Gen 3 intake manifolds

I'll be honest here and hopefully Scott doesn't take me out behind the shed and horse whip me

I've never given two shits about dyno numbers. I've learned (or maybe understood) that for every dyno that is out there you will get or can get different results. Some base on dyno style, maker, operator, setup and the list goes one. From what I've experienced, operator of the dyno has the greatest influence over the results. Not everyone races there truck, so track results is out of the question and the dyno becomes god, those who race, the track is god, but is it a well prepared track or a crappy track, high altitude or sea level. Again, the circumstances and conditions, to varied to really rely on.

So for those that don't race, it comes down to dyno results

For those that race, it comes down to timeslips

Both will be disappointed they didn't get more

Totally agree....you would think with this knowledge one would find it silly to claim HP gains on parts( especially with all the knowledge our venders have)...

Last edited:
Once again, please ho up another thread. This thread is about raw, stock, factory Gen 3 intakes so please keep it on track. Just so there's no confusion :)

SRT Brad you are not comparing apples to apples ,Trainmans intake was a one of a kind port job and his numbers should not be used for a gasket matched runners ,his was extrude honed if I remember correctly .

Incorrect, I had the idea for an extrude honed intake when I talked to DC Performance, but Dan (of DC Perf.) contacted Form and Function Performance and they did a full Hand porting Job on the intake (the first one they had done). So apples to apples. Those numbers are with the factory TB. After that I tested the BBK TB (my truck was the test bed for those on a Ram) and there were large gains with the BBK (search BBK throttle body results) and then a year or so later I went to the JTS Venom TB and made more gains (search JTS Venom TB results).

Once again, please ho up another thread. This thread is about raw, stock, factory Gen 3 intakes so please keep it on track. Just so there's no confusion :)

Pm Tito ,he is looking for an oem intake manifold, so he can keep his polished one .

Incorrect, I had the idea for an extrude honed intake when I talked to DC Performance, but Dan (of DC Perf.) contacted Form and Function Performance and they did a full Hand porting Job on the intake (the first one they had done). So apples to apples. Those numbers are with the factory TB. After that I tested the BBK TB (my truck was the test bed for those on a Ram) and there were large gains with the BBK (search BBK throttle body results) and then a year or so later I went to the JTS Venom TB and made more gains (search JTS Venom TB results).

Did they cut that one open ,I seem to remember someone had done that then welded it back together but I don't remember who it was .I do remember the pics of the inside of yours and that puppy was one smooth mother ,I tried to buy the second one they did but someone beat me to the punch, and they wanted 1500 bucks for it but because of your posted results I was game . :(

Last edited:
I cut the plenum a open on mine James. I found it to be the only way to reach entire runner and open mouths of runners ;-)
Of course I'm sure I'm not the first.
image.jpg

I cut the plenum a open on mine James. I found it to be the only way to reach entire runner and open mouths of runners ;-)
Of course I'm sure I'm not the first.
View attachment 51774

Sweet ,I have a brand new manifold sitting in garage never been mounted I'm thinking of cutting open !

Some goober did it and posted pics on viper alley too but I never could find them .

Welds smoothed, no remains of any modifications noticeable ;-)
Gets powdercoated , polished, or dipped afterwards.
image.jpg

for bein a dry intake, sure do get nasty in thar

Dry with fuel, yet it's crankcase ventilation that puts that gunk into the intake. Not to mention average build up from dust that bypasses air filter ;-)
Look at your IAC valve and TB often and remove gunk. Engine will thank you :)

Dry with fuel, yet it's crankcase ventilation that puts that gunk into the intake. Not to mention average build up from dust that bypasses air filter ;-)
Look at your IAC valve and TB often and remove gunk. Engine will thank you :)

don't forget that P.O.S. evap system.

ain't been crankcase vapor to the intake for a good while now.

still got crap in it:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back