I think I hurt my engine!

Curious minds!!

Dropped my engine off on Tuesday. I was like a kid in a candy store, V-10's everywhere, Vipers, trucks, engines. Bad new is 8 -10 week turnaround.

Dropped my engine off on Tuesday. I was like a kid in a candy store, V-10's everywhere, Vipers, trucks, engines. Bad new is 8 -10 week turnaround.
Patience is a virtue! :cool:

IMG_8267.jpeg IMG_8276.jpeg Got a bunch of pictures back from my engine builder. As I already knew, it definitely swallowed something (still don't know what it was or where it came from). They also found 8 worn rockers & pushrods, all will be replaced. Luckily the heads will be fine with a small cut.

Thanks for the update!!

It doesn't look like there has been any detonation going on, and fortunately your pistons were able to withstand whatever it is your engine swallowed (weird one).

Last edited:
That's gnarly! Glad it's not the end her!

So far I've checked all the rockers, can't find anything unusual. I put a scope in all cylinders (except #9, very hard to get at) and again don't see anything wrong. The only thing I found is a bad spark plug, don't know how it happened. It's wasn't really damaged, but the ground strap was touching the electrode, very strange.View attachment 65019

I had a problem a few years back ,, I started hear what sounded like lifter noise and was gettin an intermittent light misfire .. checked the codes and it was showing something about several cylinders, can’t remember the code .. but I think it’s about #1 and #10 cylinders .. I pulled the plugs on those cylinders and found exactly what your plug in the pic looks like .. no idea why . I had replaced the plugs a few months before . I did notice my gas mileage had dropped as I was on a road trip . Well , I replaced that plug and fixed the problem and it’s been years and nothing else has happened .. my guess is maybe I bumped and offset the gap installing the plug . Some of those plugs are a pain in the ass to remove and install ..

Hopefully it's simple like yours was

Hopefully it's simple like yours was
I was worried and checking with Stinker and other people as to why it did that .. was looking into rebuilding and everything .. so figure had nothing to loose installing another new spark plug . And it worked out for me .. I didn’t find anything else that could have shown something else was messed up .. that would stink if it was . Stinker is always very helpful from day 1 one here .. No idea how he’s doing now .. Been out of the loop for to long .

I was worried and checking with Stinker and other people as to why it did that .. was looking into rebuilding and everything .. so figure had nothing to loose installing another new spark plug . And it worked out for me .. I didn’t find anything else that could have shown something else was messed up .. that would stink if it was . Stinker is always very helpful from day 1 one here .. No idea how he’s doing now .. Been out of the loop for to long .
Same here I just checked in here a few weeks ago after a long time! Haven't seen many on here since

View attachment 65045 View attachment 65046 Got a bunch of pictures back from my engine builder. As I already knew, it definitely swallowed something (still don't know what it was or where it came from). They also found 8 worn rockers & pushrods, all will be replaced. Luckily the heads will be fine with a small cut.
Reminds me of one of my 340 dusters year ago … a piece of the Thermo quad linkage got sucked into the engine ,, made a racket .. so in the mid of winter and snow I go outside and pulled it apart and found nothing , but the piston look just like your pic . Put it back together and never had a problem .. but damn it was cold doing that . But hell I’ve always been a gluten for punishment.. did the same in the snow with my girlfriends car replacing the oil pump .. would have been easier to just have replaced her lol

Reminds me of one of my 340 dusters year ago … a piece of the Thermo quad linkage got sucked into the engine ,, made a racket .. so in the mid of winter and snow I go outside and pulled it apart and found nothing , but the piston look just like your pic . Put it back together and never had a problem .. but damn it was cold doing that . But hell I’ve always been a gluten for punishment.. did the same in the snow with my girlfriends car replacing the oil pump .. would have been easier to just have replaced her lol
To funny! :D

Makes ya want to give in and go ELECTRIC!

JUST KIDDING. I hope it all works out for you
Never happen! I don’t want to destroy the environment.. I believe in the Prius with its switch hitter gas to electric fo my golf cart haha

Still waiting on my rebuilt engine, supply chain problems getting parts. They finally have everything and it should be going together this week (it's been 12 weeks). While the motor is out, thought it would be a good time to address a trans issue. Every once in a while when comming off the highway, when slowing down, the engins wants to stall. I think the converter is not unlocking. Can anyone recomment a new torque converter? I already had installed a new TCC solenoid (I know it does not mean its good). How about trans fluid, +4 or Dex?

Still waiting on my rebuilt engine, supply chain problems getting parts. They finally have everything and it should be going together this week (it's been 12 weeks). While the motor is out, thought it would be a good time to address a trans issue. Every once in a while when comming off the highway, when slowing down, the engins wants to stall. I think the converter is not unlocking. Can anyone recomment a new torque converter? I already had installed a new TCC solenoid (I know it does not mean its good). How about trans fluid, +4 or Dex?
That’s a Ronnie call ,, where are you Ronnie hahaha

Maybe Ronnie is hunting turkeys :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back