High Capacity Oil Filter Mod!

Honestly don't see why it's not a great source for extra oil capacity and filtration. Very nice IMO. Of course I have 108k on Viper and 090 filters so dunno that I'd change that. :dontknow:

there's no way I'm leaving my oil filter on for 25k miles let alone 12k... I don't care who makes the filter.

I would not suggested leaving the filter for 25k. I leave mine for 3 oil changes. 7-9k miles each. Oil filters actually filter better the more they load up. At 10k the filter still has plenty of life left, but that is my personal limit.

Millions of cars will go 300k on conventional and shitty jiffy lube filters. It's just a personal choice in if you want the best. I posted to show other "super premium" options for those who really want the last word in absolute filtration. If this is you, look no further.

If you aren't interested in the high capacity filter, use either the amsoil eao that the website lists for our truck, or a royal purple filter listed for our truck.

There have been engine failures due to using "OTHER" oil filters. Sometimes it's just noisy, other times they crack, some leak, some reduce oil flow and/or pressure. Use the recommended MOPAR oil filter for best results.

There have been engine failures due to using "OTHER" oil filters. Sometimes it's just noisy, other times they crack, some leak, some reduce oil flow and/or pressure. Use the recommended MOPAR oil filter for best results.

While using oem filters will no doubt give you what you need, cost does play a factor in the use of them. There are other filter that have thicker cases, better media, silicone adbv, and many other features not found on OE filters.

While using oem filters will no doubt give you what you need, cost does play a factor in the use of them. There are other filter that have thicker cases, better media, silicone adbv, and many other features not found on OE filters.

I agree some are. Who is willing to take the gamble over saving a few bucks? Hell we didn't buy these trucks to be cost effective. Maybe we should start a oil filter thread with what filters are proven good and which are not.

Amsoil, royal purple, and k&n all have extremely thick cases. (Flow)
Amsoil and royal purple have great full syn media (filtration and flow)

Those are the only ones I've tried.

Been running the filter for 12k miles now. Still working great. I realized I should post some decent non-installed pics for size comparison. Here it is!

image-4.jpg

Could you do that with our engines though?

I'm by far no way knowledgeable in the area of oil life but it would still be the same oil(a little more) circulating through the engine. I guess carrying more oil could last a little longer but not 4x as long as normal.

Its a sincere question

Could you do that with our engines though?

I'm by far no way knowledgeable in the area of oil life but it would still be the same oil(a little more) circulating through the engine. I guess carrying more oil could last a little longer but not 4x as long as normal.

Its a sincere question

I'm guessing he ment he has done 4 oil changes with these filters?

I'm guessing he ment he has done 4 oil changes with these filters?

Maybe, the way I read it though comes off as only running the same filter for 12k. I'm interested because if we could safely extend oil changes to every 12k you would save money and time.

Maybe, the way I read it though comes off as only running the same filter for 12k. I'm interested because if we could safely extend oil changes to every 12k you would save money and time.

No!!! Don't do that! I use the same amsoil oversize filter for 3 oil changes! Each filter gets changed every 3 oil changes!

I have been using amsoil cents I bought my truck in 05 I use amsoil racing with the eropen dlend I had no problems with them I have over 107566 miles on my truck I use the tran oil to. The trans is more sticker

How much did it raise the oil capacity?
I know you said 10 total, but that's what the 06's are from the factory so they would be higher.

Anybody know what/if the difference between 04/05 and the 06 are? Do the earlier models hold less oil?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back