HP and Performance build...

faslane505 said:
Troy Buff (who drives the BME TF dragster). Him and his father, Willard Buff (NHRA hall of famer) own a machine shop in Spring Tx. Heads are going to the flow shop this week

So will you give details on yours or at least PM them to me?:dontknow: What rockers are you using?

I got into a similar discussion with one of the other members here a while ago about Strikers vs. ported o.e.m. heads.

Here are some facts-

Jeff Morys (JM Cylinder heads) designed the original o.e.m. Viper heads and he sells ported versions of these heads.

He also sells Striker heads because of the limitations of the ported o.e.m. heads.

Jeff also works with Roush and NASCAR in cylinder head development.

It isn't hard to get big flow numbers from a set of performance cylinder heads. Whether they make good power with more flow is the issue here.

Jeff told me you won't get an honest 300 c.f.m. out of a set of ported o.e.m. Viper heads and I tend to believe him.

Is it a good idea and worthwhile to port a set of o.e.m. heads? Sure it is. Will it provide more power? Yes, if the porter doesn't go too far.

Will the ported o.e.m. heads outperform an off-the-shelf set of Striker heads?
No, they won't.

Are the Strikers more expensive than porting a set of o.e.m. heads? Probably.

Is the extra money worth it? It depends on what you are after.

I can tell you what you won't get with ported o.e.m. heads- The MUCH straighter intake port; the fast-burn combustion chamber, lower operating temps due to the redesigned coolant passages or the thicker decks.

I use and sell Striker Head and Cam packages. They work well.

Ronnie

Last edited:
pirateman said:
I will get the dyno sheet posted monday. I dont think anyone here has ran the compression ratio that i have either.But all of this is coming from a guy who cant wash his own truck
wow, personal attacks, very big of you:top:

kyle's srt10 said:
So will you give details on yours or at least PM them to me?:dontknow: What rockers are you using?

once i get them in...ill share them Kyle.

Kyle, dont kid yourself you know your gonna want a s/c again;) pistons are a must the rods I have been told as of late are actually capable of 800plus. But the rods are the cheaper part 3k and your good to go;) N/A is good, but the WHOOOOOOOP is better. For the n/a's that beat the roe, just aint found the right driver:marchmellow: stay under 10 on comp you will be able to still fi.

K1 rods and wiseco just ask the stinker man. IMO Ill put the wiseco up against any of the rest. JMO

and then for the topper 3.73 in stead of the granny gear 4.88 and n/a's will have to goe NOS to catch ya:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

pirateman said:
I will get the dyno sheet posted monday. I dont think anyone here has ran the compression ratio that i have either.But all of this is coming from a guy who cant wash his own truck

some people have more time than others.. an i happen to enjoy detailing and plus i hooked him up on it. anyway thats besides the point...... i'm not calling you a liar but i would like to know how you did it? i mean make 100 more hp than the next highest N/A truck on the board.... compression ratio makes a big deal but not 100 more HP diffrence... i just want to know how you made that much power with the mods done?...... i'm at a 10.3CR with a cam to match the ported heads an only made 527 on a Conservative tune... also about 6 to 8 months back you claimed to have run in the 11's on motor with street tires i believe.an we never saw a time slip... i want to believe that happend.. but there no proof.. if your making that much more power just because of CR ,.. then more power to ya but i don't see it

Edit- My heads and cam were ported and custom cam was made to the heads by Greg Good

Kyle, here are the numbers of my factory ported heads. They should be vey close to the Strykers.

Lift int.(cfm) exh.(cfm)

.100 87.8- 73.3
.200 143.2- 131.5
.300 202.8- 169.8
.400 257.8- 207.4
.500 298.2- 220.1
.600 323.4- 223.7
.700 336.5- 235.3

blackviper said:
Kyle, here are the numbers of my factory ported heads. They should be vey close to the Strykers.

Lift int.(cfm) exh.(cfm)

.100 87.8- 73.3
.200 143.2- 131.5
.300 202.8- 169.8
.400 257.8- 207.4
.500 298.2- 220.1
.600 323.4- 223.7
.700 336.5- 235.3

Black...are those the same heads i sold you?

DevilDawg3097 said:
Kyle, dont kid yourself you know your gonna want a s/c again;) pistons are a must the rods I have been told as of late are actually capable of 800plus. But the rods are the cheaper part 3k and your good to go;) N/A is good, but the WHOOOOOOOP is better. For the n/a's that beat the roe, just aint found the right driver:marchmellow: stay under 10 on comp you will be able to still fi.

K1 rods and wiseco just ask the stinker man. IMO Ill put the wiseco up against any of the rest. JMO

and then for the topper 3.73 in stead of the granny gear 4.88 and n/a's will have to goe NOS to catch ya:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

The SC'r with forging the bottom end goes beyond what I want to spend right now:( I may not get the whoop whooop but I will however get the thumpidy thump!!!:D

kyle's srt10 said:
The SC'r with forging the bottom end goes beyond what I want to spend right now:( I may not get the whoop whooop but I will however get the thumpidy thump!!!:D

WORD...

kyle's srt10 said:
What do you consider the bottom? rods and pistons still gotta be changed if your goal is 600 n/a. at least pistons.

Black...are those the same heads i sold you?

Yes they are. Had some additional porting done and replaced the complete valvetrain. They were flowed by Wilson Manifolds in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

The only thing we reused were the Crowers and the castings. Everything else was either replaced or redone.

Made my decision:D

Now just gotta convince wifey......:( :D I'll just tell her it can be my christmas and birthday present.:idea: YEA RIGHT!!!

pirateman said:
you cant even produce a build sheet for shotty work you did,now you have time to dyno your truck,make sure its a video dyno,k

kyle's srt10 said:
Made my decision:D

Now just gotta convince wifey......:( :D I'll just tell her it can be my christmas and birthday present.:idea: YEA RIGHT!!!

Good luck with that,:p and happy bday and marry Xmas!!!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back