High Mileage Observation...

WHY? Was it driven extremely hard/raced or just bad luck. Curious.
Thanks.

If you do a scan thru of every blown motor thread you'll find the common denominator is the added forced induction. :)

I have seen a truck for sale at a dealership with 207,000 miles.

There was a member here who posted a pic of his odometer when it hit 200k a few years ago

Thewelshm

I'm at 164,000 miles and did an oil change today. Noticed my first engine problem...drivers side valve cover is leaking a bit. The horror!! Can't believe I have to change a valve cover gasket with less than 200K miles. :D

My local dealer has a set in stock so I figured I'd replace both. Anything I should be looking at, for etc while the covers are off? TIA

I'm at 164,000 miles and did an oil change today. Noticed my first engine problem...drivers side valve cover is leaking a bit. The horror!! Can't believe I have to change a valve cover gasket with less than 200K miles. :D

My local dealer has a set in stock so I figured I'd replace both. Anything I should be looking at, for etc while the covers are off? TIA

I like to depress the tip of each rocker by hand with thumb. If any lifter budges replace it. I'd plan to do them eventually anyways. Valve springs and pushrods at least IMO. You'll be happy you did.

check the tightness of the bolts. I have seen a few with loose bolts and they were the cause of the leak. Not that you shouldn't replace the gaskets, just an observation I have seen.

Since your valve covers will be off i would check head bolts. My heads were leaking and thought it was the gasket but the bolt on the rear driver side head was loose also same thing on another guys truck. I replaced head gaskets anyways

i really wish i still had my 05...

but i rolled my second 10 over the magic 100k this week... so there's that...

congrats chuck!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back