Floor jacks

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of Jack do you own ? Im looking at a new floor Jack but don’t need a 4 ton like I have now . Several different styles I’ve seen ! Which would you recommend, pros and cons .. thanks in advance .the styles I’m lookin at in pics below :::
The craftsman is the one I own now and has become as close to worthless as possible .. everything has been discounted and no longer available from anywhere according to Sears .

IMG_0422.jpeg IMG_0421.jpeg

If my opinion counts i like choice two

These - Walker

old skool lol

Attachments

• D30B6523-44BA-441E-AD0E-E2E386064DEF.png
    D30B6523-44BA-441E-AD0E-E2E386064DEF.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 8B160E02-B676-4F3C-8318-DF81D0DDBC59.jpeg
    8B160E02-B676-4F3C-8318-DF81D0DDBC59.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 4
If my opinion counts i like choice two
Bit choice 2 is the one I have that’s discontinued and parts not available.. So I guess I need to buy something similar to that .. I also think a 3 ton instead of the 4 ton is more than sufficient for working on the trucks .. the only problem is ,, I’m won’t be using it enough to justify the cost of models like that one and was looking at the cheaper 3 ton types at Home Depot , Walmart for less than $100 . Just not sure if those will go high enough to raise the truck especially at the frame of the truck ..

I've only used a Jack once in my life hahah! Circa 1976 - bumper Jack side of road!! Jacks scare me

eBay walker mechanical

Harbor Freight Daytona series are very, very, good floor jacks. Different models depending what you're looking for.

I've only used a Jack once in my life hahah! Circa 1976 - bumper Jack side of road!! Jacks scare me
Those things are dangerous and only for emergencies .

Harbor Freight Daytona series are very, very, good floor jacks. Different models depending what you're looking for.
Thanks @_JB_ … what Daytona model do you have … my broken one has a height lift of 18 1/4 which appears to be prefect for lifting the truck from the frame . I have no idea what a minimum height lift will work on the trucks ( mine QC truck is not lowered ) . I’m guessing that a 2 or possibly 3 ton Jack would also be sufficient considering there not used to lift the entire Truck . I’m going the cheapest most capable route since I know I won’t be using it hardly at all !

Thanks @_JB_ … what Daytona model do you have … my broken one has a height lift of 18 1/4 which appears to be prefect for lifting the truck from the frame . I have no idea what a minimum height lift will work on the trucks ( mine QC truck is not lowered ) . I’m guessing that a 2 or possibly 3 ton Jack would also be sufficient considering there not used to lift the entire Truck . I’m going the cheapest most capable route since I know I won’t be using it hardly at all !

I have the long reach, low profile version because all my cars are lowered and it actually lifts higher than any of the other models.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton...al-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-blue-56641.html

Some day I'll have a garage tall enough for a lift.
Wish I bought a house I was looking at about 30 years ago ! Had a secondary build the had 2 levels . Upstairs was a big loft and storage area . The ground floor was basically a garage that could have fit at least 10 cars ! The main house was a decent house that was about the same size and all was on a 3/4 acre lot .. with a pond in the back . The asking price was a little over 400k back then .It was a little further out than I wanted to live at the time .. HIND SIGHT SUCKS !

Well it has arrived , actually went to harbor freight and checked them all out .. Nice selection big price differences . Opted for the Pittsburg 3 ton rapid lift ,which has a max lift height of 18 1/4 inches . Appears to be solid and well built. Cost was 149.79 out the door.
Soon the test and work can begin again !IMG_0430.jpeg

Now if I can just find a rebuild kit or possibly the parts of the rebuild kit for the craftsman 4 ton ,,,, nothing but a seal or 2 , O-rings , Plastid spilt washers and maybe a few check balls I can fix the damn thing … no idea what the sizes of those things are or if they will do the trick ..

How the hell hard is it to find a damn carb float bowl gasket for a damn pressure washer hahaha ! Been to 4 local places and nope , NADA nothing . Hopefully the last 3 places I can think of within 10 miles of my home will have one ,, make that 2 , I want a spare hahaha !

Well it has arrived , actually went to harbor freight and checked them all out .. Nice selection big price differences . Opted for the Pittsburg 3 ton rapid lift ,which has a max lift height of 18 1/4 inches . Appears to be solid and well built. Cost was 149.79 out the door.
Soon the test and work can begin again !View attachment 65809

Now if I can just find a rebuild kit or possibly the parts of the rebuild kit for the craftsman 4 ton ,,,, nothing but a seal or 2 , O-rings , Plastid spilt washers and maybe a few check balls I can fix the damn thing … no idea what the sizes of those things are or if they will do the trick ..
Good going!

Good going!
Not to sure about that ,, the Jack is great , so I decided to pull and cleanup one of the wheels , it turned out decent inside and out .. same one I cleaned the other day .. but when I jacked up the truck and decided to do the wiggle test for suspension tightness ,,, blah blah Toe rod needs replacement ,, I a few minutes ago decided to Jack up the other front wheel to wiggle test it and low and behold another bad tie Rod end hahahaha ! Damn Jack is beginning to make me spend more money.. so I sprayed them both with the Lucas nut buster and now checking Rock auto for the parts . Also sprayed the rusted out wing bolts ,, hopefully I find some way to get them out .. diddle Dee dumb diddly do ! At least the front brake pads with 100k miles look like they have no wear at all on the passenger side ,, haven’t checked the driver side yet .. but that really seems odd for them to have that much pad on them .

Good grief! Once you get all this done you will be caught up on maintenance!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back