Handguns

Home defense a HK or Glock is hard to beat. I owned a USP 45 as well as 40 stainless, the ability to carry them cocked and locked is nice. I do however have to admit this was the only gun that I ever shot myself with. I was at the range shooting and somehow had a round bounce back and hit my in the chest. I have shot thousands of rounds at the range and this was odd. The bullet was falling so it had to have hit and spun back and upwards. We were the only ones at the range and I was the only person shooting. My uncle who was shooting his Desert Eagle 357 laughed his ass off after he verifed I wasnt hurt. He always gave me shat for the HK. I know own what use to be a Kimber stainless classic, gunsmith work done by aforementioned uncle. I stay away from the workings and let him deal with it. He chopped off the end of the barrel and fitted the wilson combat comp. Drilled all the holes in the slide and polished. Jeweling was done all over the slide and a few other pieces. Added an extended mag well and worked the trigger along with changing out the slide spring to a lighter weight. He slabbed, polised and fitted the grips from red stag horn. I have shot the piss out of that gun and have only had to take it to him once for work. I will take any opp to display pictures of the gun, It has been posted before. I have my eyes on a Kimber Grand Raptor, but Im busy gathering funds for truck parts right now.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/customshop/grandraptor.php

100_0302.jpg

100_0303.jpg

100_0300.jpg

100_0299.jpg

The Desert Eagle 357 that my uncle has is bench sighted at 125 yards and is a fun piece to shoot. I love my glock, It stays in my bedroom with a loaded 15 round clip and two additional full 15 round clips.
I was able to buy this gun for $275, It was a trade in by the SA police dept when the new models came out. New Trijicon sites that are very white and a Hogue wrap around with 4-15 round clips. It is very lightly used and the barrel is in great shape, must of been a once a year qualifying gun. It all depends on what you want the gun to be used for. My glock is great for carry, my kimber wouldnt work. I tried to get the instructor at my concealed carry class to let me qualify with my kimber he laughed. You also have to remember that 1911 frames are usually single stack clips vs guns with double stack. Hicap mags on a single stack will stick out like my kimber, not like that on my glock.

Last edited:
Wow...I never talked to anyone else that has been hit at a shooting range...

I got hit in the head....explains a lot...:D

Guy 2 stalls down from me took a couple steps back....I was standing behind my buddy watching him shoot...anyway...the guy put the gun up to his head and fired..the bullet hit his skull and the jacket peeled off, ricocheted off his head and hit me upside mine....took him 10 minutes to die....

long story short....cops...tape playbacks...statements....and a dead guy....

then we went and got some cuban food.....:dontknow:

Django said:
I love all you guys, but I just don't get the black wheels thing.....:dontknow:

D

it is cuz you are a Sicilian....you like shiney things like gold chains, cologne bottles, IROC z28s and white leather loafers.....:D

Nowwhat said:
Wow...I never talked to anyone else that has been hit at a shooting range...

I got hit in the head....explains a lot...:D

Guy 2 stalls down from me took a couple steps back....I was standing behind my buddy watching him shoot...anyway...the guy put the gun up to his head and fired..the bullet hit his skull and the jacket peeled off, ricocheted off his head and hit me upside mine....took him 10 minutes to die....

long story short....cops...tape playbacks...statements....and a dead guy....

then we went and got some cuban food.....:dontknow:

Holly SHIT, Man! :eek:

WTF! :dontknow: People off themselves in the strangest places... :confused:

Glad your ok... If he was using a .22, it would have went right through him and got you. :mad: :(

Nowwhat said:
it is cuz you are a Sicilian....you like shiney things like gold chains, cologne bottles, IROC z28s and white leather loafers.....:D

rOf...............;)

I have only 1 gold chain....(wrist)..... I don't wear cologne...... and white shoes are worn only by Herb Tarleck on WKRP in Cincinnati......

Oh yeah, I do have a Z but it's not an (lol) Iroc....

Funny, Mike......fkn funny....

How was the Cuban food....?

D

Django said:
rOf...............;)

I have only 1 gold chain....(wrist)..... I don't wear cologne...... and white shoes are worn only by Herb Tarleck on WKRP in Cincinnati......

Oh yeah, I do have a Z but it's not an (lol) Iroc....

Funny, Mike......fkn funny....

How was the Cuban food....?

D
great hair also.....kick ass mafia mop..:rock: :D

hey everyone post up pics, make it easier on the guy. ill get some tonight

I have a few handguns, I prefer 45s, the one I like shooting the most is a Colt Officers 45. I use Glocks for personal defence (either the model 30 or 36) because they are compact and sweat doesn't hurt them. I have a Desert Eagle, and while it is fun to shoot, it is NOT for personal defence. You should go to a range that rents guns so you can try of different models and find what you like.

Here is a pick of some of mine.

Bill.

Yes Eddie, that is a real 1916 Artillary Lugar, all numbers matching, with the snail drum magazine and loader. My grandfather brought it back with him during WWII. I even have the capture papers signed by the theater of operations commander allowing it to legally come stateside.

Bill.

sweet have seen a few of them, you need to have that in a shadow box on the wall. awesome keepsake. i love ww2 firearms.

I keep it locked away in the safe, I'm not taking any chances.

Bill.

After being in the Army I was pretty loyal to Beretta. That was before I got my hands on a Springfield XD-9. It has a great feel to it and is ridiculously accurate. It's perfect for experts and novices a like. It's a true point and shoot weapon. I get compliments on it all the time. It's what I carry. It is a bit too bulky, though so I'm getting a sub compact XD-40! :rock:

PaddyOBrian said:
After being in the Army I was pretty loyal to Beretta. That was before I got my hands on a Springfield XD-9. It has a great feel to it and is ridiculously accurate. It's perfect for experts and novices a like. It's a true point and shoot weapon. I get compliments on it all the time. It's what I carry. It is a bit too bulky, though so I'm getting a sub compact XD-40! :rock:
That IS an excellent gun. I was skeptical of it because I do not like Glocks (I am a Glock certified instructor and armorer and I carry one daily on duty:( ) and they share some similar characteristics.

However, my neighbor has an XD and he talked me into shooting it on a practical pistol course. It took a little getting used to because the slide is SO much heavier than the bottom end.

Once I got a few round down range though, look out. I could pound the plates with extreme accuracy. It just takes a little getting used to. We fired several hundred rounds thru it and didn't have a single burp with it.

IMHO it's a good weapon.:)

I realized I didnt post the pic of my Glock. I enjoy the lettering on the slide along with the serial #

100_1582.jpg

sirhc76 said:
I realized I didnt post the pic of my Glock. I enjoy the lettering on the slide along with the serial #

I have the same piece with the same rubber grip.......

Putting that grip on was a fkn bitch....... Like trying to apply a condom to a telephone pole.

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back