High Capacity Oil Filter Mod!

GutsyGecko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An Amsoil EA026 is a direct replacement for our filters. This new filter brings total oil capacity to exactly 10 quarts. Some stats for this massive filter.

Height (in): 6.982 in.
Outside Diameter (in): 3.663 in.
Relief Valve Open (psi): 8-11 psi
Anti-Drainback Valve: Yes
Smallest Particle Filtered: 98.7% at 20 microns!!!!!!!!
Maximum Burst Pressure (psi): 290 psi
Thread Size: 3/4-16 in.
Gasket Outside Diameter (in): 2.834 in.
Gasket Inside Diameter (in): 2.462 in.
Gasket Thickness (in): 0.200 in.

Cost for this filter is about $20. I currently have one installed, and it works. There is no chatter after start up like some other non-mopar filters. It filters much better than the stock filter, and has nearly double the flow rate and capacity. It still sits a good 1-2 inches above the frame, so it is plenty protected. The extra capacity will help with cooling and filtering. Maybe a vendor wants to start selling these?

Nice! You should get some installed pics for the skeptics around here. ;)

Sweet!! That's great info!!! I was looking for a replacement since I blew out a K&N gasket last year and made a mess under the hood, I'm gonna give one of those filters a try.
Any difference in oil pressure?

Oil pressure seems to be normal from what I've read. 75 psi idle cold. About the same as the mopar that came with the truck. I'll get working on pics in a few minutes.

ya have an '04 or early '05???

I use a FilterMag on a white Viper filter but I like the sound of this. Did this on my Hemi to increase capacity. My 04 "whined" when cold until I switched to the white filter, does this one flow equally to that one?????

I have a 05 RC. This filter flows around 9 gallons per minute. I believe our stock white viper filters flow 5. It does not whine on start up. To pre-fill the filter during oil changes, it takes a full quart to get it mostly filled. I would guess the capacity is around 1.5qt.

Last edited:
image-3.jpg

Here is the filter. (steering rack bushings and jmb hoses) I'm working on a crazy purple/orange color scheme.

Stock idle PSI is 75??

Just checked mine. On a cold engine it's around 60 psi. IS that a problem???

Stock idle PSI is 75??

mine is 90ish cold & 60ish hot:rock::rock:

Stock idle PSI is 75??

It also depends on the viscosity of oil you are running, thicker oil will result in higher oil pressure and vice versa.

It also depends on the viscosity of oil you are running, thicker oil will result in higher oil pressure and vice versa.

5W-40 here. :rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back