Hemi Ram VS SRT-10

TurboFreak said:
I just ran across this video of a race between a Hemi Ram with a STS turbo VS a SRT-10 Ram with a twin screw supercharger.

http://media.putfile.com/Dirty-little-farm-truck-vs-Roe-twin-screw-SRT10

I believe this was in Canada at about 3500 elevation.

exactly . . . it doesnt matter who won, the srt-10 looks exponentially better than the dodge. I havent heard the greatest things about STS either, so maybe that hemi is in a junkyard somewhere. :s:

BigRed460 said:
My hemi went 12.1 before I sold it, and I have a few vids of me beating a srt... there is a replacment it's called nitrous...
and can be equally matched on the SRT, if not more. My bottle is ready to go.

Bone said:
and can be equally matched on the SRT, if not more. My bottle is ready to go.
My two bottles are also ready, lol. Lets go...
nitrous4c.jpg

BTW, mod for mod that are pretty evenly matched because of the weight difference, IMO.

You can make anything go fast. Its all about $$$. If someone wants to take a Hemi and pump a shitload of money into it then it will go. You can do the same thing to a 10. The 10 has more to start with therefore more potential

Good deal.

The Chevy guys were trying to get together to run against some Hemi's and SRT-10's but there was not enough peolpe willing to take the drive. The meet was going to be somewhere in the middle(for Eastcoast and Westcoast) people like TX, TN etc.

First of all you have to remember that a stock motor Roe SRT-10 quad cab is only going to make low 500s rwhp. Read the Sport Truck article on Barry Grants truck that made 502 rwhp AFTER the Roe install. An STS Hemi Ram can make equal hp with some add'l motor upgrades.

Nitrous on either of those trucks would make for a good show. :rock:

High elevation sucks for drag racing. :(

Deibs said:
Bahhahaha that's me!!!!!!!!!!

Omg that was a joke, i didn't know what was going on,, my first time to the track ever.. i think that was my second race. Anyways, all night my best RT time was a .430 :D It was like stage, stage, y,y,y, G and i'm still sitting there thinking.. oh crap i better go.

As for the times they were not reset, you can see that the 15's are already posted while we were half way down the track, as for that night i ran a best of 13.558 and he ran a 13.602 so i still got him :)

It was a bad night for fast times,, most people were almost a full second higher then usual, too hot to be racing and i was hotlapping my truck like a crazy man.. 20-30 mins between passes.. plus the 2 hour drive getting to the track sure didn't help any, this Friday will be much better.
too funny....... cool you admitted to it & posted times so it wasn't as it seemed........:D

moparracing said:
too funny....... cool you admitted to it & posted times so it wasn't as it seemed........:D

:D Yeah i don't mind at all.. I'm only running tuning for 91 octane so i've got a lot of potential power to be released just not until after i get a proper tranny/rear end, also it doesn't hurt my feelings to see a RC Hemi right beside my 6000 pound 4 door family and trailer hauling truck... as the Power To Weight is pretty close when he's got a Turbo. ;)

I'm hoping to get back down to Calgary and run him again before the snow starts, maybe then i'll realize that it's a race haha,, i was honestly there only for times and trap speed. I lined up with a White Chev Diesel that i barely beat down the track but once you looked at our timeslips it wasn't even close... over 1/2 a second.

Hnrthefallen said:
exactly . . . it doesnt matter who won, the srt-10 looks exponentially better than the dodge. I havent heard the greatest things about STS either, so maybe that hemi is in a junkyard somewhere. :s:

STS isn't bad on most vehicles,, they just don't match up well with Vipers,, a huge tuning issue. As for the Hemi he's still going strong ;) That was a video from last Friday, July 27, 07.

Deibs said:
:D Yeah i don't mind at all.. I'm only running tuning for 91 octane so i've got a lot of potential power to be released just not until after i get a proper tranny/rear end, also it doesn't hurt my feelings to see a RC Hemi right beside my 6000 pound 4 door family and trailer hauling truck... as the Power To Weight is pretty close when he's got a Turbo. ;)

I'm hoping to get back down to Calgary and run him again before the snow starts, maybe then i'll realize that it's a race haha,, i was honestly there only for times and trap speed. I lined up with a White Chev Diesel that i barely beat down the track but once you looked at our timeslips it wasn't even close... over 1/2 a second.
so what's your take on your roe, was it worth it ?
i'm leaning toward one myself, but would like to see alittle more out of them than i've been hearing about......:dontknow:

The Roe is awesome! It's a perfect bolt on package, it's very easy to install, very,very,very easy to tune, and wont cost you a dime in other parts as it's setup to stay well below the limits of other parts.

I've had my truck parked beside a SRT-10 RC with a Paxton and i got almost twice the compliments,, from all age groups. It's just such a clean setup!!

But,,,,, If you want BIG #'s (700+) for bragging rights and the like, look to a Paxton or Twins, the Roe can only go so far and wont satisfy your need for ludicris speed. :) With that being said there is no reason at all that you could not take a Roe into the 11's,, 10's would need a lot of cash.

All in all,,
  • How much downtime can you afford?
  • How much money do you have?
  • Do you really need 700+ RWHP?
  • How many times in a month do you see yourself at a drag strip?
If you answer less then 2 then the Roe is a better choice as it's much more adept for the street.
  • Also can you afford it if $*&# breaks?
A Paxton or Twins get you into the grey/black area of stock parts
  • What kind of temperatures will you be driving in?
A Paxton is good till 27F after that the warranty wont apply
  • What is your end goal for the truck?
I know i'm setting up for 900 to 1000 RWHP in the end, and I already might have to change out the Roe.. A quick dicision now could cost a lot in the end..

Some things to think about, but if 600-700 HP can satisfy you then the Roe is just a no-brainer. :)

I heard they are making bigger pully for Roe to get 10psi:dontknow: :dontknow: , But must beef up internals 15-20k

nycstev said:
I heard they are making bigger pully for Roe to get 10psi:dontknow: :dontknow: , But must beef up internals 15-20k
Heh, twice now i've heard "bigger pully"

It's smaller ;) A smaller pully makes the screws turn faster! Remember in school, the pully system, bigger pully requires more turns to give the same results as a smaller pully,, although the bigger one uses less energy. :) (The whole "robbing power" issue with superchargers)

Yeah you will have to beef up internals quite a bit to handle,, the 15-20K would be a build made for Nitrous also though, i'd imagine you could get enough done to handle the 10PSI for around 10K, but then you need the Tranny and Rear end for another 10K. So 20K would be a good estimate.

Deibs said:
The Roe is awesome! It's a perfect bolt on package, it's very easy to install, very,very,very easy to tune, and wont cost you a dime in other parts as it's setup to stay well below the limits of other parts.

I've had my truck parked beside a SRT-10 RC with a Paxton and i got almost twice the compliments,, from all age groups. It's just such a clean setup!!

But,,,,, If you want BIG #'s (700+) for bragging rights and the like, look to a Paxton or Twins, the Roe can only go so far and wont satisfy your need for ludicris speed. :) With that being said there is no reason at all that you could not take a Roe into the 11's,, 10's would need a lot of cash.

All in all,,
  • How much downtime can you afford?
  • How much money do you have?
  • Do you really need 700+ RWHP?
  • How many times in a month do you see yourself at a drag strip?
If you answer less then 2 then the Roe is a better choice as it's much more adept for the street.
  • Also can you afford it if $*&# breaks?
A Paxton or Twins get you into the grey/black area of stock parts
  • What kind of temperatures will you be driving in?
A Paxton is good till 27F after that the warranty wont apply
  • What is your end goal for the truck?
I know i'm setting up for 900 to 1000 RWHP in the end, and I already might have to change out the Roe.. A quick dicision now could cost a lot in the end..

Some things to think about, but if 600-700 HP can satisfy you then the Roe is just a no-brainer. :)
all good points & the reasons i'm leaning toward roe..... the hp is what i'm curious about: 600-700 rwhp ? i've only heard of prof claiming that, others were in the low 500's........
not sure i like the cutting into my wire harness to install vec3........ had any problems with that ?
"A Paxton is good till 27F after that the warranty wont apply" huh ?

Well pretty much everyone with a Roe is a QC, and Sean is too afraid of the diesel tranny not being able to put up with the huge torque/hp.. a diesel has the roughly the same torque just not the same kinda HP.

600 can be done especially with a RC, it just will require tuning and higher then 91 octane,, 94 would be awesome to have... :(

I was told that driving around in my Canadian weather up to -20 Celcius that Paxton wouldn't warranty anything.. that was not from any Vendor on here or any SRT-10 site.

The VecIII is a pain but when your other choice is an AEM system that runs close to 4K... well :dontknow:

I will probably get a Roe unit for my quad cab as well and full billet trans to with it!

Deibs said:
Well pretty much everyone with a Roe is a QC, and Sean is too afraid of the diesel tranny not being able to put up with the huge torque/hp.. a diesel has the roughly the same torque just not the same kinda HP.

600 can be done especially with a RC, it just will require tuning and higher then 91 octane,, 94 would be awesome to have... :(

I was told that driving around in my Canadian weather up to -20 Celcius that Paxton wouldn't warranty anything.. that was not from any Vendor on here or any SRT-10 site.

The VecIII is a pain but when your other choice is an AEM system that runs close to 4K... well :dontknow:
The ROE with the standard tuning card will net you low 500s rwhp. Joe Donovan just got somewhere around 550 rwhp out of one with his precision tuning. The QCs just don't make the power levels that a RC makes because of the tranny and the additional drive train losses. RC's with ROEs seem to be making 620s or so with the standard tuning.

nycstev said:

I wonder who has a bigger boosting pully?! :D;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back