First run at the track!

Y'all dont give the old fart that much credit. His damn head gonna get a swolled up. :argh::D

Y'all dont give the old fart that much credit. His damn head gonna get a swolled up. :argh::D

Though he already had a big head? Isn't he the Walrus looking dude with big ass head in some of the front page pics?:dontknow::marchmellow:

Yup! We luv our Aunt-sisters, ooops..... I mean Incestors...errr..........I meant Ancestors, yeah that's it.:D:p

Looks like you had fun Troy.
Drop the DRs to 16 pounds (but be careful on the top-end of a 1/4 mile run, they can get a little wavey); and keep working on that launch technique.
Are- you racing with that 97 pound spare tire?

Last edited:
Looks like you had fun Troy.
Drop the DRs to 16 pounds (but be careful on the top-end of a 1/4 mile run, they can get a little wavey); and keep working on that launch technique.
Are you racing with that 97 pound spare tire?

I'll try 16 lbs next time Ronnie and yea dropping my street tires to 14 lbs showed me wavy! But no, my truck didn't come with the spare:( but everything else was in the truck as in street trim

Yeah I think he is as well as I Ronnie. I've been so tempted to remove it for runs but was wanting kind of a street trim time. But..........
This lard assed truck needs to go on "Biggest Loser" and shed some serious pounds. I'd like to be at 48-5000. RC weight with weight removal.
The damn tailgate has to be around 100 lbs as well if the spare is basically 100?
Back seat and speaker 40-50lbs?
Carpet and padding in rear 40lbs?if it's 2 pieces already,I'll remove the back half. I have certified scales at work to measure parts. I'll get a baseline on the truck soon;)

Yeah I think he is as well as I Ronnie. I've been so tempted to remove it for runs but was wanting kind of a street trim time. But..........
This lard assed truck needs to go on "Biggest Loser" and shed some serious pounds. I'd like to be at 48-5000. RC weight with weight removal.
The damn tailgate has to be around 100 lbs as well if the spare is basically 100?
Carpet and padding in rear 40lbs?if it's 2 pieces already,I'll remove the back half. I have certified scales at work to measure parts. I'll get a baseline on the truck soon;)

Yea I would remove stuff but I don't want to remove anything that I would need or comfort items like seats or any of that stuff...... I'm serious but not that serious
Next time I might try removing the tailgate and wing but I think that would be about it

The tailgate is 66 pounds (if I remember right) but I always run with mine in. And yes that 20" spare on the steel wheel really is 97 pounds! I'm at 5610 pounds, race weight..

The QCs are 400 pounds heavier than the RCs.

Trainman knows all the weights of each piece of these trucks.

Last edited:
I'll try 16 lbs next time Ronnie and yea dropping my street tires to 14 lbs showed me wavy! But no, my truck didn't come with the spare:( but everything else was in the truck as in street trim

That solves it for me Troy! That 100lbs makes you that 2/10s quicker.;):D

Fatjack..... Dont take me wrong either, got mad respect for ya bud and never met ya. But.......unfortunately I may be a whippersnapper to you, but few others on here:( got the greys to prove it when my permanant marker
Misses spots,lol.)

I'm mid life crisis material mane!

I'm never getting that serious either Troy, but unboltable stuff I may rid like the front/rear seat,tailgate,and spare. Been wingless for a few months,lost the bolts,lmfao.

Yea I want to see what I can run her consistently before I start shaving weight that way I know what does what as far as trimming down tenths

Yea I want to see what I can run her consistently before I start shaving weight that way I know what does what as far as trimming down tenths

You can use the rule of 10s as a guide Troy. A 100 pound loss will drop your e.t. by 1 tenth and you will gain 1 m.p.h. in trap speed (1/4 mile).

Or, if you are racing someone that is 1000 pounds lighter than you, you need to have 100 horsepower more than they do just to be to be competitive and break even in the power-to-weight department..I hope that last one makes sense.. :)

Again, a guide.

Last edited:
Tailgate weighs 60 lbs. Fiberglass bed cover weighs 120 lbs. Passenger seat in an 04 RC weighs 47 lbs, subwoofer weighs 14 lbs, package tray behind seats is 10.5 lbs, front sway bar 26.5 lbs. The back seat of a QC should outweigh the passenger seat of a RC. The passenger seat in an 04 is manual adj. I'm not sure if 05 and 06 have a power seat on the passenger side.

Yup, mine does:(
As well as side curtain air bags. What do the front/rear bumper reinforcements weigh by chance? I'd say rear sway is 20ish after recently putting one on. Forgot that was like giving cake to a fat kid,lol. More weight added.
Hmmm, bet this center console weighs a ton?
I may do a temporary "unboltable" lightening just to see how much i can get her down to.
Where's that Jenny Craig Biatch,:p

Last edited:
Tailgate weighs 60 lbs. Fiberglass bed cover weighs 120 lbs. Passenger seat in an 04 RC weighs 47 lbs, subwoofer weighs 14 lbs, package tray behind seats is 10.5 lbs, front sway bar 26.5 lbs. The back seat of a QC should outweigh the passenger seat of a RC. The passenger seat in an 04 is manual adj. I'm not sure if 05 and 06 have a power seat on the passenger side.

Or leave all that stuff right where it is and buy Strikers..:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back