Handguns

i love ruger's. I have a p95 dc. 9mm which is wonderful to shoot. my cousin as a ruger .45 that i have shot a few times and i really enjoyed the .45 as well.

personally Rugers don't do it for me...the trigger action is like snapping a piece of glass...

for a nice big gun....H&K USP .45....smooth....accurate....reliable...

What purpose are you wanting one for? (Home Defense, Personal Carry, Just Because.... All of the above? :dontknow: )

There are many different weapons for many different situations. ;)

I prefer Kimber 1911 models for any Semi-Auto situation.... Smith and Wesson wheel-guns are my choice for home defense (or a Remington 870 :D )

Last edited:
I really like the 40 cals myself. Though the federal government in their infinite wisdom has deemed me unfit to own weapons the same can't be said for the OL hehehe. I guess she needs something to protect herself from me, right? LOL

The Glock M23 was a real nice gun, and I also like the Springfield XD series which come in both 40 and 45.

yeah depends on if you want it for sport shooting, to conceal carry, etc... i like the H&K series of pistols as well, i personally have a glock G27. i prefer .40 caliber amunition for a handgun, in most cases you can carry more bullets per mag than a .45 and equal as many as a 9mm, .40 also has almost the stopping power of a .45 but less kick

Black1 said:
What purpose are you wanting one for? (Home Defense, Personal Carry, Just Because.... All of the above? :dontknow: )

I guess mainly just because/target shooting - before guns are outlawed entirely here in CA. What's that old quote - "A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject"

OCBob said:
I really like the 40 cals myself. Though the federal government in their infinite wisdom has deemed me unfit to own weapons the same can't be said for the OL hehehe. I guess she needs something to protect herself from me, right? LOL

The Glock M23 was a real nice gun, and I also like the Springfield XD series which come in both 40 and 45.

Damn, something I can agree with the Federal Government about.;) :p :D :rock:

Sorry Bob, you asked for that one.;)

RatMotor said:
I guess mainly just because/target shooting - before guns are outlawed entirely here in CA. What's that old quote - "A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject"

Well, hell..... If THAT'S the case.... Go for BRAGGING RIGHTS! :rock: LOL! :D

spdeelec.jpg
desert-eagle.jpg

But, seriously.... :eek: :D I do like the Kimber 1911's. :) If your going target shooting.... I would go with a longer barrel, like a commander or a full-size. Take a look....

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/

Something like the Tactical II Pro model would be a nice gun. ;)

Last edited:
RatMotor said:
Why are you wanting a round bigger than 9MM? 9MM is a great round. You can get a high capacity 9MM and shoot cheap ammo for target and then load up some hollow points for self defense. I have a Ruger P85 with 15 round mags. The Glock is also a nice gun. The 21 is a full size .45. the model 30 is a smaller size but still takes the 12 round mags of the 21. Tough guns. Check out a few makers and see which safety system your most comfortable with. If your thinking concealed then think small. Carrying a large framed pistol get old quickly. Have fun searching.

i own both the ruger 9 and 45..love them..my wife has the 357 she likes very much...my next piece will be the sig..

Those Kimber's and Sigs look badass, but pricey. Forgive a possibly naive question, but what does a $1000 gun get you versus a $500 gun(Ruger, Glock, etc) Weight, accuracy, capacity, reliablility, craftsmanship?

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
Why are you wanting a round bigger than 9MM?

Probably the same reason I bought an SRT instead of a hemi - I tend to want the biggest/baddest/best. Why put regular size holes in something, when I can put BIG holes in it? Not a logical reason, I know, but there it is.

RatMotor said:
Those Kimber's and Sigs look badass, but pricey. Forgive a possibly naive question, but what does a $1000 gun get you versus a $500 gun(Ruger, Glock, etc) Weight, accuracy, capacity, reliablility?
I'm guessing overall quality. I've had my Ruger P85 for years. It was relatively inexpensive, high capacity (15), been very reliable and deadly accurate. The slide is really the only heavy part of it. The frame is a light weight metal alloy. It is the gun I chose to qualify with when I got my CCW. The only drawback to the Ruger is the long trigger pull. But you get use to it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back