GROUP BUY ON JTSVP THROTTLE BODY

Sorry Sammy I meant no harm. A couple years ago when I received mine in the mail I was mildly disappointed as the blades had deep scratches in them, they actually looked like they were used. They were also bent a little, I think they are supposed to be flat anyways. I really want another one of Tony's throttle bodies for my Viper regardless, as I truly did notice a huge difference in throttle response. I just hate the fact that I need to disassemble my factory one to do it. Tony's is the best in my opinion but I don't like how the others come ready to run and you have to assemble Tony's.

Tony's is the best in my opinion but I don't like how the others come ready to run and you have to assemble Tony's.

yes , my mechanic at the shop told me also , normaly for a $400 TB , u dont have to assemble it urself , is the shaft and spring that expensive ???
i would not mind to pay extra for this , and maybe i didnt have those problems now...

also i think Tony is the best , and had some issues that always been solved , now he suggest to send the TB back and refund...:confused:

but i want that TB , just one that work direct , not with myself sanding and measure it...LMAO

Any aftermarket TB needs to be checked before install. Most will be fine, some will bind after they are installed and warmed up.
Ya need to be sure there is no "binding" at all. Hold it up to the light and make sure you are centered. If any area is touching it will be even worse after it heats up. I used emery paper and thin machine oil to center mine up.
Easy to do yourself, and worth the headache. IMHO

My JTSVP TB required a significant amount of honing work to get the blades from contacting the TB. The idle would constantly stick because of the metal to metal contact.

Got a new IAC and still have idle problems. Gonna get a new TPS when I can too.

Rick, PhxPoolGuy, put mine on for me. He had to do some sanding to make it fit, but knock on wood, I haven't had any problems since he install it. Some of these need a little work to make them fit properly, but I think Tony still has the best product on the market. If it is a big problem ask Tony to exchange it for another. Good Luck.

i would like to have one that is allready installed with axle and blades.
and then send this one back , that would be some service...;)

I'm not blaming Tony whatsoever also. Just to be clear. Just seemed like the TB wasn't quite finished.

@Sammy11, I will be happy to buy your JTSV throttle body if you deem it not worthy.:rock:

gonna hold u on that one...

got my extra "new" set of blades today , gonna try them on this Friday at the shop.
if this is not working u can by it from my at my reduced prize , and then i gonna buy the TB from Roe Racing or other...
would be top if Tony send me a new "tested" and installed one...:(

installed the new blades in the TB , and with (again) some honing and sanding , it seems to work , did a few test-rides and gas is not sticking anymore...for now

still , my opinion is , for that money it should be complete with shaft and evrything installed , i even would be paying more for an total plug and play model.

next week i'm gonna go to the track , see what my numbers gonna tell on the 1/4 mile...:dontknow:

Sammy make sure that you do a voltage test on your tps and that you do a full reset of the System, otherwise you will not be able to shift thru all gears.
It will "hang" on shift 3 to 4 and run into the rev limiter. Without doing it, you have to lift the gas pedal once it hits rev limiter and then it shifts.

Has nothing to do if it Comes from Tony or Roe or whatever aftermarket throttle Body, it is just the case of not being harmonized with the System.

Been there, done that several times.....

Sammy make sure that you do a voltage test on your tps and that you do a full reset of the System, otherwise you will not be able to shift thru all gears.
It will "hang" on shift 3 to 4 and run into the rev limiter. Without doing it, you have to lift the gas pedal once it hits rev limiter and then it shifts.

ok , what voltage should it be , i'm gonna tell my mechanic next wednsday at the shop.
for now it shifts good , did not doing extreme launches...but i wil next sunday at the track at Zandvoort / Holland.

ps : u wanne come over for a race ?;)

Sorry, did not follow this one up...

I cant race currently as all of my SRT`s are without official registration.

Selling 3 of 4 and will build one to be the one to keep.....

Let me check again and i will send you the "how to"

Arne

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back