Hp gains from oil??

Cool, thanks for the info on the dino oil.

Westxsrt10 said:
That Sport/Truck oil review states they changed 'All' the fluids from 'Regular oil' to RP synthetics and gained the 10 hp.:dontknow: Our trucks come factory filled with synthetics fluids so that test means basically nothing to us.

My friends truck went from Mobile 1 to Royal purple and gained 10 Hp.

this is true in dirt bikes using a diffrent blend can result in a 1 hp gain at the wheel on a 450cc bike.

wtf-copy.jpg

I have been using Royal Purple for six years. Every vehicle I have put it in resulted in a smoother running engine and at LEAST 1mpg increase in mileage.

Royal Purple is the preferred oil for the Engine Masters Challenge. RP started out making industrial lubricants for compressors and made their mark saving companies thousands of dollars in equipment rebuilds. I have been very impressed with their engineering staff in answering any of my technical questions. I was very skeptical when a couple of my friends started using it about 10 years ago. I then started reading the independent studies that were done on RP products and eventually decided to try it myself. I spent two semesters back in college learning the chemistry that goes into fuels and lubricants, so I had a number of questions for RP related to additives, their base stock, and some of the their test results. After putting it in the engine of my 01 Dakota (I was using Mobil 1), I took a trip to Michigan to visit family. I noticed a 2mpg increase in mileage. The average of the next two months was a 1.6mpg. I had also noticed the engine temperature ran cooler (removed the factory clutch fan for increased performance and used only the electric). noticed the similar results with my 03 Diesel Ram. I have used it in everything since.

There is always some fight over which oil is better and it seems there are plenty of opinions and preferences out there. My point is the tell you that RP makes a great oil, gear lube, and trans lube. I do feel it is better than Mobil 1. Choose whatever oil you want, I am not saying there aren't other products that are just as good. I can tell you there are some bad ones (Pennzoil, Quakerstate, Castrol). My experience and testing over the years shows that Mobil, Valvoline, Redline, and MY personal favorite Royal Purple all are great lubricants. Good luck with your choice.

-Muzzy

Muzzy said:
I have been using Royal Purple for six years. Every vehicle I have put it in resulted in a smoother running engine and at LEAST 1mpg increase in mileage.

Royal Purple is the preferred oil for the Engine Masters Challenge. RP started out making industrial lubricants for compressors and made their mark saving companies thousands of dollars in equipment rebuilds. I have been very impressed with their engineering staff in answering any of my technical questions. I was very skeptical when a couple of my friends started using it about 10 years ago. I then started reading the independent studies that were done on RP products and eventually decided to try it myself. I spent two semesters back in college learning the chemistry that goes into fuels and lubricants, so I had a number of questions for RP related to additives, their base stock, and some of the their test results. After putting it in the engine of my 01 Dakota (I was using Mobil 1), I took a trip to Michigan to visit family. I noticed a 2mpg increase in mileage. The average of the next two months was a 1.6mpg. I had also noticed the engine temperature ran cooler (removed the factory clutch fan for increased performance and used only the electric). noticed the similar results with my 03 Diesel Ram. I have used it in everything since.

There is always some fight over which oil is better and it seems there are plenty of opinions and preferences out there. My point is the tell you that RP makes a great oil, gear lube, and trans lube. I do feel it is better than Mobil 1. Choose whatever oil you want, I am not saying there aren't other products that are just as good. I can tell you there are some bad ones (Pennzoil, Quakerstate, Castrol). My experience and testing over the years shows that Mobil, Valvoline, Redline, and MY personal favorite Royal Purple all are great lubricants. Good luck with your choice.

-Muzzy

I havnt done that much research but I do know RP always gets great reviews... but so does Castrol Synthetic.... :dontknow:

505'sFastestViper. said:
i was just tryin to find info for you guys i have no clue:dontknow:

XP3
JGRXP3.jpg

Features:
A higher viscosity version of XP1, XP3 offers outstanding high temperature – high shear protection
Designed for aluminum blocks and looser clearances*, XP3 also utilizes multiple synthetic base oils and a unique combination of anti-wear and friction reducing additives to reduce friction and fights valve-train wear
Compatible with methanol and high octane race fuels
Recommended applications:
Big block dirt late model V-8s
Sprint and Midget engines
Turbo and supercharged engines
Ideal for wet sump engines and other race engines with main and rod bearing clearances over .0030
Viscosity typical of a SAE 10W-30

XP5
JGRXP5.jpg

Features:
A SAE 15W-50, petroleum version of our original formula race oil
XP4 offers lower cost protection for dirt and alcohol fueled engines that change oil after every race to prevent dirt and/or alcohol contamination
Other race engines with main and rod bearing clearances over .0030
Viscosity typical of a SAE 15W-50

MG42pillbox said:
XP3
JGRXP3.jpg

Features:
A higher viscosity version of XP1, XP3 offers outstanding high temperature – high shear protection
Designed for aluminum blocks and looser clearances*, XP3 also utilizes multiple synthetic base oils and a unique combination of anti-wear and friction reducing additives to reduce friction and fights valve-train wear
Turbo and supercharged engines
Ideal for wet sump engines and other race engines with main and rod bearing clearances over .0030
Viscosity typical of a SAE 10W-30

XP5
JGRXP5.jpg

Features:
A SAE 15W-50, petroleum version of our original formula race oil
XP4 offers lower cost protection for dirt and alcohol fueled engines that change oil after every race to prevent dirt and/or alcohol contamination
Other race engines with main and rod bearing clearances over .0030
Viscosity typical of a SAE 15W-50
you post so nicely!!

Muzzy said:
-Muzzy

This has also been my experiance, with the exception of RP which I have not used, so I don't know.

I like the Mobile 1 oil but the other Mobile 1 fluids (steering, Gear, Ect) I do not care for, as the additives do not seem to hold up well.

Used Royal Purple in my rockcrawler.....would take it out once a month, beat the hell out of it on the rev limiter, then let it sit for another month before starting it again.....that, and a few runs to the store....would change it every 3k miles, which took about a year....always looked brand new coming out....very impressed with RP....

Used Mobil 1 on the SRT since it's still in warranty....

I just stumbled upon this thread. I switched to all RP fluids a few months back. In the tranny, I can actually shift when the truck is cold and is below freezing outside. With the factory trans fluid I couldn't. I also thought I was going crazy but I feel like the SRT runs better since I switched to RP engine oil. I want to run RP in my caddy but as with all caddy's I tend to use a quart every 1K miles or so and am worried the thinner oil with compound this problem.

For what it's worth, I just switched from Mobile 1 to Royal Purple 10-30 and transmission fluid changed to Red Line D4 and proceeded to lower my best ET from 12.64 @ 109.22 to 12.49 @ 110.55. Although the cooler air may have helped, still a noticeable improvement. 2004 RC naturally aspirated with headers, magnaflow, Volant ram air and DC tune.

Trainman said:
For what it's worth, I just switched from Mobile 1 to Royal Purple 10-30 and transmission fluid changed to Red Line D4 and proceeded to lower my best ET from 12.64 @ 109.22 to 12.49 @ 110.55. Although the cooler air may have helped, still a noticeable improvement. 2004 RC naturally aspirated with headers, magnaflow, Volant ram air and DC tune.

NICE :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back