i miss my truck

Geodriller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago i sold my 2006 RC NR #258/400 to a fellow member here on VTCoA. And i dont regret it....but i do miss it....ALOT.

decided to drive through a dealership today, as i had most of the day off and was bored. And what do i see but a 2006 QC NR #320/400:drool:. looked bone stock minus the NR decal on the back fender. i took a pic of it but still havent fully figured out this smart phone i just bought. i think it is "smarter" than me:(

they also had some good prices on some NICE other srt's. If anyone would like me to look at them for'em, i would be more than happy to. they also had a cherry 2010 JGC SRT-8. black with every option minus the rear video. thing looked to be in perfect condish. it had like 7000 miles and was a buy-back becouse of a leaky sunroof, which has been fixxed. they wanted 30k for it. which i thought was a spactacular price. plus they really want to get rid of them becouse fall is coming up here in IL and most wont drive these with snow on the ground (we use salt in IL)

another sweet ass ride was a 2009 Chally srt-8 with 5000 miles. with the CF print on the hood. wanted 35k for it and it also looked to be in very good condish.

both the srt-8's were black. so they had 3 srt's on the lot, 2-8's and a 10 NR....all of them black:drool:

i hated to see a NR for sale not 20 min from my house. this one was sold to a woman in TX who was to be there that day to pick it up. dealer said she was gunna use it as her DD in TX. it sold for 26k

anywho, just thought it was too funny not to post. and if anyone wants me to look at the other srt's, i would be more than happy to

Heck, he can probably buy his old one back, isn't that guy complaining about how expensive his insurance shot up?

I am already working on the old lady with that one...not lookin to good

Tell her it is an investment....an 06 with 7K miles will bring close to $30K.......in the long run you will be way ahead if you trade in a few years....you could buy it now and drive for a yr and still get more than $30K......if I didnt have the Charger I would be asking location info...

yeah. i am trying to talk her into a QC becouse she used to love my 05 QC cuz she could drive it. now that she is a stay at home mom, we could leave the truck as her vehicle since school is just a couple blocks within walking distance. but realized i cant fit a QC in my garage. now thinkin i might get an 8.....but the whole reason i sold my 10 was to save $$$ for a while, so might be a couple years, even if its a good investment now.

sweet ass ride though. looked through it briefly an looks cherry. 09 chally with 5k miles at $35k too. some seriously good prices

btw, how you liking the charger srt??? i have wanted one for ever. besides the 10's they are my favorit srt. dont know why, didnt even like them when they first come out. but within the past year i have wanted one more than ever. you like yours

LoL, dont cuss me. I have something in the works. This truck wont be selling, I asure you.

I miss my truck too . It sits in the garage and never gets driven . Im always in my work truck so when i do drive it , it feels so much faster every time lol

LoL, dont cuss me. I have something in the works. This truck wont be selling, I asure you.

glad to hear it man. selling my truck to a fellow member where i could follow her was really helpful in me letting her go. if you sold/traded it swhe would proly be lost forever. just makes me feel better that i know where she is and that she will be well taken care of:rock:

btw, how you liking the charger srt??? i have wanted one for ever. besides the 10's they are my favorit srt. dont know why, didnt even like them when they first come out. but within the past year i have wanted one more than ever. you like yours

Love the Charger...This is actually my 3rd Charger...I bought an 06 RT in July of 2005 then traded it 4 months later for a 2006 SRT8.....I traded the SRT8 for the SRT10 in August of 2007....loved the 10 but I never got over the Charger......an opportunity arose earlier this yr and one C5 Vette later I am back in a Charger SRT8 and loving it...

But I do miss the truck......if this economy wasnt so unstable right now I would probably buy Griff's truck and have both.....

how would you say the stock srt8's power/speed measures up to say a stock RC SRT? are they both about as powerful/fast. how big is the diff in the years of 8's. do they get faster every year? do some stand out in the crowd? im gttin a little turbo car for now for my commute (lookin at an EVO), but in a couple years gunna get back into somethin fast. Either a 10, charger, or jeep srt8. deff gunna be a Mopar tho. i heard somewhere the chargers were the slowest of the 8's. that true?

how would you say the stock srt8's power/speed measures up to say a stock RC SRT? are they both about as powerful/fast. how big is the diff in the years of 8's. do they get faster every year? do some stand out in the crowd? im gttin a little turbo car for now for my commute (lookin at an EVO), but in a couple years gunna get back into somethin fast. Either a 10, charger, or jeep srt8. deff gunna be a Mopar tho. i heard somewhere the chargers were the slowest of the 8's. that true?

The 06-10 SRT8 Chargers had the same power with only slight appearance changes......the soon to come 2012 SRT8s get a 6.4L Hemi (Challenger got the 6.4 in 2011) with HP going from 425 in the 6.1 to 465 (470 depending on which article you read)...and rumor has it a factory supercharged 6.4 option will be available late 2012 increasing HP to almost 600...

The Magnum was actually the slowest of the 4 as it weighs ~100LBs more......the 300 weighs about 50LBs less than the Charger but according to the SRT broshure from 2006 the Charger was the quickest in the 1/4.....an SRT engineer told me this was due to areodynamics being better for the Charger......in reality the cars are probably within a tenth of each other so any number of factors could cause one to beat the other...

The Jeep is the quickest off the line with the all wheel drive. It might be quicker in the 1/8 but I cant remember..weight & areodynamic make it the slowest in the 1/4 of the 8s........

stock SRT8 vs Stock SRT10 with professional drivers would be close...the truck may have a slight edge of a tenth or 2 but in reality it is much harder to launch so at most tracks you wont see their full potential....top speed the 8 is a clear winner at 172mph...

I would put my money on a 8 vs a 10, those Hemi's start pulling like a mofo on the top end. You would have to launch and shift almost perfect to beat the 8 on the street or track. Tuner and simple bolt ons and your easily mid 12's on the cars.

i hear ya. I dont regret switching to a Evo, but damn do i miss lighting the tires up and the sound of the V10. At least now i have the sound of my turbo spooling up and the bov..lol.

Ahh i miss my 10 as well so yall aint the only one....but I'm kinda glad it's gone.... I have so much more free time to get other things done now that im not in the garage at all hours wrenching! I still wouldnt mind having a RC sitting in the garage though ;) and no im not buying yours Ironhead!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back