HELP solve a problem......

kingsport...i live in clinton.about 20 min.north of knoxville

Man I'm trying to go to sleep but this BS has got my mind racing and almost as mad as this morning when i first tried to install this effing thing that is an useless paperweight...stinker you aree riht about Jerry in the aspect he is stand up for coming on here and not ducking me...
I consider this place as a family too except for a select few who interject their stupidity every once in a while (Some with rational thinking and good hearts answered with mutual agreements are in the best interest, GADodge, and Brad Lovethis truck, which I thank you for that,abd if i forgot you i'm sorry), and i try to help out when i can with what I know or if I can do something for another member as i did for Venomous when he truly got screwed over and the family came through....If the shoe was on the opposite foot in this situation I would have helped out if I was so truly "greek" to these computer
There was PM's sent to Jerry to make sure i was going to avoid this situation..I asked about the vins and I believe I even stated something like it should work, and Jerry responded that it is greek to him wether it truly is or not I can't tell you that...Had it been RETURNED TO STOCK as STATED and only one vehicle on it then in my mind or anyone else that read it that way would assume there is no problem and these tuners really are greek to Jerry...Who the eff would pay $175 for a locked effin tuner????????? Can someone please answer me because I will sell it to you for that...I would have never bought it for that...The more I'm writing the mor3e pissed and in disbeliefe of what is happening....
I feel like I have been singled out b/c I may be "new" or whatever the eff is the reason (mopar jumps on and writes his usual one liners "agreed" as if he didn't even read the entire post), and Jerry has been a long time member even though he has posted nothing over the years he's been a member here...
I mena I know what the hell I was asking and what I'm doing I owned a diesel that needed a programmer, when it had problems I would send it back to Hypertech and have it fixed, so I've been down the tuner road before..
Guys I don't know what to say but it's a misunderstanding and I feel I asked all the proper questions to avoid this yet my karma works this way so I'm used to it...
Jerry how can you honestly sit there and say you got $80 out of the deal (which is still worth more that the mother effin tuner I received) $175 -S15 for shipping - $10 for fees you came out with $150 and if that's any indication of how you pull stuff then I should of expected this....I'm so disappointed in this situation that I feel like I'm not part of the "family" anymore and to be honest I don't care to return to this site, which once treated me good and made me feel welcomed..(i'm sure some won't give a damn if I'm gone and the same one's I could care less about)....
I'm out and I'll go about another way of getting my money....I don't even want this POS effin computer b/c with the karma it's got it will probably blow my f*cking engine up! If you think I'm pissed YOURE VERY RIGHT, but I'm more so disappointed! Best of luck to all of you

Last edited:
kickinassrt-10 said:
Man I'm trying to go to sleep but this BS has got my mind racing and almost as mad as this morning when i first tried to install this effing thing that is an useless paperweight...stinker you aree riht Jerry is stand up for coming on here and not ducking me...
I consider this place as a family too except for a select few who interject their stupidity every once in a while, and i try to help out when i can with what I know or if I can do something for another member as i did for Venomous when he truly got screwed over and the family came through....
There was PM's sent to Jerry to make sure i was going to avoid this situation..I asked about the vins and I believe I even stated something like it should work, and Jerry responded that it is greek to him wether it truly is or not I can't tell you that...Had it been RETURNED TO STOCK as STATED and only one vehicle on it then in my mind or anyone else that read it that way would assume there is no problem and these tuners really are greek to Jerry...Who the eff would pay $175 for a locked effin tuner????????? Can someone please answer me because I will sell it to you for that...I would have never bought it for that...The more I'm writing the mor3e pissed and in disbeliefe of what is happening....
I feel like I have been singled out b/c I may be "new" or whatever the eff is the reason (mopar jumps on and writes his usual one liners "agreed" as if he didn't even read the entire post), and Jerry has been a long time member even though he has posted nothing over the years he's been a member here...
I mena I know what the hell I was asking and what I'm doing I owned a diesel that needed a programmer, when it had problems I would send it back to Hypertech and have it fixed, so I've been down the tuner road before..
Guys I don't know what to say but it's a misunderstanding and I feel I asked all the proper questions to avoid this yet my karma works this way so I'm used to it...
Jerry how can you honestly sit there and say you got $80 out of the deal (which is still worth more that the mother effin tuner I received) $175 -S15 for shipping - $10 for fees you came out with $150 and if that's any indication of how you pull stuff then I should of expected this....I'm so disappointed in this situation that I feel like I'm not part of the "family" anymore and to be honest I don't care to return to this site, which once treated me good and made me feel welcomed..(i'm sure some won't give a damn if I'm gone and the same one's I could care less about)....
I'm out and I'll go about another way of getting my money....I don't even want this POS effin computer b/c with the karma it's got it will probably blow my f*cking engine up! If you think I'm pissed YOURE VERY RIGHT, but I'm more so disappointed! Best of luck to all of you

Hope you both work this out...I have enjoyed reading your progress over the months..........

You best not leave, hell I'll miss ya monkey ass:D

and I will drive down and haunt you or worse, send chubby to ya house:D

Man Ihate it bro, ya'll are both family bud, you are def not a "new"guy to me.

Ya'll can work it out, both of ya'll pop a top, smoke a marlboro, get some leg:D
sleep on it a couple days, hell , call each other with the promise of not yellin, and work it out.

Now I have to agree maniac after all is said and done, $80?;)

Stinker said:
You best not leave, hell I'll miss ya monkey ass:D

and I will drive down and haunt you or worse, send chubby to ya house:D

Man Ihate it bro, ya'll are both family bud, you are def not a "new"guy to me.

Ya'll can work it out, both of ya'll pop a top, smoke a marlboro, get some leg:D
sleep on it a couple days, hell , call each other with the promise of not yellin, and work it out.

Now I have to agree maniac after all is said and done, $80?;)
Thanks TN for the thought, and stinker can always count on you for the mediator with kind words, you must have a big heart man, and I look forward to getting to a gtg one day to meet you....i don't smoke mar's though;) It sounds like nothings gonna work out if he's gonna lie about $80 but paypal is always an option and wether it works in my favor or not I don't care it's the principal behind it, and if he does get to keep the money then good i hope he needs it that bad...
I enjoy this place but as Dom and a few other have done, I think I'm gonna be taking some time away from here to just cool down, wether it be one day 1 week or one month i don't know

kickinassrt-10 said:
Thanks TN for the thought, and stinker can always count on you for the mediator with kind words, you must have a big heart man, and I look forward to getting to a gtg one day to meet you....i don't smoke mar's though;) It sounds like nothings gonna work out if he's gonna lie about $80 but paypal is always an option and wether it works in my favor or not I don't care it's the principal behind it, and if he does get to keep the money then good i hope he needs it that bad...
I enjoy this place but as Dom and a few other have done, I think I'm gonna be taking some time away from here to just cool down, wether it be one day 1 week or one month i don't know

well if ya get bored,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jsut give me a call bud:D

I'll make fun of ya as much as I can:p

but I understand, sometimes it helps to get away from this place:argh: :p :D

Stinker said:

Right on man...LOL
Just another little piece I found while in my paypal is the note I sent along with the payment....but did Jerry reply to this.....NO, WHY? you ask I'm guessing he knew all along what he was doing! Greek is understandable but Chinese is a whole 'nother story bud!!
"Hi Jerry, it's Roger from vtcoa...here's the $$ for the sct I told you I'd send in the morning. I imagine you will be returning the vehicle to the stock tune? I heard if it is not returned to stock then it may not be unusable by me..
The above address is fine to send it to.
Thank You
Roger"
YOU DECIDE.................

Last edited:
Stinker said:

You know that well mr. stink..LOL....got to remember we are programed to communicate eye to eye and these forums dont allow that...but for the most part all do well here and amaze me how well all are treated....and I may be rambling cause I ought to be in bed..LOl...:marchmellow:

TNVIPER said:
You know that well mr. stink..LOL....got to remember we are programed to communicate eye to eye and these forums dont allow that...but for the most part all do well here and amaze me how well all are treated....and I may be rambling cause I ought to be in bed..LOl...:marchmellow:
yessir Mr. Viper I do :D

but his above post leads me to think maybe maniac would be best off just returning the $$ and resolve the situation;)

Stinker said:
yessir Mr. Viper I do :D

but his above post leads me to think maybe maniac would be best off just returning the $$ and resolve the situation;)

Well I avoided an emotional thought but if it were me I would refund and move on.......I dont think he (maniac) is obiligated from the facts as presented....but as I stated earlier I dont know what was privately conversed...both seem upstanding and I hope this works out and they continue to contribute...

kickinassrt-10 said:
I think you're misunderstanding what he stated about the $80. I read it and I assume he meant $175-75(back to you)-20(shipping fees)=$80. Also I think DC reg price is 699-100(discount)=599+tax and shipping.

kickinassrt-10 said:
Did you read the thread? How is $525 total
investment cheaper than $500 for a new one. I'm
still waiting for someone to explain that to
me????
yeah i read the thread...... did you do your homework - no !!!! :dontknow:

the guy don't owe you a thing. :rock:

if he chooses to give you anything, then count your blessings AND LOOSE THE ATTITUDE........ :mad:

kickinassrt-10 said:
Bitch, you aint going nowhere!!!!! I'll show Stinker exactly where you live. I got your address.:D I think Jerry meant after he splits the $150.00 with you, then he will end up making $80.00 on the deal. Take the deal to split and enjoy Regatta, take plenty of pics. And get that sunroof fixed. :D

Last edited:
My .02 since kickinass was so kind as to help me out just a couple days ago on my situation which he had the thoughfullness to make another mamber a deal on his WORKING BG PCM.
I think it should be split for misunderstanding! End of story and if this guy won't pony up I will paypal you the money myself. This place is still your family and if you need to leave and vent ,due come back. If I could buy the tuner and get stuck with it myself I would, but I'll gladly help you get it unlocked.
There hasn't been alot of first hand wisdom on these SCTs which I have personally been interested in and was supposed to have myself ( maybe why I never got mine from another member cause it was locked) but don't quite understand. I would ask reputable tuners about these answers again and make sure of the money needed to unlock. I would think that the tunes would be still usefull but only the vin needing unlocked. I'm thinking it should just cost you the $150 to get the vin#s unlocked and the tunes should still be usable as long as they are like a 92-93 tune, Valet tune, maybe a N2O tune. But if it's all stock tunes someone stored and never returned to thier truck or they were all Supercharger or all N2O tunes I could see it needing a retune. Please call and verify or I may try myself cause I have tuned GMs for years and it usually works this way. But if it had 3 truck to tune and they none have been returned to stick then the SCT is only holding stock tunes for the availability at a later date to use for Towing or resale.
I could be way far off but either way I think a split of the fault is appropriate.
Good luck to yall and hope I may have helped a lil. If I get some answers from SCT I'll let you guys in on it.

Yeah and after looking through his post ( that I cared less about re-reading after getting screwed over by him) I found his License plate is " Culinary" shouldnb't be hard to find that in Carolina!

VENOMOUS1 said:
My .02 since kickinass was so kind as to help me out just a couple days ago on my situation which he had the thoughfullness to make another mamber a deal on his WORKING BG PCM.
I think it should be split for misunderstanding! End of story and if this guy won't pony up I will paypal you the money myself. This place is still your family and if you need to leave and vent ,due come back. If I could buy the tuner and get stuck with it myself I would, but I'll gladly help you get it unlocked.
There hasn't been alot of first hand wisdom on these SCTs which I have personally been interested in and was supposed to have myself ( maybe why I never got mine from another member cause it was locked) but don't quite understand. I would ask reputable tuners about these answers again and make sure of the money needed to unlock. I would think that the tunes would be still usefull but only the vin needing unlocked. I'm thinking it should just cost you the $150 to get the vin#s unlocked and the tunes should still be usable as long as they are like a 92-93 tune, Valet tune, maybe a N2O tune. But if it's all stock tunes someone stored and never returned to thier truck or they were all Supercharger or all N2O tunes I could see it needing a retune. Please call and verify or I may try myself cause I have tuned GMs for years and it usually works this way. But if it had 3 truck to tune and they none have been returned to stick then the SCT is only holding stock tunes for the availability at a later date to use for Towing or resale.
I could be way far off but either way I think a split of the fault is appropriate.
Good luck to yall and hope I may have helped a lil. If I get some answers from SCT I'll let you guys in on it.
Nice gesture Venomous1. But, if I know Roger, he wont let you pay. :)

VENOMOUS1 said:
Yeah and after looking through his post ( that I cared less about re-reading after getting screwed over by him) I found his License plate is " Culinary" shouldnb't be hard to find that in Carolina!
It will be if the truck was stripped and sold off, If of course that is true. :eek:

moparracing said:
yeah i read the thread...... did you do your homework - no !!!! :dontknow:

the guy don't owe you a thing. :rock:

if he chooses to give you anything, then count your blessings AND LOOSE THE ATTITUDE........ :mad:

I agree with this. He said he does not know if it will work on your truck AND the first post says vin locked... If it wasn't locked he would be able to sell it for a lot more than $175.

No reason to get all butt hurt. He has already offered to split the difference. Drop the attitude, I am sure you are a good guy, but chalk this one up, you getting all pissy is only hurting your own character.

Good luck on the outcome. I hope you get what you want.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back