I have colon cancer.

FSTJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have recently been diagnosed with colon cancer.

I have debated on posting this on the forum for about 3 weeks now and since I am a firm believer in what prayer can do, I have decided to do so and ask for you prayers.

I had a routine coloscomy done and this is how it was found.

The Dr that did the procedure believes that it is in the early stages. I hope he is correct.

I will have surgery this Friday the 20th at 5PM, at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego.

They plan on doing a colon resection where they will remove 6 to 8" of the colon.

Yes I am scared, but I have faith that it will work out as it should.

I have a tremendously strong will to live a long life.

I will do everything that the DRs tell me to do.

Also if it is my time, so be it, I have had a wonderful life.

I will be out of it for the first few days so I am told.

I will be in the Hospital for at least a week, the DR says that where they cut the colon it goes to "sleep" and takes about a week to come back to life and wake up.

For that period of time I will be fed through an IV and I will loose about 10 pounds, (that is a good thing).

Don't know what else to say, thanks for all of you being who you are and God bless you all.

Prayers sent Jack....I deal with cancer a lot here as I am chairman of the local cancer center advisory board...while colon cancer is bad it is also one of the most curable when found early....

Like I've told you Jack, you are in our thoughts here. And anything at all that you need and I have to give is yours, you know that my friend. You know my whole family loves you Jack, and we will always be here for you.

Last edited:
In the early stages, your prognosis is excellent for a full recovery. You didn't mention how old you are or your general physical condition. My prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery to you. Your mental attitude is one of the most important things. Just visualize your healing process and combating the disease. Spend some time researching a diet for immune system support and strength.

God bless Jack! Stay positive. If anything I can do or I am sure anyof us don't hesitate to ask!! Good luck!

Praying for you Jack ....

Damn sorry to hear this, From what ive heard around these parks you a tuff ol' son-of-a-gun and im positive you can beat this! Stay strong and let us know how your doin from time to time. Good luck

Thank you all.

I am 63 years old and have Fibro Mylgia, and chronic Cellulitis in my feet and legs. These are just things also and and not life threatning.

My will to live is super strong, this will just be another thing to deal with and overcome.

I have much to do in life and have every intention of living to a very ripe old age.

Im sure you will live to a very ripe old age Jack

God bless you and stay strong

Jack...I am and will be bugging God for you...:)...I expect to be in that neck of the woods sometime this year...See you...:D

Jack, you will be in my thoughts and prayers every day. You my Friend, are one of the truely "Good Guys".

Jeff

My thoughts and prayers are with you Jack,.. God Bless

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back