Hemi Ram VS SRT-10

490 on my QC.

I did add a billet tranny to it since that dyno, and I got a personalized tune from Sean based on my dyno runs. On Aug 13th I will be on the dyno for a 1 1/2 hour tune session. We will test out some things and try to fine tune the base tune I have. I will be data logging everything. The logs will be sent to PBJ for analysis. Pending the results, He may fly out here and tune her for me.

Moparracing, get the ROE installed. Then we can get PBJ to tune 2 trucks at the same time.

nycstev said:
I heard they are making bigger pully for Roe to get 10psi:dontknow: :dontknow: , But must beef up internals 15-20k
Exotic Engine quoted me a build range of 9K - 12K. That does not count pulling, installing, and tuning. DCPerformance is going to give me that estimate next week.

Deibs said:
Oh Oh Oh,, not me :)

So how much is that bad boy putting down? With those forged and tranny you gotta be 7's?

I had to regrind one (pulley). The one that Mike (1Fast) had didn't align properly with the other belts. Ripped up the belt on my dyno runs, still held but was slipping. I sent my stocker to Sean to regrind. Just put it back on and tuning it now. Did a NOS run last night with no issues. It's a bit more difficult to tune now with boost and the VEC, one variable affects another.

Stock up on belts if you mess with the pulleys, can't hurt to have an extra anyway.

The part number was 7PK 2345 (Bando). I had a hard time finding it, so I put on a 2300 mmeter belt on, plus I put on another belt tensioner in addition to the 2 on the Roe kit.

ViperTruck2933 said:
The ROE with the standard tuning card will net you low 500s rwhp. Joe Donovan just got somewhere around 550 rwhp out of one with his precision tuning. The QCs just don't make the power levels that a RC makes because of the tranny and the additional drive train losses. RC's with ROEs seem to be making 620s or so with the standard tuning.
well that makes me feel better about the roe........:D

tinygiants said:
Exotic Engine quoted me a build range of 9K - 12K. That does not count pulling, installing, and tuning. DCPerformance is going to give me that estimate next week.
why are you wanting to build your engine, dale ? are you intending a bigger boost pulley in the future ?

moparracing said:
why are you wanting to build your engine, dale ? are you intending a bigger boost pulley in the future ?
I want more power. As my engine sits, it is weaker than the average. With my SC it is above average, but well below most SC.

A build by exotic engine would give me a solid build capable of anything I can throw at it. It would give me a guaranteed starting point versus the weak point I am now. I asked Kevin and Dan for 700 at the wheels. They felt I could get there with no problem, and I would have room to grow (smaller boost pully, N2O).

I believe DC uses Exotic Engine for the motor builds. At least that is who they are talking about doing mine (if I can swing it). It will be between 9 - 12K.

Deibs said:
Bahhahaha that's me!!!!!!!!!!

Omg that was a joke, i didn't know what was going on,, my first time to the track ever.. i think that was my second race. Anyways, all night my best RT time was a .430 :D It was like stage, stage, y,y,y, G and i'm still sitting there thinking.. oh crap i better go.

As for the times they were not reset, you can see that the 15's are already posted while we were half way down the track, as for that night i ran a best of 13.558 and he ran a 13.602 so i still got him :)

It was a bad night for fast times,, most people were almost a full second higher then usual, too hot to be racing and i was hotlapping my truck like a crazy man.. 20-30 mins between passes.. plus the 2 hour drive getting to the track sure didn't help any, this Friday will be much better.

That turbo farm truck went pretty good, but you should have slaughtered him Shane. :)

As for the white Duramax, that guys leaves at 20 lbs. of boost in 4x4 (it is only a matter of time before it leaves this world). It goes pretty good though and he is a great guy to talk to. He just gets pissed when my wife hammers him in my SRT-10. Funny they don't ban him because the way the front tires lean when he launches, he WILL pull a tie rod end out (I've seen it before in the Chevy/GMC diesels). The guy also cuts a good light and has a sub 2.0 60 foot; but I have him by 6 M.P.H. through the traps on a cool evening. Diesels seem to like the heat and driving into a headwind!

C Ya Friday

Ron

Last edited:
That's the kind of stuff that causes what happened to me this afternoon. I was headed south on I-45 when a QC Nightrunner came out of nowhere and started driving real stupid with the other motorists around. I didn't bother with him because first of all there were too many other vehicles and I thought it was probably an SRT Nightrunner so a contest would be a bit redundant in my opinion. Well, upon careful examination of the truck I determined that it was probably the HEMI version. He continued to weave in and out of traffic and reving his engine (must have shifted into neutral for that) as if he had no damn sense. Low and behold I get a clear lane in front of me for at least 3/4 miles. By now I was doing about 65-70ish in 6th gear. I slammed the gen II down into 3rd, caught a tiny scratch and lunged ahead with an incredible roar (finally a chance to test the Centerforce and X-Metal TB). After that little display from #1900 the Nightrunner yielded and never tried to catch up until he got off at the 610 interchange.

More and more SRTs are not being driven as they should so the end result is something like a turbo diesel coming close to stomping the 10's guts out. Even if the RC HEMI got the jump< that QC should have launched out the hole with a definate win. :dontknow: I just don't understand it..

tinygiants said:
I want more power. As my engine sits, it is weaker than the average. With my SC it is above average, but well below most SC.

A build by exotic engine would give me a solid build capable of anything I can throw at it. It would give me a guaranteed starting point versus the weak point I am now. I asked Kevin and Dan for 700 at the wheels. They felt I could get there with no problem, and I would have room to grow (smaller boost pully, N2O).
Exotic Engines, do they need your ingine to build or is it a core swap out ?? Are they located in southern Cal like DC Performance ? Did you say DC Performance was going to do the engine pull/install with your Roe & tune it for you ?

Venom Power said:
More and more SRTs are not being driven as they should so the end result is something like a turbo diesel coming close to stomping the 10's guts out. Even if the RC HEMI got the jump< that QC should have launched out the hole with a definate win. :dontknow: I just don't understand it..
Lol how else could i drive it.. auto's are pretty easy. :)

There is a lot that can be done to my truck still.. i have no traction bars and it's still stock height/shocks. I was launching no more then 1000 RPM, anything more and it'd just sit and spin until i let off a bit. I'd love to go race the HEMI again and cut a lot better light,, but like i said it was my first time EVER!! at a 1/4 mile track so i really had no clue as to how the lights even worked... my best RT was a .430 as i mentioned before.

Heck i wasn't even aware that we were Racing!! I thought it was all about ET not who crossed the line first.. haha, i felt like such a newbie out there.

moparracing said:
Exotic Engines, do they need your ingine to build or is it a core swap out ?? Are they located in southern Cal like DC Performance ? Did you say DC Performance was going to do the engine pull/install with your Roe & tune it for you ?

They need your engine and yeah they will tune it for you with a VECIII.

42095 Zevo Drive, Unit A6
Temecula, CA

Map:
http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point...Dr, Temecula, CA 92590-3741, United States___

rottenronnie said:
That turbo farm truck went pretty good, but you should have slaughtered him Shane. :)

Yeah he's got such a huge power to weight advantage... :( But then again what use is a 2 door truck in Alberta? :)

Deibs said:
Yeah he's got such a huge power to weight advantage... :( But then again what use is a 2 door truck in Alberta? :)

I know, I'm just diggin' at ya' to fix your truck, we both know there is a lot more in there. You had fun, that's the main thing...

A few years back, I hadn't been down the track in 34 YEARS and I was a bit "rusty". You did a lot better than I did.

It is supposed to be 32 at Bud Park on Friday; we just can't get a break from the heat this year...

Ron

moparracing said:
I am looking in to it. I called Dan at DC today. He will talk to Kevin at exotic tomorrow and have a estimate for me next week. The plan I am trying to put together is to have DC remove the engine and send it to Exotic. Exotic will build it. DC will install it and make any other needed upgrades such as fuel system. DC will then do a dyno tune using my VEC III.

All this is pending my budget. I still have to eat and pay bills :)

Bone said:
I had to regrind one (pulley). The one that Mike (1Fast) had didn't align properly with the other belts. Ripped up the belt on my dyno runs, still held but was slipping. I sent my stocker to Sean to regrind. Just put it back on and tuning it now. Did a NOS run last night with no issues. It's a bit more difficult to tune now with boost and the VEC, one variable affects another.

Stock up on belts if you mess with the pulleys, can't hurt to have an extra anyway.

The part number was 7PK 2345 (Bando). I had a hard time finding it, so I put on a 2300 mmeter belt on, plus I put on another belt tensioner in addition to the 2 on the Roe kit.

Yeah that's what i remember hearing, the higher the boost the more slippage the Roe tended to have. I should have said commented before but your setup is what i've been using as a template for my own.. :) Everything has been done properly and no shortcuts taken from the looks of it!! Awesome job on everything well except you should have done it on an '06 ;)

rottenronnie said:
It is supposed to be 32 at Bud Park on Friday; we just can't get a break from the heat this year...

Ron
Yeah i was looking at that.. disgusting.. :mad: Why couldn't it be like Today or Yesterday... my truck was reading 59 degrees this morning!! Boy did she love that.

Oh and i forgot to apologize for the Cell phone,, i was up near Onoway and was skipping in and out of service.

TinyGiants said:
All this is pending my budget. I still have to eat and pay bills :)

That's what the food bank is for :) Just remember to not drive up in the truck, they get mad.. i dunno why.

Deibs said:
Yeah i was looking at that.. disgusting.. :mad: Why couldn't it be like Today or Yesterday... my truck was reading 59 degrees this morning!! Boy did she love that.

Oh and i forgot to apologize for the Cell phone,, i was up near Onoway and was skipping in and out of service.

That's what the food bank is for :) Just remember to not drive up in the truck, they get mad.. i dunno why.

No Problem;
Yeah, I had 2 good runs with an SRT-8 Charger on 52nd in the cooler air on a return trip from Tim's. He didn't like the outcome...:) Those things don't seem to be near as fast as the Grand Cherokees. There is a "stocker?" running 13.8 @ 103 in Edmonton on a consistent basis.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back