Horrible News

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got an unsolicited update to my auto insurance policy. I had an accident the day before i deployed back in october. The investigation determined i was only 49% at fault, and in florida, that is not at fault. My insurance premium did not change.

Now that i have my new Srt-10, they went through my file, and some policy manager reviewed the investigation and put me 100% at fault. I agree with him on the legal aspect, he is right. The insurance bureau already has the update, and every quote i have got today, is even higher than what my company is increasing me.

When i determined i could purchase my new truck, i was able to insure it for $80 a month. After the policy update, my premium increased over 300 a month. When i move to DC in november its going to go up another 60. This does not even account for my Nitro and Durango. I will be paying over 500 a month in insurance.

That puts this truck costing me $1150 a month (Payments, insurance, fuel) plus oil changes tires, and maintenance.

The worse of it, my wife told me after i got the truck home, she wants to go back to dental school next fall. With everything calculated im just under being able to keep us afloat on my income alone.

I dont know what im going to do at this point, but it looks like i have fucked myself again.

Last edited:
Is the truck your daily driver?
Mine and the Chally is listed as a garage queen. Driven less than 5000 miles a year.
I am paying like $500 a year. Clean record though. But listing it as a garage queen dropped it alot.

I would have been 114 a month for all 3 vehicles, but with the accident it skyrocketed. I wish they could have told me this shit, when i got the quote before i bought the fucker.

those quotes sound ridiculous to me! i still have a wreckless driving ticket on my record and an at fault accident and i have 3 vehicles with full coverage and i dont pay that much!

StateFarm, progressive, Geico, allstate, ive called them all. They give me a great rate until they run my record then it goes out of control.

I pay $143 a mouth for my truck and $210 for the wifey max. They got you good for just one accident. That sucks man.

I pay 160 a month for mine and the wifes pathfinder. Maybe list it under your wife as the primary driver...:dontknow:

Search for Specialty Car Insurance.
Call places like Hagerty, JCTaylor.
I see you have 2 other cars. Don't list it as a daily driver.

i pay 200 a month for full coverage on 3 cars/truck with 250/500 deductables through statefarm and just like Wes one of my cars is considered a "Garage Queen." That lowered my cost 60 a month doing that.

call 21st century 800-381-5407. this is the number for Dodge Owners. i could not find anyone who could come close. they also have an agreement with Dodge that all factory parts must be used for repairs.

I pay 160 a month for mine and the wifes pathfinder. Maybe list it under your wife as the primary driver...:dontknow:

That's what I did years ago . They didn't even care who the other drivers were. They didn't even need my name on the policy.

call 21st century 800-381-5407. this is the number for Dodge Owners. i could not find anyone who could come close. they also have an agreement with Dodge that all factory parts must be used for repairs.

Are you sure about that? I've been having my wife call around to get different quotes and 21st Century told her that they dont even write policies on SRT's. Actually one other company told her the same.

You said u were in an accident before you were deployed....and now u are having insurance trouble...called for quotes. Since your in the service, have u tried USAA?? I got it thru my grandfather....we have a srt10 with full coverage, charger with full coverage, and a blazer with loaning and we r paying around $250 a month in jersey. They might be able to help

You said u were in an accident before you were deployed....and now u are having insurance trouble...called for quotes. Since your in the service, have u tried USAA?? I got it thru my grandfather....we have a srt10 with full coverage, charger with full coverage, and a blazer with loaning and we r paying around $250 a month in jersey. They might be able to help

Its USAA who put me in this. They quoted what i was going to pay for this truck. After i bought the truck, signed the policy, made my first payment, it got audited, they reviewed the accident investigation notes, determined i was 100% at fault then burned me. I had a small claim 4 years ago for bumping a motorcycle in a parking lot. Small damage, i called them they said the value was so low it wouldnt even effect my rates, so i said fix it. Evidently they counted the accident, and gave me accident forgiveness. When they determined my recent wreck was 100% the old wreck came back up and is now being counted. Im fucked both ways.

Are you sure about that? I've been having my wife call around to get different quotes and 21st Century told her that they dont even write policies on SRT's. Actually one other company told her the same.

100% i have had them for over 3 years. They insure my 10, benz and Grand Cherokee

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back