Hp gains from oil??

Gaboon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a buddy of mine finish up some mods today on his silverado. While it was on the dyno they changed the oil from Mobil 1 to Royal Purple. He says that he saw first hand that he gained 10Hp and 5FT/LB of Torque. This guy is a stand up guy and is honest. I think this is pretty cool that an oil can do this.

I have heard these claims of HP increase around the LX forums....I never tried it but they had several cars do a before and after dyno...gained several horses after switching to RP....:dontknow:

Someone call Mythbusters

i run RP in my snowmobiles(two stroke oil) after the first day-there was a very noticable difference- its actually quite amazing- never thought about the cars though- it is a good product

I was surprised as well. They did a before and after since his truck was already on the dyno. He says nothing else was done except for changing the oil.

I have alway's heard that Mobile 1 was good. Have I been misinformed?

Gaboon said:
I have alway's heard that Mobile 1 was good. Have I been misinformed?

Viper Tech Ted May uses Amsoil In All the viper he services. And thats what I use:rock:

mobil 1 is good for protection, but it won't make the most power. I ran it in my scion once and I averaged 32 mpg, when I went back to dino oil I got 39 mpg. (same 300 mile trip for both tests)

i use RP in my racecar. it's nice and thin but also provides amazing wear protection - which is important in a 400+ hp car that has discontinued rod bearings.

AWDisuzu said:
mobil 1 is good for protection, but it won't make the most power. I ran it in my scion once and I averaged 32 mpg, when I went back to dino oil I got 39 mpg. (same 300 mile trip for both tests)

i use RP in my racecar. it's nice and thin but also provides amazing wear protection - which is important in a 400+ hp car that has discontinued rod bearings.

What is this dino oil, never heard of it. I would love to improve the mpg of my scion?

Gaboon said:
What is this dino oil, never heard of it. I would love to improve the mpg of my scion?

Regular blended oil... non synthetic. Nothing tricky about it... just oil.

On Horsepower TV they did the royal purple fluid test............I cant remember exactly but the car did gain a small amount of HP and Torque.........but not 10.

patrick

That Sport/Truck oil review states they changed 'All' the fluids from 'Regular oil' to RP synthetics and gained the 10 hp.:dontknow: Our trucks come factory filled with synthetics fluids so that test means basically nothing to us.

505'sFastestViper. said:
i run deisel for my oil 20 hp on the dyno geat lubricant as well 1!!!!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2: :trytofly: need more info. dont know why i wont do it,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back