FOR SALE: 1960 CHEVY PICKUP APACHE 10 1/2 TON

you said you have a 70 buick is it a skylark???? and do you still have it shoot me a p.m if you do

Wifey said:
Thanks Tim, did ya like my play on the word plethora :dontknow: :D ;)

Yes, I did notice that...... Neither did the alliterative go unnoticed....

Personally, I would have used a more pictorial word like "cornucopia".. It gives one the impression of a seemingly endless supply of parts spilling out onto the marketplace......

"Plethora" is a good word, no doubt.... But it kind'a lost its luster for me when El Guapo used it in "The Three Amigos".....:dontknow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6E682C7Jj4

(Editor's note) As an afterthought, I must say that if the writer had the opportunity and resources to employ a quadruple alliterative form, such as: "A proverbial plethora of perfect parts", I believe that the temptation to use "plethora" could prove to be irresistable....... to any sane person, that is. :D

D

Last edited:
wifey...Pomona swapmeet will be your best bet to unload that beast and get rid of alot of your parts... Its a very desireable truck to some folks

ctsrt10 said:
you said you have a 70 buick is it a skylark???? and do you still have it shoot me a p.m if you do

It was an 2 door Electra 225 with a 455 wildcat, gone now:(

I'll bet you are looking for that little aluminum Nail Head engine :dontknow: ;)

Wifey said:
It was an 2 door Electra 225 with a 455 wildcat, gone now:(

I'll bet you are looking for that little aluminum Nail Head engine :dontknow: ;)

where they aluminum in 70? I have 72 225 455 engine that i'm going thru to throw in my dads 65 skylark

FerrariTruck said:
wifey...Pomona swapmeet will be your best bet to unload that beast and get rid of alot of your parts... Its a very desireable truck to some folks

If it comes to that, we will.:D Just getting to old to pack all that stuff up and go down the hill to Pomona (only about 40 min. away though) Gonna try Craig's list, Auto Trader, and Flea bay first. :D ;) Most likely just out in the the front yard for sale as we have about 15,000 cars per day pass by. ;)

Last edited:
FerrariTruck said:
where they aluminum in 70? I have 72 225 455 engine that i'm going thru to throw in my dads 65 skylark

Make sure to check the heads out on that 455 as they crack a lot if overheated :eek:

They also had a small aluminum block v-8 that lot's of folks like to swap into whatever. It is smaller than a v-6, but had 225 HP with a single 4bbl carb.
It can really put out the HP with a few mods. Cute little engine, almost looks like 1/2 scale compared to the 455 :D

Denise I understand how this is. A few years ago I had to sell my Grandfather's 1969 Dodge D100 pick up truck. It had 10,800 miles on it, but I could not keep it.

I wish you and Jerry all the best.

Bill.

Begood said:
Denise I understand how this is. A few years ago I had to sell my Grandfather's 1969 Dodge D100 pick up truck. It had 10,800 miles on it, but I could not keep it.

I wish you and Jerry all the best.

Bill.

Thank you Bill, it's a first for us. I think I may be sick if someone actually buys it and I know I will be sick if someone doesn't - so either way, it isn't a real warm fuzzy feeling, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do ....

Hope you and Turtle are well :D

Wifey said:
Thank you Bill, it's a first for us. I think I may be sick if someone actually buys it and I know I will be sick if someone doesn't - so either way, it isn't a real warm fuzzy feeling, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do ....

Hope you and Turtle are well :D
Thank you D. Alex is still in some pain (and I mean other than me:D ), but once her surgery is done and over she should be feeling much better.

Bill.

Think I would have any luck on Craig's list or Autotrader??? :dontknow: Never done those before ............

Wifey said:
Make sure to check the heads out on that 455 as they crack a lot if overheated :eek:

They also had a small aluminum block v-8 that lot's of folks like to swap into whatever. It is smaller than a v-6, but had 225 HP with a single 4bbl carb.
It can really put out the HP with a few mods. Cute little engine, almost looks like 1/2 scale compared to the 455 :D
no i was looking for and extra 455 block for a spare i have a 70 skylark gsx with a stick. you also have to watch the oil pump gear i wear into the block

Whitesnake said:
if the truck was a short bed i would of taken it!

If it were a short bed........well we would be selling the 69 instead;)

Went on our honeymoon in my 60 shortbed:D brother has it now:(

ctsrt10 said:
no i was looking for and extra 455 block for a spare i have a 70 skylark gsx with a stick. you also have to watch the oil pump gear i wear into the block

Will keep an eye out for ya:rock: :D

SrtBrad said:
Congrats on the sale. What did she go for.
$3500 with all the NIB OEM parts

You Canadian Pinko:D :D :D Do ya work for the Inquirer:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back