i miss my truck

I would put my money on a 8 vs a 10, those Hemi's start pulling like a mofo on the top end. You would have to launch and shift almost perfect to beat the 8 on the street or track. Tuner and simple bolt ons and your easily mid 12's on the cars.

You are correct about "pulling like a mofo on the top end".......many times at the track my former 06 srt8 would be trailing half way down the track...then it would feel like I hit a NO2 button and I would pass the other car like it hit the brakes....

i have heard many people with the 8s have nothing but good remarks on the top end of the hemi's. they all say the same thing, seems that is what they are known for.

Troy. i hear yah man. when i told my neighbor i sold it he laughed and said, "well what you gunna do with all that free time...yiou were always workin on it or cleanin it"

now all i do with my free time is sit in a corner with a pic of the old 10 and sulk. rocking back and forth with tears in my eyes.

but, we went to a wedding this afternoon and drove by the dealership. showed the little woman the jeep srt and she replied that is something i would like to drive. but i want to get her in the test drive with a charger. sure do wish i could afford whatever those factory S/C chargers are gunna be. i absolutely love the 2012 chargers. i would go as far as to say it is my all time favorite SRT ever. and i havent even driven one. love the hood, side panels and the ass end.

i have heard many people with the 8s have nothing but good remarks on the top end of the hemi's. they all say the same thing, seems that is what they are known for.

Troy. i hear yah man. when i told my neighbor i sold it he laughed and said, "well what you gunna do with all that free time...yiou were always workin on it or cleanin it"

now all i do with my free time is sit in a corner with a pic of the old 10 and sulk. rocking back and forth with tears in my eyes.

but, we went to a wedding this afternoon and drove by the dealership. showed the little woman the jeep srt and she replied that is something i would like to drive. but i want to get her in the test drive with a charger. sure do wish i could afford whatever those factory S/C chargers are gunna be. i absolutely love the 2012 chargers. i would go as far as to say it is my all time favorite SRT ever. and i havent even driven one. love the hood, side panels and the ass end.

I got to actually touch a 2012 SRT8 Charger a few weeks ago when I was at the Virginia Intnl Raceway (VIR).....the SRT engineers had a black one there doing tests...beautiful car....my brother has one ordered and I am about excited as he is because I will get to drive it...:)

I got to actually touch a 2012 SRT8 Charger a few weeks ago when I was at the Virginia Intnl Raceway (VIR).....the SRT engineers had a black one there doing tests...beautiful car....my brother has one ordered and I am about excited as he is because I will get to drive it...:)

i am soooo jelous. i have thought about trying to test drive one, but the dealership here say they dont give testdrives in the new srt's. the price says you want one or dont. which i completely disagree with. hell the price id=s even more of a reason i would want to test drive it. i did test drive my 05 qc srt10 i got there, but it was pre-owned. i have a connection there and she did tell me one time she could get me in a new chally srt for a couple miles. but didnt jump on the opportunity. maybe now since i sold my 10 i could go in there with a couple pay stubs and a credit report and demand a test drive. i could afford it if i really wanted to. or....i could get the loan and the car that is. dont know if i could confortably afford it:p

I test drove a magnum srt . But i cant see myself in a wagon . Mind you this was before i had kids lol

i am soooo jelous. i have thought about trying to test drive one, but the dealership here say they dont give testdrives in the new srt's. the price says you want one or dont. which i completely disagree with. hell the price id=s even more of a reason i would want to test drive it. i did test drive my 05 qc srt10 i got there, but it was pre-owned. i have a connection there and she did tell me one time she could get me in a new chally srt for a couple miles. but didnt jump on the opportunity. maybe now since i sold my 10 i could go in there with a couple pay stubs and a credit report and demand a test drive. i could afford it if i really wanted to. or....i could get the loan and the car that is. dont know if i could confortably afford it:p

I would find another dealer.....I dont blame them for limiting test drives but they need to qualify a buyer..........and yes, the Charger, 300 & Jeep are AT....only the Chally can be had AT or manual...

If i could not test drive i would not buy it . I test drove my viper truck salesman almost shit his pants when i was done lol . But i was already approved for the loan and had my down payment in cash .I drove from nj to ky to buy so i guess they fig i was not a joy rider

If i could not test drive i would not buy it . I test drove my viper truck salesman almost shit his pants when i was done lol . But i was already approved for the loan and had my down payment in cash .I drove from nj to ky to buy so i guess they fig i was not a joy rider

the driva alone would say that.

when i test drove the truck we had alredy figured most everything. i told her if it fit in my driveway i was gunna buy it. (i had a sharp incline in the tip of the drive and was unsur weather the front facia would hit). when we were getting in she said she was in a bad accident so if i could take it easy she would apreciate it. i tested the acceleration a couple times. but that was about it.

i can understand their rules. no one wnts to buy a brand new SRT with 12-30 HARD miles on it from dickfaces test driving them. you can pretty much guarentee that the standard break in of the engine was not performed correctly. haha. but they also need to understand that many people would not want a car like that until they test drive it. looks go only so far, then performance makes the final straw if it is sold or not

Thats BS. I drove a 2011 GWE SRT8 Chally and of course the one I bought. I would walk right out if I couldn't test drive one.

So i go back yesterday to talk business with the sales ass. abot the 2010 srt8 jeep with 7k miles one owner buyback for 30k. I even asked him 3 times on the price becouse it seemed too good to be true...well. It was. It was 39k. Bastard. I was ready...dickface needs to get his shit together

So i go back yesterday to talk business with the sales ass. abot the 2010 srt8 jeep with 7k miles one owner buyback for 30k. I even asked him 3 times on the price becouse it seemed too good to be true...well. It was. It was 39k. Bastard. I was ready...dickface needs to get his shit together

I test drove an 06 srt8 durango with 31k miles this past saturday for $22k. You want contact info? It crossed my mind to trade. :D Its all black. Black wheels, black paint, black carpet, black leather, smoked tail lights, headlights and fog lights, and had tinted windows. Even debadged.

I test drove an 06 srt8 durango with 31k miles this past saturday for $22k. You want contact info? It crossed my mind to trade. :D Its all black. Black wheels, black paint, black carpet, black leather, smoked tail lights, headlights and fog lights, and had tinted windows. Even debadged.

Gotta throw the :bs: out....They havnt made a SRT durango.....EVER. Now they talked about/rumors of a SRT-8 Durango but it hasnt come out....

Last edited:
Gotta throw the :bs: out....They havnt made a SRT durango.....EVER. Now they did reveal a SRT-8 Durango in sema a year or so ago but it hasnt come out....

I miss spoke out of ignorance. It was indeed a cherokee. Fort Walton Beach Auto Brokers. 1697 Hwy 98 West Mary Esther, FL 32569 Phone: (850) 581-0893

It was an 07 as well, and had 51k not 31k. Stock number 657297

Inventory

Last edited:
yea thats a huge difference there Jeff ;) I guess it wasnt there long enough for others to read it yet!

It was fast, sounded good, looked great, but rode like shit. I had the guy run the numbers for shits and giggles. Managed to get a 22k plus ttt with my trade. Never went through with it of course.

Iwas gunna say. If there was a srt durango i would have akredy had one. But thanks for the info. I will check that out. Sounds righr up my alley. Thmks.

Good thing u were still online to correct that. This place would have eatin u alive for sumpin like that. But thanks bro

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back