Gen 3 intake manifolds

It's all good, can't please em all and and he has no interest in my parts, just sent over by his friend to stir shit up. All part of business on the Internet I guess.

Please ,you of all peeps know No one sends or TELLS me to do anything .My opinions are all mine bubba ,My offer still stands ,I will buy one right now if you show me your claims on HP .
Its not that I'm not interested in your parts or anyone else's ,I just want to see proof of HP claims not made up claims ,and that goes for any vendor on any forum .So don't get your panties in a bind just cause I have not bought stuff from you ,actually most of my junk came from Justin.

Dom you should know because we were in same boys home together lol ,but I only pitch I don't catch ,

GLWS

Last edited:
I'll be glad to give him proof but instead of being a dyno queen how bout we hit the track let my results show you :)

I'll be glad to give him proof but instead of being a dyno queen how bout we hit the track let my results show you :)

Ironhead truck just is'nt a dyno queen, thats how you tune a motor to get the some power out of it and he makes over 550 hp at the rear wheel. I would say thats pretty damn good for a N/A motor. What dose your motor make?

Ironhead truck just is'nt a dyno queen, thats how you tune a motor to get the some power out of it and he makes over 550 hp at the rear wheel. I would say thats pretty damn good for a N/A motor. What dose your motor make?

It's the moot point that's been made over and over. Track times prove results! Dynos are a tuning aid and guesstimate of power. Most trucks we tweak go to the track. They had a baseline, did mods, and acquire new times that are faster! No voodoo magic, no new technology, just good old fashion hot rodding :)
Each tenth of a second counts and when you run a consistent number, add a mod, and see results, your either making power or freeing up power ;-)

It's the moot point that's been made over and over. Track times prove results! Dynos are a tuning aid and guesstimate of power. Most trucks we tweak go to the track. They had a baseline, did mods, and acquire new times that are faster! No voodoo magic, no new technology, just good old fashion hot rodding :)
Each tenth of a second counts and when you run a consistent number, add a mod, and see results, your either making power or freeing up power ;-)

Each tenth counts, thats why most dyno tune and the rest you learn testing.

I'll be honest here and hopefully Scott doesn't take me out behind the shed and horse whip me

I've never given two shits about dyno numbers. I've learned (or maybe understood) that for every dyno that is out there you will get or can get different results. Some base on dyno style, maker, operator, setup and the list goes one. From what I've experienced, operator of the dyno has the greatest influence over the results. Not everyone races there truck, so track results is out of the question and the dyno becomes god, those who race, the track is god, but is it a well prepared track or a crappy track, high altitude or sea level. Again, the circumstances and conditions, to varied to really rely on.

So for those that don't race, it comes down to dyno results

For those that race, it comes down to timeslips

Both will be disappointed they didn't get more

Couldnt be better said

VJ i some what agree but what the hell is the point in doing all these mods if you are not racing, I can make a dyno sheet say whatever i want track results are legit (shut up nick i know what your thinking I'll be at the track end of July with you).

VJ i some what agree but what the hell is the point in doing all these mods if you are not racing, I can make a dyno sheet say whatever i want track results are legit (shut up nick i know what your thinking I'll be at the track end of July with you).

Owner enjoyment, Pride in Your Ride

I'll be honest here and hopefully Scott doesn't take me out behind the shed and horse whip me

I've never given two shits about dyno numbers. I've learned (or maybe understood) that for every dyno that is out there you will get or can get different results. Some base on dyno style, maker, operator, setup and the list goes one. From what I've experienced, operator of the dyno has the greatest influence over the results. Not everyone races there truck, so track results is out of the question and the dyno becomes god, those who race, the track is god, but is it a well prepared track or a crappy track, high altitude or sea level. Again, the circumstances and conditions, to varied to really rely on.

Kinda goes back to what I said, when you run a consistent ET and MPH for stock or mods, you hit that wall. It's consistent but the same time so you know your truck well and what it'll do. I sell you a mod that I personally achieved results from, and you see results and a new Personal Best! Simple results!
And trust me this shiat, it takes about 16 hours to port an intake and each of the 10 runners including splitting the intake open to welding it shut, so I absolutely wouldn't waste my time if it were t worth doing. It's been done for years on cars of all sorts and has race proven results ;-)
It'll be argued forever but the fact remains, time slips talk, dyno queens walk!
I like that motto ;-)

Here is a good thread to read up on with ported intakes:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/ported-intake-manifold-results-29185/

______HORSEPOWER ____________ TORQUE
_____
RPM___STOCK _PORTED_ DIFF___ STOCK_PORTED _ DIFF____
2000 ___ 172 ___ 172 ____ 0 ___ 452 ___ 452___ 0
2500 ___ 230 ___ 226 ___ -4 ____ 483 ___ 474___ -9
3000 ___ 276 ___ 271 ___ -5 ____ 483 ___ 474___ -9
3500 ___ 338 ___ 332 ___ -6 ____ 507 ___ 499___ -8
4000 ___ 399 ___ 400 ___ +1 ____ 523 ___ 525___ +2
4200 ___ 424 ___ 424 ___ 0 ____ 530 ___ 531___ +1
4500 ___ 445 ___ 453 ___ +8 ____ 520 ___ 528___ +8
5000 ___ 471 ___ 481 ___ +10____ 495 ___ 505___ +10
5500 ___ 487 ___ 495 ___ +8 ____ 465 ___ 473___ +8
5700 ___ 491 ___ 498 ___ +7 ____ 453 ___ 459___ +6
5800 ___ 493___ 501 ___ +8 ____ 446 ___ 454___ +8
5900 ___ 490___ 499 ___ +9 ____ 436 ___ 444___ +8
6000 ___ 493 ___ 502 ___ +9 ____ 432 ___ 440___ +8

This is the best I can do , The spacing changes when you post....Sorry , but the data is there. I will try to get Brad to do a better spread sheet.

Last edited:
On the bottle I would say hes over 550 at the wheel also and he probably spend an 1/8 of what iron head spend

My CE does not have nos since I install strikers and the roe 710 cam ,Dyno tuning helps give a rough idea of HP ,Dynoing for me is just a A/F test to make sure its a safe mod .And to see if there was a gain on the mods installed .

and by the way my CE slapped down 590 N/A when Torrie ran it on Dyno ,I have always only had Torrie do dynoing and tuning because of the variables of operators.

Fact is I have gave every vendor on all the forums a case of red ass over inflated HP claims not just Scotty.

SRT Brad you are not comparing apples to apples ,Trainmans intake was a one of a kind port job and his numbers should not be used for a gasket matched runners ,his was extrude honed if I remember correctly .

Plus this is not my first rodeo on mods ,I was one of the very first ones on ANY 10 forum to install a cam and ported oem heads and a runner intake port job long before anyone had the balls to do it .

I also run the crap out of my black 10 I had and did the track thing many times ,just because I don't want to beat the crap out of my CE is my choice ,my CE is not a garage queen I drive it to work most days ,so if your going to talk shit about my CE get your BS straight and tell the truth.

I really don't have anything against Scotty but when I look at spending my cash I want and demand to see proof of HP claims .That's from ALL vendors even Dom's and Scotties arch nemesis .

And last but not least it seems (on all Forums ) if there is more than one vendor on it,it turns into a pissing contest on who sells the best mods, when most of the time they are just the same crap packaged differently ,to me that diminishes the over all choices we can have .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back