First run at the track!

Troy's QC SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did my first runs at the track tonight at Screven Motor Speedway. It was windy out today all day so the track prep was horrible, first run out a 2nd Gen Camaro crashed! All of big HP guys left after making one "easy" pass all saying the same thing about the track tonight. I'm no pro but I could barely get my DR's to hook without feathering it out the hole which significantly showed on my 60ft times..... Let me get some decent traction and I think i'll do pretty good :rock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEhYjPp2MUk]YouTube - SRT-10 1/8th Run 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_fPQgHVAtE&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - SRT-10 1/8th Run 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxJ_mxceu_Y]YouTube - SRT-10 1/8th Run 3[/ame]

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

Last edited:
Oh and I must say alot of thanks to Phxpoolguy, Jay, Steve and Venomous1 for all the help! I know with alittle better traction off the line I will be well within my goal!

Oh and I must say alot of thanks to Phxpoolguy, Jay, Steve and Venomous1 for all the help! I know with alittle better traction off the line I will be well within my goal!

You just need to play around with DR's a little more. Check out my repsonse over at VOTW

Sounded great Troy! What were your 1/8 times? You gotta find a1/4 mile track bro. Twice the fun! Think my 1/8 was 8.75@85 being my best. I think.....

ScrevenApril162011.jpg

Here's all 6 of my time slips posted
Run 1: street tires, street pressure, didnt stall just feathered it out the hole spinning all the way through 2nd!
Run 2: lowered the street tires to 14 psi, got alot better traction but still spinning hard!
Run 3: Tried stalling, didn't work!
Run 4: First run on DR's testing it out
Run 5: tried stalling at 1500 rpm...spun alot out the hole
Run 6: Hotlapped but got alot better, stalled to 1200 rpm and launched halfway decent, best run and last run of the night

Next time I go I know exactly what to do/try and will do alot better!

Sounds like you had fun, now you just need to find a good 1/4 track and get those 60 ft times in the 1.7-1.8 range. Track was terrible here also but these M&H slicks hook up like a mofo.

What's up with those reaction times Troy, you taking a nap at the tree? Lol

Lol yea pretty much! I really wasn't focusing on the tree that much,morely on my rpm! Launching on the green instead of the last yellow light.... but don't worry when the time comes my reaction time will be good enough ;)

Bad track prep will ruin the day in a hurry, its good you got some passes in, just wait till you get that thing on a good track and you'll really be happy.

Bro. Those two 8.3's are damn good times N/A!!!!:rock:

Bro. Those two 8.3's are damn good times N/A!!!!:rock:

Thanks a lot Steve....next time I'm leaving Melisa at the house so I can focus and. Ill stay longer.....it had a lower 8.3 maybe even a high 8.2...I'm sure of it ;)

Thanks alot Jack....High 7's i don't know but i know i could do better than i did on a better track! But this was my first time out....im still trying to learn...next time i'll do better ;)

Have friends that bring their wives or girlfriends to the track and almost always regret it. Usually they want to leave early just when the temps are dropping and the staging lanes are getting shorter.

Have friends that bring their wives or girlfriends to the track and almost always regret it. Usually they want to leave early just when the temps are dropping and the staging lanes are getting shorter.

exactly what happened :(

You have an auto, how hard and it be :dontknow: :aetsch:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back