Heads and Cam, Custom Intake.....coming

No, no nitrous, just NA. But I'm hoping people will think I have nitrous by the way it runs.

What's your best guess in the 1/4? Let's get a pool going..... I'm going with a 10.54 if it's staying straight motor, no spray! :rock:

11.0 is my guess! Wish I got to meet ya Jerry but it ended up being too late that night. I'm sure ill see ya somewhere soon ;)

is she still streetable???:dontknow::burnout::rock:

What's your best guess in the 1/4? Let's get a pool going..... I'm going with a 10.54 if it's staying straight motor, no spray! :rock:
That sounds good, I told Caveman to reserve the #3 spot for me on the all-time fastest 10's list, which is at 10.73, so at least 10.72 and I'm good. I also have a $400 bet with ArrestMeRed, he thinks that I won't beat 10.82 (I think), SRTBrad and I are in on that bet.

Last edited:
Talked with Todd Abrams today, revised cam specs are now at 248-256 with .720 lift on a 112 LSA. We will have further discussion with Chris Jensen. We are also probably going to wet sleeve the block and go 4.130 bore, stock stroke for 530.5 cubic inches. Compression may move up from 11.0 range to 11.25-11.50 (we'll talk to Chris on this too.). Block will be machined for roller cam bearings.

Talked with Todd Abrams today, revised cam specs are now at 248-256 with .720 lift on a 112 LSA. We will have further discussion with Chris Jensen. We are also probably going to wet sleeve the block and go 4.130 bore, stock stroke for 530.5 cubic inches. Compression may move up from 11.0 range to 11.25-11.50 (we'll talk to Chris on this too.). Block will be machined for roller cam bearings.

That's a nasty cam! Where do you think peak horsepower will be, 6600-6800rpm?

That's a nasty cam! Where do you think peak horsepower will be, 6600-6800rpm?
Actually, the solid roller will act like a 10 degree milder cam than a hydraulic roller. Additionally Greg Good said I will make 30 lb-ft of torque more than the equal hydraulic roller across the entire RPM range, which will help on the street. Todd is predicting I will have power from 3,000 and up if we stay with the stock 505 cubic inches. By going to an overbore, stock stroke (3.96) I will maintain the proper rod angle, rev quicker, and increase power throughout the entire rpm range. We do not want to go over 7,000 rpm, so hopefully the peak power will be in the 6,600 rpm range, I will shift at 6,800 and drive through the lights at 7,000 if need be. I don't want to shift into 5th. I still should be able to cruise on the freeway at 2,000 rpm in 6th (not accelerate, but cruise). With 4.56 gears and 30" tall slicks my theoretical speed in 4th at 7,000 rpm will be 137 mph, assuming no tire growth. I really don't think I will be that fast , so I think I will be geared just right for the 1/4 mile.

Jerry, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to stop in Phoenix & meet up for dinner. I know you were on a tight schedule & wanted to get home and I hope you weren't too far off of schedule. Spoke with Rick & we will be coming up to see you as soon as we get a schedule that is good with you.

Trainman has it right with the bet involving ArrestMeRed. Justin get ready to pay up. :chain:

I'll be there this Friday to do the baseline video at A&C.:D Some birdie tells me Rick will be talking some smack on video.:D:D Who else wants to join the video party :driver::burnout::party:

We should invite a few Lightning spy's to instill fear in the L crowd.:D:D Where is the other Rick (LightningQuick) been at?

I think Jerry wins that bet, he's a pretty dedicated guy when it comes to racing.

Trainman has it right with the bet involving ArrestMeRed. Justin get ready to pay up. :chain:

I'll be there this Friday to do the baseline video at A&C.:D Some birdie tells me Rick will be talking some smack on video.:D:D Who else wants to join the video party :driver::burnout::party:

We should invite a few Lightning spy's to instill fear in the L crowd.:D:D Where is the other Rick (LightningQuick) been at?

We need to establish a time limit on this bet, how many passes is he going to get before y'all pay up.

Not this Friday Brad, it's the 18th. And don't invite any Lightning guys.....remember it's still pure stock.:D

We need to establish a time limit on this bet, how many passes is he going to get before y'all pay up.

Depending on the power it makes and how it handles the power, I may have some suspension work to do and then there's the matter of running under 11.49 without a rollbar , my strip is very strict. From the dyno I will have my shift points pretty well figured out, I will have to figure out the launch rpm, then we're good to go. I wouldn't think any more than 10 passes. If it goes straight, I predict I will break the NA record of 11.51 on the very first full pass!:rock::burnout:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back