forged pistons and rods

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
just want to judge interest here .

I can get us oliver rods, and JE pistons hopefully , and less than retail

but you guys know I try to be as honest as possible , and to get a deal with oliver rods, there is a $5000 buy in, and I jsut cant afford that at the moment.

so in order to I can do this, a oliver rod, and Je pistons good for any hp you can make , reasonable FSTJACK:p

but will need 5 committed buyers

the amount would be $2600 for the rod and piston combo, it would take a few weeks to get them due to the custom pistons, I think three weeks on the pistons, and I think the same on the rods.

the Pistons retail for $1200, the rods for $1852 total $3052 so basically a $400 savings.

guys let me know , and I will proceed.

thanks

Stinker said:
just want to judge interest here .

I can get us oliver rods, and JE pistons hopefully , and less than retail

but you guys know I try to be as honest as possible , and to get a deal with oliver rods, there is a $5000 buy in, and I jsut cant afford that at the moment.

so in order to I can do this, a oliver rod, and Je pistons good for any hp you can make , reasonable FSTJACK:p

but will need 5 committed buyers

the amount would be $2600 for the rod and piston combo, it would take a few weeks to get them due to the custom pistons, I think three weeks on the pistons, and I think the same on the rods.

the Pistons retail for $1200, the rods for $1852 total $3052 so basically a $400 savings.

guys let me know , and I will proceed.

thanks

i don't have a problem with oliver rods, heard good things......
i've also heard bad things about diamond pistons, but don't know anything about JE pistons, please enlighten me........:eek:

tony, what about those pistons you're running in your truck ?

Last edited:
What's the time frame Tony:dontknow: Sounds like a deal to me:rock: If you can give me a few weeks;) I am going FORGED for sure:D

If I didn't buy the dragster I would be all over it. Still might just need to open the wallet and see <:flybye: :embarassed: momma took some:argh: dont close the deal without letin me know stink.

Hey Stinker, I hate to complicate matters but can we get the pistons coated? What would be the additional charge? Billet mains? What about a complete kit, bearings, gaskets, etc.

blackviper said:
Hey Stinker, I hate to complicate matters but can we get the pistons coated? What would be the additional charge? Billet mains? What about a complete kit, bearings, gaskets, etc.

Now George lets not make this to hard on the stink man:D :D

sorry guys had to take a break:( my head is about the size of texas with a major tumor:D

ok, time frame, if we can get enough folks then I think it should take about 3-4 weeks. the JE company told me it takes them a couple weeks to cut the pistons, the guys at oliver ar just freaking awesome to deal with:rock:
give me all kinds of specs:rock:

This is almost the same set up that mine is minus the pistons, I actually use the wiesco, and why go with JE?
Well basically price and performance, plus they have the pattern allready in the computer to do the pistons.

Blackviper, I have a guy in your area to do all you need sir;) coating , assembly , mains and all, he is actually the one I am awaitin a quote on.

The reason i called and talked with oliver is there history with the viper engines.
Plus with the rods, I can get them two ways basically, I need to talk with him again to be absolutly sure fo this tho.

But this is the big plus here ok? so listen close, and ask questions , if I dont knwo then I will find out tommorrow.

the rod is almost the same spec as a chevy rod, the pin size is .927, which in fact is about the same as a chevy piston,
Why do it this way?
bascially because nobody makes a decent rod that is drop in fo rthe viper motor that takes the massive hp these engines can dish out, so if in the unfortunate event something does happen , and you need another rod or piston, then you are not buying a custom high dollar single unit.It will basically an off the shelf unit, slightly modified to work in the viper engines.

I need to double check on this but from my understanding, the crank will need to be turned to 2100 to fit this rod, but he can do the rod also as a drop in deal , which means no balancing needed, but there is like a $100 difference in those.

with this rod and piston combination you have basically inlimited hp performance.

I did get a phone call from a member saying he was in on the deal, so that makes one.:D

I feel like i am jsut rambling:D so hopefully yuns can make something of this:eek:

Stinker- I am still a new member but would love to get in on this deal! I have already called you and left my #. I guess this set up would be a direct replacement for the 8.3L? My truck is on jack stands now and already has the tranny out and rebuilt for some power. I really need to start sharing my build as I have picked up some good info on this site!

SNAKEGUTS said:
Stinker- I am still a new member but would love to get in on this deal! I have already called you and left my #. I guess this set up would be a direct replacement for the 8.3L? My truck is on jack stands now and already has the tranny out and rebuilt for some power. I really need to start sharing my build as I have picked up some good info on this site!

Hey bud! , yep jsut got back in the shop, and got ya call, :rock:

From the looks of it, I should be able to get them as a drop in unit, but in honesty, I would have the engine balanced;)

I was kinda hoping to wait until winter to start forging my internals. I'm interested, but I gotta be honest, it'll be minimum 1 month till I can afford it. I made the mistake of buying a new toy yesterday (Can-Am Renegade 500), gotta pick it up friday. I haven't really heard too much about JE pistons. Anyone have opinions or heard anything about them? What kinda compression are they offering? Include heavy duty wrist pins? Are Olivers I-beam or H-beam? Would also be curious about dome/skirt/rod coatings as well.

Awsome! Thanks for the respond. I am in and will have to call ya if this thing goes through! I knew this site rocked! Let me tell ya man, I read this site almost everyday and feel like I know most of the members who are on here. I really need to get my a$$ in gear and start makin some posts. Thanks again!

SNAKEGUTS said:
Awsome! Thanks for the respond. I am in and will have to call ya if this thing goes through! I knew this site rocked! Let me tell ya man, I read this site almost everyday and feel like I know most of the members who are on here. I really need to get my a$$ in gear and start makin some posts. Thanks again!

LOLOLOL I am about a few hours from ya bro:rock: down below hickory nc:D your up near raleigh?

you need to try to make it to the panama GTG:rock:

what I am going to do also is talk with the engine builder, get a price from him, so that if we buy the pistons an rods, how much he will charge as far as a assembly charge, and if needed I will try to find builders in the are of where you are at that deals with the viper engines, I know of a couple in the houston area, and florida.And there is a few in california.

If i could ask please, could i get a list of all that "may" be interested, actually doing the numbers I think it would only take 4 to get the deal with oliver, I am allready in the process with JE, so will try to find out about them tommorrow.

now too, If I remember correctly( man this guy rattled off so much information:D ), but the superlite rods are the ones that are close to our stock rods, and good for about 1000hp, and are basically a drop in rod, to be a drop in he would have to modify the crank bearing end to fit the standard crank , but then you are adding expense, the best thing to do is go with the standard rod they have, and have you crank turned to fit, since you are going to need to have it trued to be sure it is perfect.

the list
Snakeguts
faslane 505

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back