Hp gains from oil??

Trainman said:
For what it's worth, I just switched from Mobile 1 to Royal Purple 10-30 and transmission fluid changed to Red Line D4 and proceeded to lower my best ET from 12.64 @ 109.22 to 12.49 @ 110.55. Although the cooler air may have helped, still a noticeable improvement. 2004 RC naturally aspirated with headers, magnaflow, Volant ram air and DC tune.
Is this the trick to faster shifting :dontknow: :dontknow: :D :rock: ;)

been using RP in my truck since first oil change. been using RP for the past 5 years in my kids alky jr dragsters , lasts longer and protects better.

I run RP as my motor oil AND rear end gear oil. I only use the stuff because I like using the best, plus Porter Tx where it's manufactured isn't too far from me. Although I can't rightly say I've noticed an increase (since I don't pay attention to that) I will say this.... "D, pass the popcorn."

Gaboon said:
Just had a buddy of mine finish up some mods today on his silverado. While it was on the dyno they changed the oil from Mobil 1 to Royal Purple. He says that he saw first hand that he gained 10Hp and 5FT/LB of Torque. This guy is a stand up guy and is honest. I think this is pretty cool that an oil can do this.

I saw the same test On Horsepower Tv One sunday and it does make like 10-17Hp difference with Royal Purple.

In my area Pep Boys and Advanced Auto both carry it. If its not on the shelf, they can special order it for ya!

I think the stuff that is carried at places like Advanced Auto parts isnt the XPR? Most carry the standard RP not the extreme performance. I did the RP thing a few months back and did see HP increases on the Dyno. The issue I had with it was valve train noise was much louder than with M1. I only ran the oil for 1k miles and then changed it back to M1. Im not saying its bad oil, we have all heard stories with any of them. I do have a gear head friend who swears that RP did his TA in. When I told him I went with RP he couldnt stop telling me to change it. Again opinions are like assholes we all have them and the all stink.

Chris

I changed my 06 GTO's oil to RP and I had it dyno and i just got 6hp, but changed all lubricants that they offered and I got a 16 extra hp.

After my success with Royal Purple, I am going to try the Eneos 5-40W synthetic along with an additive called HP234.

10 hp gain from Royal Purple sounds awesome. However the best bang for the buck has always been the X-Metal TB.....Recorded gains of 234 hp to the wheels :p :D Its all about going Billet :elefant:

Annu Kumar said:
Viper Tech Ted May uses Amsoil In All the viper he services. And thats what I use:rock:

Your man is correct!

What all these guys are missing is that they are not stating WHICH Mobil-1,ie 5-30, 10-40,20-50,etc. was in the test engine to begin with.

If you replace say a 5-40,or a 10-30/40, with anyones quality 0-30, there will be an increase in power/mileage.

Imagine molasses vs. maple syrup.

A trick we used back in the day was to replace the lubes (engine,man/trans,rear end),with low viscosity lubes.

When comparing lubes, make sure you are comparing one co's premium product with the others of the same viscosity. Other wise it would be like "Chev beats Dodge"then finding out later that they ran a vette vs.4.7ltr Ram 1500!
Based on advice from a competing co's tech. I use amsoil products also which he advised was of a quality unnecessarily high for automotive use.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back