High Capacity Oil Filter Mod!

My pressure was taken off a 70 degree cold start with 5w-50. The bottom hose clamp is fubar and I need to replace it! It leaks!

I like this idea, Im actually dreaming up a remote oil filter using TWO of these in a location that is away from the engine and gets a lot of wind. The added amount of oil along with the filters being cooled off would result in better temps. Only drawback would be the long oil lines, dual high capacity filters, and the amount of freakin oil it would take to fill it all. But theoretically, its a great idea. We'll see

Amsoil has remote filter/bypass kits you just need the fittint sizes and hose lengths. Looked into this when I had my Hemi truck, initial investment is around $450 to do it right.

I like this idea, Im actually dreaming up a remote oil filter using TWO of these in a location that is away from the engine and gets a lot of wind. The added amount of oil along with the filters being cooled off would result in better temps. Only drawback would be the long oil lines, dual high capacity filters, and the amount of freakin oil it would take to fill it all. But theoretically, its a great idea. We'll see

Amsoil has remote filter/bypass kits you just need the fittint sizes and hose lengths. Looked into this when I had my Hemi truck, initial investment is around $450 to do it right.

The truck has an oil cooler and almost 10qts of fluid capacity, what would you think there would be to gain from that? Just seems like extra places to start leaking oil without much gain in anything.

I plan on changing my oil soon, so i may look into doing this bigger filter. I was going to go with amsoil anyway. My mechanic used to swear by Wix filters, but tried out an amsoil filter, and ended up switching all of his vehicles over to amsoil.

Your radiator hose clamps are installed all messed up, you should have them pointing the same direction and in line with each other. ;)

I'd clean the oil smudges on the filter too! Lol :D Oh! And touch up the paint that chipped off!

Last edited:
Been running the filter for 12k miles now. Still working great. I realized I should post some decent non-installed pics for size comparison. Here it is!

image-4.jpg

Cut the next one open and lets see what kind of job it is doing and what it is made of.

Amsoil filters use Donaldson Synteq media, and are manufactured by Champion Labs. Same case construction as Royal purple filters. It's a fully synthetic wire mesh backed glass media.

image-3.jpg

Here is the filter. (steering rack bushings and jmb hoses) I'm working on a crazy purple/orange color scheme.

looks like a Wix filter in that photo:dontknow:

They have wire backed micro-glass media (i.e. nanofiber), silicone ADBVs, and nice thick canisters and base plates with something like a 600 psi burst pressure.

ISO 4548-12 multi-pass results:

25 microns it is 99% efficient
20 microns it is 98.7% efficient
10 microns it is 80% efficient

An excellent though expensive oil filter.

Yes. In that pic was a wix 51773 for test fitting purposes. Don't use that for an amount of time. It only filters to 40 micron!!! It was only installed because it was 1/4 cost of the amsoil to verify all worked as intended.

Yes. In that pic was a wix 51773 for test fitting purposes. :rock::rock::rock:Don't use that for an amount of time.:rock::rock::rock: It only filters to 40 micron!!! It was only installed because it was 1/4 cost of the amsoil to verify all worked as intended.

i agree with ya:rock::rock:

have ya pulled any oil samples, like before & after???

I haven't bothered to pull sample from my truck as the oil gets killed by fuel dilution by 3-4k anyway. But in my modified 4.6 2V amsoil eao11 dropped wear metals in the oil by 30% or so.

I haven't bothered to pull sample from my truck as the oil gets killed by fuel dilution by 3-4k anyway. But in my modified 4.6 2V amsoil eao11 dropped wear metals in the oil by 30% or so.

sweet:rock::rock::rock:

I just went to the AmSoil site and checked the application. It says our trucks take EAO42 for the P/N for our filter?

I just went to the AmSoil site and checked the application. It says our trucks take EAO42 for the P/N for our filter?

He is aware of this but what he found is another filter that we can use that allows us to a little extra oil and filtering that's all.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back