they do a leak-down test. Take a look at a set of diamond forged pistons and set it next to a stock piston from our engines. The difference in the piston dome is stark! There is much more metal to protect the ring from any heat damage...IMHO.

Elliott, what's the story with your truck:dontknow: Haven't seen you posting in awhile:D Hows married live treatin ya:confused: :p

kyle married life is no different so far. as for the truck i dont drive it much but i took it down to the best dyno shop in wilm. and got them to order the roe tunning software so they could tune it, but i havent got it tuned yet. i did make a pull ont the dyno just tho see and it made 603whp. with no tune it was running lean i cant remimber the numbers but as soon as they get the software im getting it diled in. im gonna get sean to help tune it via the internet, while we are making the runs here, in nc.. hows your wife and married life?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back