I just got back from buying my first SRT-10:)

Nates GTS Viper said:
forgive me for my ignorence but what does rbc stand for?
Red Button Club
That thing you start the truck with.

On these motors they are the identical motor from the Viper im thinking. I know a lot of Vipers are making around the 600-700 whp range on the stock motor. Not saying there not playing the odds but again they dont really drive their cars like you all drive your trucks. I will however make sure i read and ask questions and get advice on things I know nothing about. Thanks for the advice.

Welcome to the Family

oh yes my friend I DID get it at that price and I even posted the link to the ebay auction (after I won it of course)in my first post. I also wasnt being stereotypical about the whole Viper drivers thing. Im part of the VCA and alot of viper owners let there cars sit in garages all year exept for when there is a vca event. I have seen 96 vipers with under 1000 miles but I bet i couldnt find an year ram srt-10 truck with less miles. I was just stating that you all drive your trucks and dont just treat them like trophies sitting in a garage. However I do know there are exeptions to the rules. One of my friends that owns a 06 viper coupe is making 700whp with a paxton and a completely stock motor (bottom end and heads). His car is crazy fast but even he knows at any given race he could go boom.

In many ways this truck is magic...

You will be amazed what the truck brings into your life.

This site is one of the best things...

Welcome and enjoy.

It's the same engine as the viper but..............the trucks weigh a lot more.

and therefore harder on the internals

wow what a deal....................

Let me ask you......what happens when you punch it at 40 50 or 60?

Just comparing it to the roe :)

RED BUTTON CREW,and trust what these guys are sayin about the force induction issue,dont want kablooey,do the research:D :rock:

nate gts viper,my truck has 24 tho on the clock and runs like a bat outta hell,12 tho a year:burnout:

Nate welcome to the club, but looking at a few of the posts here I gotta comment:D

you got an awesome truck:rock:

with full headers, no cats, flash or programmer, cat back, cia, you'll get around 470 or so at the wheels.

take care of the tranny, she is a weak link

performance , around low 13's

smile factor on a scale of 1-10................5000000

but Nate, this forum is more than the trucks:rock:

your gonna find a few things different than the VCA;)

These guys are one big ol family, the stand together, fight together, and drink together:rock:

anything you need, or need to know, they really go way beyond normal means to help out.:rock:

But just attend a GTG an you will find out what I mean, you will make tons of new friends:rock:

Some my buddha..............will last a lifetime:rock:

to campare to a roe is hard for me to do. i have a 96 viper gts with a 10# roe setup and 3.55 rear with full exhaust. I know the roes have 0 lag and just throw you back in the seat until redline no matter what the rpm is at. With the auto in the truck when I punched it at 60 it downshifted veryfast and when i looked at the speedo i was amazed to see that it already climbed to 80 in what seemed like the time it took it to downshift. It felt awsome. Also if anone in Va has a roe qc and would like to compare them in a few performance tests i would be glad to help in the research.

Nates GTS Viper said:
ok I feel dumb again what is a GTG? Also do you all have any events in the Va area?
LOLOL

Get to Gether:D

sorta a bunch of fellas and ladies hanging out , maybe some track time, or sometimes just going for dinner:D

we just had one in Macon Ga, great times:rock:

uhum, and well if you go to the events section or do a search on macon GTG you will find some interesting videos:p I think there you may see we differ from others:D

but in May we are having our annual Panama city GTG, which is about 4 days worth of fun:rock: and a lil 1/8th mile track time

its 22 pages long, but think this will give you an idea, enjoy:D

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29406&highlight=macon

that ole boy from the carolinas STINKER has it weird,he can point you in the right direction:rock:

andrew heywood said:
that ole boy from the carolinas STINKER has it weird,he can point you in the right direction:rock:
I owe you a phone call to, beeen aweful bizzy, will shout at ya tommorrow:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back