HP and Performance build...

kyle's srt10 said:
Talked with Joe at PPJ today!!:rock:

Uh, you talked to who? Good luck with that. ;)

You should seriously consider coated bearings and piston skirts. A reduction in friction is just that much less parasitic HP loss, and the engine should last longer. Also consider coating the piston decks with ceramic material to help prevent hot-spotting/detonation.

Giving this thread a bump:burnout: This seems to be an interesting topic:)

Still going the NA route EXCEPT with the NR instead.:rock: Still haven't decided on heads yet strikers,JM stage 3,Greg Good:dontknow: I do know that this will all be done at once. I'm planning on maybe mid to end summer install.

Jeff Morys quoted me an awesome price on strikers,rockers,push rods,valve cover spacers,cam,gaskets,and spark plugs.:rock: Not much more than his stage III heads by the time you add everything.

Kinda been waiting on Tony's heads to see how they turn out:D I'm in no real hurry. I plan on only breakin into this engine once. I want it reliable none of the SC'r,turbo,nos stuff:(

Here are my other mods I'm incorporating with the heads/cam;)

Coated mopar long tubes with catless mids
Form & Function ported Intake
Stinkers Demon coils/wires
SCT tuner OR DC tune (undecided)

The NR made 430/460 with ONLY magnaflow catback and JMB CAI so that gives me a baseline to go from.

Who or what is Strikers?? :confused:

I'm getting lost in this so interesting topic...

birelboy said:
Who or what is Strikers?? :confused:

I'm getting lost in this so interesting topic...

Strikers are, to my knowledge, the only after market heads for the Viper engine.

the folks that have them only have great things to say bout them & the checkin on them they do look & sound very impressive

:rock: :rock: :rock:

what compression are you gonna running?
haven't heard of anyone going wild like 12.5:1 running race gas but I would love to see it, someone needs to break the 700hp N/A mark and run 11s all day

rottenronnie said:
Regardless of who's heads you choose, just don't fall into the trap of thinking that the more peak flow the better (for power)...

http://www.dartheads.com/news_article_view.php?nak=49

Ronnie

For me it's a hard choice. I have trucks and numbers to compare to on JM stage III and the GG heads but nothing to compare on the strikers:( Now there is your truck BUT it's a QC and your mods aren't compairable to what I'm going to be doing. I don't know of anyone who has done a NA build on a RC truck with the Strikers on a stock bottom end:dontknow:

Now Ronnie the numbers and track times on your truck are very impressive:rock: 566rwhp in a QC is AWESOME! Now with my truck being a RC and I'm using longtubes and a fully ported intake seems that my numbers "could" be in the 600rwhp or over range:dontknow: I'm not to stuck on numbers. I myself just want something that appears stock and is very streetable. The lope at idle will be dead give away though:( :marchmellow:

kyle's srt10 said:
For me it's a hard choice. I have trucks and numbers to compare to on JM stage III and the GG heads but nothing to compare on the strikers:( Now there is your truck BUT it's a QC and your mods aren't compairable to what I'm going to be doing. I don't know of anyone who has done a NA build on a RC truck with the Strikers on a stock bottom end:dontknow:

Now Ronnie the numbers and track times on your truck are very impressive:rock: 566rwhp in a QC is AWESOME! Now with my truck being a RC and I'm using longtubes and a fully ported intake seems that my numbers "could" be in the 600rwhp or over range:dontknow: I'm not to stuck on numbers. I myself just want something that appears stock and is very streetable. The lope at idle will be dead give away though:( :marchmellow:

Kyle,

I hope you read the link in post 46.

It isn't a hard choice- Go with the heads (and cam) that actually make the most POWER that are within your budget..

Aughh- 577 wheel :D

Ronnie

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
Kyle,

I hope you read the link in post 46.

It isn't a hard choice- Go with the heads (and cam) that actually make the most POWER that are within your budget..

Aughh- 577 wheel :D

Ronnie

Yep, I read the link;)

I'm pretty sure I'll go with the strikers. Jeff quoted me a pretty sweet deal on everything I need including gaskets and spark plugs:rock:

Now I just gotta wait until I sell #2596 before any of this happens:D

kyle's srt10 said:
Yep, I read the link;)

I'm pretty sure I'll go with the strikers. Jeff quoted me a pretty sweet deal on everything I need including gaskets and spark plugs:rock:

Now I just gotta wait until I sell #2596 before any of this happens:D

I just received a set that are going on a 2005 car in a road racing app.

The intake looks like this: Well, kind of, they are not really sideways.. :D
It is hard to tell but that valve is quite a ways in there...awesome CNC work...

Attachments

• 2005_VPR_RR.jpg
    2005_VPR_RR.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
It's within reach now..........:D :aetsch:

What am I going to do??:dontknow: :D :D

kyle's srt10 said:
Loved the Roe but I'm not spending 8k on forging and 5k on a Roe:eek:

Why not? Wouldn't you make more power for less going that route:dontknow:

I would go for a full forged N/A engine.
And when u got the hang of that.. SC it!:rock:

Kyle, with the Stryker heads I would forge it, bump up the compression and get a custom ground cam. You could make 600 rwhp and have a BEAST of a truck. ;) My 535 rwhp N/A truck beat at 620 rwhp Paxton truck in every race that we ran. :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Kyle, with the Stryker heads I would forge it, bump up the compression and get a custom ground cam. You could make 600 rwhp and have a BEAST of a truck. ;) My 535 rwhp N/A truck beat at 620 rwhp Paxton truck in every race that we ran. :rock:

Sorry for my ignorance but why is that?

Troy's QC SRT said:
Sorry for my ignorance but why is that?

I would guess it would be a traction issue,the N/A would hook better and then go and the paxton would be wiping his feet :burnout: while the N/A pulls away:dontknow: . Try a 60MPH rolling start and the results might be different:dontknow:

Yellow venom said:
I would guess it would be a traction issue,the N/A would hook better and then go and the paxton would be wiping his feet :burnout: while the N/A pulls away:dontknow: . Try a 60MPH rolling start and the results might be different:dontknow:

Ha Ha im really curious to why or how thats possible...i thought SC's power was pretty much there from start to finish unlike turbos and their lag or time to spool up....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back