Heads and Cam, Custom Intake.....coming

Depending on the power it makes and how it handles the power, I may have some suspension work to do and then there's the matter of running under 11.49 without a rollbar , my strip is very strict. From the dyno I will have my shift points pretty well figured out, I will have to figure out the launch rpm, then we're good to go. I wouldn't think any more than 10 passes. If it goes straight, I predict I will break the NA record of 11.51 on the very first full pass!:rock::burnout:

10 passes or less it is then

Talked with Todd Abrams today, revised cam specs are now at 248-256 with .720 lift on a 112 LSA. We will have further discussion with Chris Jensen. We are also probably going to wet sleeve the block and go 4.130 bore, stock stroke for 530.5 cubic inches. Compression may move up from 11.0 range to 11.25-11.50 (we'll talk to Chris on this too.). Block will be machined for roller cam bearings.

Tonight I listened to a Viper engine I built that has a 244 @ .050" solid roller in it and ported Striker heads. It sounded very mild. Almost too mild. Kind of drone like. I wish now I had put more duration in it. We can tighten the valve lash and hopefully get it to thump a pretty good lick.

Greg how much flow did you gain after the porting of the striker heads .

Interested in this big time .

We got them to 390 cfm. Before I started they were approximately 350.

We got them to 390 cfm. Before I started they were approximately 350.

How much time would this take to do .I have a set of strikers on my truck and would like to look into you doing this in say mid May .

And where can you get stock Gen3 heads to Greg? Just for comparison sake! Thanks bud, and awesome work as always :rock:

I have a set of both so inquiring minds want to know :D

And isn't trainmans heads a stock set of gen3 heads

How much time would this take to do .I have a set of strikers on my truck and would like to look into you doing this in say mid May .

Looking at the starting date of this thread it will take about a year. Greg does great work and that takes time.

Greg, what can you get the Gen3 heads to flow sir? So we can compare?:dontknow:

Guys on the Alley reported numbers around 340cfm for Greg's Gen III heads. Keep in mind, flow bench's are tools used to measure improvement, much like a dyno measures improvement. Performance is measured at the track and Greg's heads have the reputation of outperforming all others.

Last edited:
not sure if I missed it did you post the stock flow numbers for the heads before work?

not sure if I missed it did you post the stock flow numbers for the heads before work?

No, I don't have the stock flow numbers, but I believe the flow on the Gen IV intake side for stock is at 330 cfm, but that's all I know. so I'm up almost 100 cfm improvement. I believe the stock Gen III intake flows in the 280 cfm range so I'm really excited since I will be at 427.5 cfm.

No, I don't have the stock flow numbers, but I believe the flow on the Gen IV intake side for stock is at 330 cfm, but that's all I know. so I'm up almost 100 cfm improvement. I believe the stock Gen III intake flows in the 280 cfm range so I'm really excited since I will be at 427.5 cfm.

I want to say my stock heads flowed 265.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back