Has anyone bought an extended warranty?

chromecards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 04 Ram SRT 10 used and it is still under the 3/36 factory warranty, however I was going to go to my local Dodge dealer and inquire about buying an extended warranty. Has anyone else done this, will Dodge sell an extended warranty on our trucks? If so how much has anyone paid?

Thanks for any input,
Russell

chromecards said:
I bought my 04 Ram SRT 10 used and it is still under the 3/36 factory warranty, however I was going to go to my local Dodge dealer and inquire about buying an extended warranty. Has anyone else done this, will Dodge sell an extended warranty on our trucks? If so how much has anyone paid?

Thanks for any input,
Russell

Russel do you plan on puuting any engine mods in. If you do those waranties might be useless anyways.

The only thing I am planning on doing is upgrading the clutch. Later down the road I might upgrade the exhaust system.

I bought it when I bought the truck new in 04. I think I paid like $1200 or so. Not sure if its worth it............but if the ac goes out, that alone will cost that much. Who knows.

patrick

my contract said i have a 7/70 powertrain, but dodge will not cover anything anymore. they say it wasnt supposed to have it cause they didnt offer it on the srt's but if some of you have it, ill have to dig deeper into it

I have a 7 year/100,000 warranty that I purchased from Dodge about a year after I bought my 04. Covers everything but the wear items (brake pads, clutch, tires, wiper blades, etc). Have not had to use it yet. Also, I verified with dealer beforehand that MOPAR mods I have done to my truck will NOT void the extended warranty (which is the main reason I went with MOPAR headers, catless mids, performance PCM, and CAI). My recommendation is to talk to your dealer in advance, and get it in WRITING!!!!!

I have 7/60000 maximum care with money back gaurantee. Bought it from dealer when new. Cost 1400. If no claims are made ,money is refunded at the end of the warranty period.

nycstev said:
I have 7/60000 maximum care with money back gaurantee. Bought it from dealer when new. Cost 1400. If no claims are made ,money is refunded at the end of the warranty period.

I guess that's not to bad of a deal. They just get to use your money interest free for 7 years.

I have always looked at all extended warranties as a form of gambleing, and since I don't gamble, I never buy them.

I have been thinking about it since I am approaching 30,000. Thanks for a very timely and informative thread. Since mine is a daily driver, I think the extended may be worth it.

Silverback said:
I guess that's not to bad of a deal. They just get to use your money interest free for 7 years.

I have always looked at all extended warranties as a form of gambleing, and since I don't gamble, I never buy them.
Of course everybodys got a gimmick.I guess for them on a collective basis it adds up. For me though its just nickel and dime shit . When I origianlly bought this beast I was thinking in terms of reselling so an extended warranty seem like a good sales option. But now since I've been on this forum and listeneing to everyone and realizing how much fun this is to drive, I think Ill cash in the EW and spend the money on Mods. This way I can blow the engine before the 3y/36 mile and geta fresh one!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

devildog said:
I have a 7 year/100,000 warranty that I purchased from Dodge about a year after I bought my 04. Covers everything but the wear items (brake pads, clutch, tires, wiper blades, etc). Have not had to use it yet. Also, I verified with dealer beforehand that MOPAR mods I have done to my truck will NOT void the extended warranty (which is the main reason I went with MOPAR headers, catless mids, performance PCM, and CAI). My recommendation is to talk to your dealer in advance, and get it in WRITING!!!!!
your dealer is lying.

bucke77 said:
your dealer is lying.

You may think so...but that is why everything is in writing and signed by dealer. If they decide not to honor, we go to court...pretty simple. That is why I stated to talk to your dealer first, and to get it in writing.... Believe or not, not all dealers are out to screw over their customers. Some are pretty good and will take care of you.

Thanks for everyones input, I appreciate it. I will be going to my local dealer in a few months, before my current contract expires. I hope I can get a 7/100,000 mile warranty. I had the same one on my old truck and it came in handy. I will feel better having it since I am using my truck as a 3 season daily driver.

Russell

devildog said:
You may think so...but that is why everything is in writing and signed by dealer. If they decide not to honor, we go to court...pretty simple. That is why I stated to talk to your dealer first, and to get it in writing.... Believe or not, not all dealers are out to screw over their customers. Some are pretty good and will take care of you.
FYI...I am a dealer

devildog said:
Guess I am lucky I did not buy from you then!!!!
I'm just telling you how it works.. would hate to see you get screwed later on. you should take the time and read the warranty booklet in your owners packet and the warranty info on Mopar Performance Parts.
and you would very pleased if you serviced your vehicle with me. anyone of my customers would tell you that I would go out on a limp to cover something under warranty. and its not up to the dealer on covering repairs under warranty on powertrain components on these trucks. you must call chrysler for authorization, and there are times they will inspect the vehicle themselves.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back