Gibson Headers

Srt10ram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my JMB Catless Mids up to my Magnaflow catback. I have stock manifolds and I am thinking about buying the Gibson headers. I have a few questions. Will the Gibsons make the truck any louder, because it doesn't seem very loud with the catless mids and magnaflow. And also will the Headers give a little more power or torque? I can get the stainless steel ones for $550, but do I NEED to coat them or get the crematic ones? They are much more expensive and $550 for headers is a great price. What do yall think is it worth it?
Thanks

You will want to coat the headers. Uncoated headers will melt any plastic they are near. Contact Stinker, he can get you coated headers.:) :) :)

oldcolt said:
You will want to coat the headers. Uncoated headers will melt any plastic they are near. Contact Stinker, he can get you coated headers.:) :) :)
Okay I understand but isn't the Crematic version from Gibson good enough. Is this what you mean by coating, or actually sending them somewhere to get coated.

Do a search on the net. you can find them already coated for $600-700

If they come ceramic coated, that should be good. It reduces under-hood temps and looks great.

Okay thanks , I can still probably find the Crematic Gibsons in the low $600 range.

coated, great under hood sounds, 5 hp 7 trq

BurntRubber said:
coated, great under hood sounds, 5 hp 7 trq
Yeah thats not too bad considering the change in sound, looks, and a little more power.

The Gibsons are very inexpensive, they are priced according to what they are really worth.
They are a shorty header that does not make that much HP.
They will give you some under hood bling if you get the coated ones.

If you want a header for bling get a Gibson, If you want horsepower get something else.

Mopar, Bassani, Bellanger are a better way to go for HP.........

FSTJACK said:
The Gibsons are very inexpensive, they are priced according to what they are really worth.
They are a shorty header that does not make that much HP.
They will give you some under hood bling if you get the coated ones.

If you want a header for bling get a Gibson, If you want horsepower get something else.

Mopar, Bassani, Bellanger are a better way to go for HP.........
I see... I kind of wish I would've just waited to buy longtubes with matching mids, instead of rushing the purchase on the JMB catless Mids. I would conside Bassani, if I could get a pair for under $800

Srt10ram said:
I see... I kind of wish I would've just waited to buy longtubes with matching mids, instead of rushing the purchase on the JMB catless Mids. I would conside Bassani, if I could get a pair for under $800
If your budget is tight I would wait and look for a used set of Bassani headers.
They do come up every now and then.
Even if you have to wait a while, it is night and day between the Bassanis and the Gibsons.
The Gibsons are a low priced entry level header that is unequal length and more for guys that want the bling.
The performance of the Bassanis is much better especially with your catless mids.
They will bolt up to what you have right now and work well.
I am sure you saw a differance when you put the mids on.
I have Bassanis on my red truck.

I have a fully ported and ceramic coated set of factory manifolds that will probaly make as much or more hp than gibsons;)

manifolds-coated.gif

kyle's srt10 said:
I have a fully ported and ceramic coated set of factory manifolds that will probaly make as much or more hp than gibsons;)

manifolds-coated.gif
Where did you get them worked on? And if you do not mind how much $$$$ Those look very nice.:rock:

JRSVIPR said:
Where did you get them worked on? And if you do not mind how much $$$$ Those look very nice.:rock:

ffperformance.com

I believe it was between $300-400 shipped.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back